SEE WINDMILLS & SMALLTOWN HARBOURS IN A FEW BUSSTOPS
Take public transport and this free interactive app is your guide!
Enjoy the best Holland has to offer outside Amsterdam. Visit the most famous windmills of Holland, taste Dutch cheese, see how wooden shoes are made, explore typical fishing villages and admire the summer residences of the rich and famous of the Dutch Golden Age.
The tour includes eight stops which all promise a unique insight into Dutch history and tradition. Our R-net buses depart approximately every 10 minutes from Amsterdam Central Station. You decide how much time you want to spend at each stop. A quick look or a visit to a small museum…it’s up to you. Also included is an audio walking tour for each stop.
The app tells you everything about all the interesting sights you pass in four languages. Follow live where your bus is on the route so you are prepared to get off or hop on the bus in time.
Our buses take you from Amsterdam Central Station, NDSM Wharf, Zaandam/Intell Hotel, Zaanse Schans, Edam, Volendam, Monnickendam and Broek in Waterland and back to Amsterdam again. And of course you can choose in which direction you make your tour. First to Volendam or first to Zaanse Schans? It’s all up to you. Our buses between Zaanse Schans and Edam/Volendam run every 30 minutes between 10:00 and 15:00 hrs in July/August and holiday’s. Get on board and have fun!
How it works:
• Start at Amsterdam Central Station bus platform
• You can buy your ticket from the sales team on the bus platform. Tip: Children? Ask for our Kids Day Ticket. Only 1 euro!
• Download our free Old Holland Tour app
• Take our R-net bus 391 (or Express line 891 directly to Zaanse Schans)
• Enjoy the flexibility of one of our buses coming approximately every 10 minutes to each stop
• Use our public transport and this free interactive app is your guide!
• We offer 8 stops/hotspots where information is available in 4 languages, including an audio walking tour at each stop
• Explore the industrial heritage of times past
• Experience traditional Dutch culture
• Visit Zaandam and its unique attractions, like the Czaar Peterhouse, as well as amazing architecture like the Inntel hotel.
• View the scenic windmills of Zaanse Schans
• Discover the old centre of Edam
• Enjoy the fishing village of Volendam and picturesque Monickendam
• Admire the summer residences of the rich and famous of the Dutch Golden Age (Broek in Waterland).
• You are free to taste and experience the making of traditional Dutch cheese and visit a traditional clog warehouse at several locations, including Zaanse Schans, Edam and Volendam.