Get the maximum out of your subwoofer. Many receivers today offer automatic calibration of subwoofers and speakers. This app takes you to the next level. Start a few listening tests and a measurement. You will receive the necessary adjustment parameters and can also evaluate different set-ups (room corner, wall...) and subwoofer combinations. A favourable placement creates a solid physical foundation. Only then the use of DSP(digital signal processing) for the final touch is worthwhile. Wrongly placed equipment will always sound unsatisfactory, even if it was expensive and is replaced by more expensive equipment. Sound engineers have been trying for decades to transport this painful truth to the end user. The app is meant to make a contribution to this.
* Detailed explanation. The results can be read without prior knowledge.
* Display of the frequency response with explanation for beginners
* Display of the group delay with explanation for beginners
* Explanation of how to use it to set subwoofer delay (distance) on your receiver.
* Use of measuring microphones (import of the calibration curve)
* Simultaneous measurement of two channels, e.g. right/left for stereo.
* Evaluation of resonances and reflections based on the frequency response
* Listening test with different soundtracks
* Smallest audible delay? A/B/X comparison of different delays
* English and German