HipMaps - custom maps with a modern twist - is a unique way to share area recommendations with guests attending events, hotels, vacation rentals, weddings & more. HipMaps gets people to the right place at the right time for organized events, and gives them the inside scoop on restaurants, wineries/breweries, shops, cool activities & sites in the area. Every map is 100% unique, and is designed using the host’s style and branding.
With the HipMaps app you can:
- See your location right on your host’s HipMap so you know where you are in relation to the host’s recommended destinations
- Read your host’s comments about each location and get their inside scoop on everything from the best BBQ in town to which hike has the best view
- Obtain directions to each location
- Directly access each location’s website
Don’t have a host’s access code? You can try out the HipMaps app with these access codes:
IMEX22 – Conference in Las Vegas, NV
Nash – Events in Nashville, TN
WEC22 – Conference in San Francisco, CA
HipMaps1 – Wedding in Sonoma, CA
HipMaps2 – Vacation rental villa in St. Croix, USVI
HipMaps3 – Family reunion in Beacon, NY
HipMaps5 – Sales meeting in Orlando, FL
HipMaps6 – Vacation rental home in Austin TX
HipMaps7 – Wedding in Orlando, FL
HipMaps: A 24/7 personal concierge for guests of:
- Business meetings & events, conferences & retreats
- Hotels, inns, vacation rentals & lodges
- Weddings & reunions
- Festivals & tourist/visitor centers
- Employee onboarding & more!
1. Download the HipMaps app and open it.
2. Allow the HipMaps app to access your location while using the app.
3. Enter your host’s map access code, or use one of the sample codes above, & hit ‘View Map’.
4. Your host’s custom map will appear on your screen, with the Google Maps base map layered underneath it.
5. Click on the bottom section with “Click here for list and directions” to expand the list of locations on the map. Click on the arrow symbol to the left of the desired location to bring up directions from your current location in Google Maps. If there is a globe symbol to the right of the location, click on it to bring up that location’s website. Click on the map area to minimize the map list. Note: not all locations will have the globe symbol displayed - it is up to the map’s host to decide if they want to link a location to a website.
6. Zoom in and out (using fingers); use the app tools to zoom to the map extent (home symbol); toggle the custom map and Google Map labels on and off (layer symbol); zoom to your location (location symbol); or learn about HipMaps (i symbol).
Note: if you do not want to see your location on the custom map or use the directions feature, simply do not allow the app to access your location. You can always update permissions in your phone’s Settings.
Pro tip: In order avoid having to enter the map access code every time you use it, do not completely close the app – simply minimize it.
Interested in learning more or creating your own HipMap? Visit HipMaps.com or email us at Hello@HipMaps.com
We can help! Go to HipMaps.com/frequently-asked-questions
Or get app instructions at HipMaps.com/hipmaps-app
Or email us at Support@HipMaps.com
CONNECT WITH US
Wander Aimfully with HipMaps™