Already downloaded more than a million times, HIIT Interval Training Timer will help you focus on your workout and forget about the time, just follow the sounds. And when you’re done, you can share your results with your friends on Twitter !
First it was developed for HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts, a famous method to burn fat in a short & intense workout. But our users showed us you can use it every time you need a timer : crossfit, running, cycling, HIIT, Tabata, yoga, stretching, fitness, weightlifting ... and even cooking !
And if you love the app, you can purchase the AD FREE version, for only 1.99 $. More features will come soon with this version ;-)
You can even use it with a HIIT card game called "HIIT the Game" ! http://bit.ly/HIITTHEGAME
* A FEW FEEDBACKS FROM OUR USERS
“ Just what I need for my HIIT sessions! audio is clear and works great :) no more looking at a timer! “ Bianca, April 1st 2015
“Accountable Interval timing. Best interval app. So easy to use, set, turn on, update. Just learned I can adjust the timer sound. Cool! “ Patricia, March 31st 2015
“ Great for those easily distracted folks!!! Ooh shiny, lol!!! So helpful, no more loosing track of what rep I'm on! “ Nancy, March 27th 2015
* WHAT’S HIIT ? *
High-intensity interval training (HIIT) is an enhanced form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. HIIT is a form of cardiovascular exercise. Usual HIIT sessions may vary from 4–30 minutes. These short, intense workouts provide improved athletic capacity and condition, improved glucose metabolism, and improved fat burning.
This definition comes from wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training) where you can find a lot more informations. It explains some very popular program, like the TABATA. HIIT is also a common practice in Crossfit trainings.
* HOW TO USE THE APP ? *
You can use it during all trainings with intervals or other timed repetition
Basically, this is how it works : on the first screen you will set up your workout phases durations (preparation time, work, rest, rounds and cool down) and you will choose your sound.
Then hit “Go !”, work and just follow the sound… or the voice !
You can listen to your own music, just make sure you can still hear the sound.
At the end of the workout, a new feature allows you to share your workout with your friends on Twitter @hiit_android (and soon on Facebook !).
Main features :
** 3 sounds choice and a voice
** Load preset : you can load one of our existing preset (Fat Loss, Tabata) or one you saved previously
** Save preset : you can save the workout you just set up
** Link to our Facebook page : you can like the app, share your experience with other users, share your workouts, make suggestions for new features, …
** Vibrate mode
** 3 seconds warning click
** Forward / Backward button during the workout to go to the next/previous interval
** Step Counter included in the training screen
New features are added regularly, thanks for your feedbacks and your votes in our forum (http://hiit.uservoice.com/forums/54804-general)
* PHONE PERMISSIONS *
Now automatically pause and resume if a phone call arrives.
This is why PHONE_STATE permissions are required. But the app never collects and stores phone numbers from users phones.
We’re proud to introduce this handy interval timer that helps you keep track of your work and rest periods during your HIIT interval training and workouts. This app is an awesome training timer, whether you're working on cycling, running, lifting weights, exercise, workout, stretching, boxing, MMA or HIIT, this interval timer will prove to be an invaluable asset for your HIIT interval training.
This app can be used as HIIT timer, tabata timer, round timer, and anything else about interval training you want to track.
Running foreground, background or with device locked, Interval Timer allows you specify an overall time as well as program High/Low intensity interval and rest time between sets.
Key Features of Interval Timer:
- Customizable sets, high/low intensity interval and rest for your own need
- Continue to run even when screen is locked
Customizable Features of Interval Timer:
- Number of Sets
- Countdown Time
- Set Time
- Low Interval time
- High Interval time
- Rest Time
- First Interval (low or high)
- Sound Volume
- Timer Sounds
- Auto Lock
- Pause during Rest
- New Each Set
Great training timer for Crossfit training, HIIT, interval timer, tabata, round timer, running, c25k timer, etc.
- Merge several sets into large workout
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Warning ticks
- Advanced sound settings
- Skip forward in workout
If you have questions, encounter bugs or have suggestions for improvements, please do not hesitate to mail me at: email@example.com
Internet access is used for ads and license check.
The app reads phone state in order to pause workout on incoming phonecalls.
The Runtastic Workout & Interval Timer app is more than a stopwatch or countdown clock. Whether it’s for your HIIT or tabata workouts, circuit training or at-home bodyweight training workouts, this app is for you. Set as many timers on your smartphone as you desire, save these settings, and use your customized timers again and again. Define your workout intervals (workout, rest periods, sets, reps) and construct unique, personalized workouts!
TIMER APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
* Customize your timer with various activity phases:
- Rest period
* Voice feedback: Constantly looking at your smartphone and clock is a problem of the past
* Create an infinite number of timers, save them, and use these again and again
* Determine sets of workout phases and rest periods, and how often you want to repeat your routine
* Displays both total time and remaining time
Use our timer app for training at the gym, with weights, kettle bells, spinning, bodyweight exercises, tabata or other fitness activities! The Runtastic Workout & Interval Timer app is also a great fit for those engaging in HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) training, interval training, or boot camp style circuit training!
The countdown is on! Download the practical Runtastic Workout & Interval Timer app today, and enjoy the unique timing benefits during fitness activities and in your everyday life!
Runtastic is all about health & fitness apps! Check out more of our apps to help you reach your fitness goals at http://play.google.com/store/search?q=pub:Runtastic
- quick set up - you don't need to fill unnecessary fields before your workout just select Work/Rest/Rounds and go!
- keeps you previous interval selected
- pause/resume workout on the go
- clean/simple and bright interface
- distinct tones that guide you through your workout.
- no complex settings with tons of screens before your traing
- works like Gymboss Interval timer, first set up interval and just press play button
If you would like any changes please let me know. I would like to keep clean timer simple but functional
SECONDS FREE AT A GLANCE:-
• Quickly create timers for interval training, tabata, circuit training
• Save, group, import and share timers (available in Pro version only)
• Text to speech
• Use timers from the timer repository (limited in free version)
• Full control over every interval
• Assign music to intervals or timers
• Large display
• The choice of personal trainers up and down the country
• Much, much more...
• LARGE DISPLAY AND COLOR CODING
Seconds boasts a stylish and clear timer display that can easily be read from a distance. You may switch to landscape mode by rotating your device. You may also apply a color to the background of the timer for each interval to provide extra visual cues.
• SIMPLE YET POWERFUL
Seconds provides timer wizards to allow you to create timers for common interval training methods. Included so far are wizards for HIIT timers, round timers and circuit training timers. You may even construct timers out of other timers with the new Compound Timer wizard.
• MUSIC INTEGRATION
Seconds allows you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your workout. On a per interval level, you can select a song, album, artist, genre, playlist, podcasts or audiobooks. If this is not to your taste you can simply assign music to the entire workout.
• SOUND SCHEMES AND TEXT TO SPEECH
Seconds comes with a variety of sound schemes. These range from simple beeps, through to MMA airhorns and boxing bells. For situation where you can't see the screen of your device Seconds can read out the name of the intervals in your timer.
It helps you to do Tabata Training.
+ Configurable preparation, workout and rest durations.
+ Configurable number of cycles and tabatas (sets).
+ Clear time display.
+ Multiple display colors.
+ Customizable background music.
+ Record your daily workout history and track performance.
+ Notes for your next exercise.
+ Record your weight and BMI.
Get training fast: Set your timer quickly in the basic mode. Or choose from ready-made timer presets to get going with zero effort.
Build all your training plans: Construct any type of timing using the advanced mode. Program any number of sets and timers, nest sets inside each other for big workouts, use variable timers for pyramid sets.
User your presets over and over: All your timers are automatically stored in the app for later use. Copy presets to quickly create new variations.
Customize your cues: Use your own alert sounds, colors and interval titles.
Let you device be your coach: Switch on text-to-speech to have your device call out interval changes.
More features in Impetus plus:
Rhythm your training: Play your music playlists in sync with the work and rest intervals.
Share and backup your presets: Export your presets to files for backup and sharing with your friends.
Support the development and open all features by buying Impetus Plus.
* Clear and comprehensive timer display with portrait and landscape modes
* Home screen shortcuts to presets for quick access
* Configurable countdown before next interval
* Configurable auto pause on incoming call (call state permission is used ONLY for this functionality)
* Optional auto pause on any stage of the training set
* Option to start the timer by shaking the device
* Can be run in the background
* Mute option for background music player on alerts
* Installable to SD card
Interval training will help you to get in better shape and increase your vo2max levels. Test have showed that interval training is better for fat loss than normal cardio.
- Easy to setup
- Big timer interface
- Install to SD
- The timer remembers the settings last used and uses them as a default for the next training session.
- Color coding for preparation, work and rest periods.
- Beebing sound between work and rest periods. Beep volume is controlled by your phones media volume control.
WAKE_LOCK = Keep the screen on while working out
INTERNET = for Advertisements
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE = for Advertisements
READ_PHONE_STATE = for Advertisements
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION = AdvertisementsACCESS_FINE_LOCATION = Advertisements
*** GET THE PRO-VERSION FROM
** If you like this application, please give it a favorable review. If you DO NOT like it, please send me an email how to improve the program. All improvement ideas are taken to consideration ***
All bugs and improvement ideas can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or at the facebook page
Whether you are training HIIT, Tabata, Bootcamp, Sprint Intervals, Crossfit, Kickboxing, Spinning, or Kettlebells this app will take your workouts to the next level. Also can be used as a Medication, Yoga, or Reiki timer with audio alerts suited for these applications.
• Holo Dark/Material theme
• Multiple alert sounds for various applications
• Can be run in background and when phone is locked
• Google Fit Platform integration
• 10 customizable presets
• Alert settings can be configured specific to each preset
• Shareable workout log
• Does not interfere with music playing from another app
READ_PHONE_STATE - Used to detect an incoming phone call and pause or mute alarms for an ongoing workout. Phone call details are never viewed or collected by the app.
VIBRATE - Used to create a vibrate alert.
BILLING - Used for Premium Upgrade.
WAKE_LOCK - Used to allow audio alerts to function when device goes to sleep.
OdinMode Studios - Handcrafted apps using traditional Nordic methods
It doesn't matter what workout you do - whether you run, use it for cycling, sprint, tabata, weightlifting, hiit, cardio, boxing or martial arts. It is suitable also for lot of "home trainings" like the ones found on bodyrock.tv! It can also fully substitute your Gymboss interval timer or other timers you'd otherwise need to carry in gym! The best thing is that this app is always with you, because it's on your phone.
You can always set your own training schedule with number of rounds, workout time and rest time. Before exercise you can set up preparation time and after you finish use relax time for cooldown. Import, Export, Download and Upload your training plans!
http://itimer.info - This site is a great addition to Android app itself. You can find here all the information about Interval Timer, some tips & tricks, all the user uploaded training plans and many more. Check it out after you're done with your workout.
Interval Training Timer:
- Logs of your training
- Gives you awards as you workout
- Allows you to set own sounds, vibrations and colors
- Is ready for import and export of your exercises, stats and awards to SD card
- Allows you to download and upload the training to the Internet
- And share them with the world!
- Combine various training into one long session in Extended Training
Tip: If you hear the counter through the external speakers even when the headphones are plugged in - you can always go to the preferences and un-check the "Use alarm volume". !!
Tip: If your background music is disrupted with every sound timer makes, you just have to disable "use alarm volume" in options
If you are willing to help me translate this app into your language, send me an email ;)
Free AD supported version!
- Reorder intervals simply by long click and dragging them up or down in the list
- Add one interval at a time or whole circuit training at once
- Set own sounds, vibrations for each interval
- Pick from range of designs
- Each interval will be announced during workout
- Log your workouts and export logs to csv file
- Calculate approximate energy expenditure based on MET values
- Gain achievements as you workout
- Import and Export to cloud
- Download and Upload your workouts to the cloud
- Share your workouts with friends
After exercise eight sets of 20 seconds, basic set is 10 seconds break.
You can exercise time and the number of sets, to set the break time according to the convenience of the user.
By by repeating interval exercise, to perform high intensity exercise in a short time,
You can get the motion effect of many little time.
You can use the Settings button in the upper left, to adjust set, exercise, and rest.
It is possible to use the reset button at the top right, make a fresh start from the beginning again.
You can use the button below to perform a pause function and exercise start.
I will let you know at the start of break and notification sounds movement start.
- Select your own background color, alarm sound and time duration
- Start, stop, pause and reset functionality
- Perfect timing countdown precision
- Beautiful, small, clean, yet very easy interface
- Available on phones and tablets
- Vibration on or off
- Keep screen on or off
- Share button
The Run/Walk Intervals Timer (Timer) is a quick and easy way to enjoy your run/walk interval training while listening to music, enjoying the scenery, enjoying the company of others, and/or recording your run via GPS ... but NOT worrying about keeping track of your intervals. The Timer keeps track of those intervals for you! (The scenery, company of others and GPS NOT included ☺ )
After opening the application, set your desired times and intervals and press Start. The Timer keeps track of the time for each interval, how many intervals you have completed, and the overall time you have spent in the activity.
When an alarm directs you to transition, the Timer will:
- Mute any music
- Vibrate the phone (if selected)
- Tell you to run, walk or cool down (as appropriate)
- Return the music back to its original level
- Vibrate the phone (if selected)
- Display a note instructing you to run, walk or cool down (as appropriate)
- During a phone conversation, the Timer will react to an alarm as if the sound is OFF. The conversation is not interrupted in any way.
You can also use other applications without error while the Timer is running - all audible alarms will be played (sound ON) or notes will be displayed (sound OFF). For example, I use the Timer, Pandora, and My Tracks for testing.
After starting the Timer you can Stop it. Once it is stopped, you are free to either Reset the application back to the default choices or Resume the training values previously setup. Resuming will begin everything exactly where you stopped it at with no loss of information or time.
General application settings are available at Menu | Settings. It contains options for Text-To-Speech, Interval Announcements and the Vibrator.
Select specific run settings on the Timer's main page by clicking on the appropriate edit or toggle button.
- Toggle a warm up interval on or off
- Toggle to run first or walk first (both the Running and Walking toggle buttons function like this)
- Toggle to choose a specific number of interval sets or continue indefinitely
- Toggle a cool down interval on or off
- Select the interval for the associated item
- The 'Stop after' edit button allows you to select how many run / walk intervals you want prior to run completion or the cool down interval firing.
If the sound does NOT work: The Timer uses Android's 'Notifications' audio stream so you must set the sound level for notifications on your phone:
- While at the phone's home screen, click on the Menu button, then Settings.
- In the Settings screen, click on the Sound category.
- Click on the 'Volumes' or 'Set audio volume' entry. The entry may be different on your phone, you are looking for the 'Notifications' audio stream control.
- Set the Notifications audio stream to its maximum. (Personally, I just max out all the audio volumes.)
- There may also be a checkbox labeled "Use incoming call volume for notifications". If checked, RWI will use the incoming call volume instead of the notification volume. If you check it or leave it checked, set the incoming call volume to its maximum.
- Your device may differ slightly from these instructions, but they should be close.
- Click the back button until you get back to your Home screen.
- Start the Timer and the sound should work properly.
Thank you for using Run / Walk Intervals Timer and I hope it helps you to meet your fitness goals.