Heart rate variability (HRV) is the physiological phenomenon of variation in the time interval between heartbeats. It is measured by the variation in the beat-to-beat (called R-R) intervals.
The metrics calculated at the moment are: SDNN, RMSSD, pNN50, AVNN.
To use the application you need a Bluetooth Low Energy heart rate monitor. We have personally tested the application with the Viiiva, Wahoo BlueHR and Polar H7 heart rate monitors.
The Viiiva is available at our store: http://store.selfloops.com/viiiiva-heart-rate-monitor-and-ant-bridge/
If you record the session you will be able to export the data, saved in csv format, to Dropbox, Google Drive, by email etc, and open it using Microsoft Excel, a text editor, Apple Numbers.
By using the application you expressly agree that SelfLoops is not providing medical advice with this application. Please, consult or ask for the advice to your physician or other medical professionals for any health related questions.
For an intro to HRV see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_rate_variability
You will need a Zephyr HxM transmitter to use this app. If you don't have one, you can purchase one here:
For support / questions / suggestions, please visit our support page here:
If you are having trouble with the app, please also use the "Send Debug Log" menu option to email the logs to us for analysis.
Here are some of the main features:
* Large configurable heartrate graph shows realtime HR data
* Heartrate Zone colors on graph show you at a glance what zone you're in
* Load saved data into graph
* Perform a workout "in comparison" to a saved workout to compare performances
* Nine point digital data display shows everything you need to monitor, at a glance
* All digital data displays offer "Solo Mode" to concentrate on a single metric
* Audible (spoken or tone) alerts for many metrics
* Visual indication of heartrate status via notification LED (supported devices only)
* Share workouts with various social media outlets, etc.
* HRV testing and charting. Can asses overall cardiovascular health or an athlete's degree of "restedness"
* HRV (Heart Rate Variability) tests include PNN50 and RMSSD
* R-R Data logging for HRV tests
Many many more features.
Using Stress Check by Azumio you will be able to:
-Quantify your level of stress
-Determine the effects of different stressors
-Control stress and observe progress
-Reduce chances of certain chronic diseases known to be correlated with stress
Everyone has experienced changes in heart rate before taking an exam, giving a public speech, or when exercising. In fact, not only does your heart rate increase, but the time variations between consecutive heart beats become more random and scattered as well. By analyzing this factor of heart rate variability (HRV), it is possible to estimate your level of stress wherever you are, with no additional hardware.
Analysis of HRV requires heart pulse data to be measured continuously for a certain period of time. The more you use Stress Check, the better the app gets to know you and your heart.
Algorithms used to analyze HRV follow recommendations of European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology (NASPE).
If you consistently observe high levels of stress we recommend using Azumio’s stress relief application, Stress Doctor: a biofeedback app that uses deep a breathing technique for stress reduction.
Stress Check utilizes a method of quantitative stress level assessment developed by Biocom Technologies, a well-known developer of various professional health assessment technologies.
The time period between the impulses that stimulate the heart to beat (known as R-R Interval) actually varies significantly for a constant average heart rate.
This variation known as Heart Rate Variability (HRV) can provide interesting information about the subject, such as:
- Indication of over-training (1) (2)
- Monitoring recovery from a competition or workout (3)
- Estimating Ventilatory Threshold and Anaerobic Threshold (4) (5)
- Identifying when the athlete is able to undertake hard training (6)
Various parameters have been established to classify HRV, the most notable being SDSD,; RMSSD; SD1 and SD2
This app calculates and displays these parameters in pseudo real time (update every 5 seconds based on the most recent 60 heartbeats). Also displayed is a histogram of the most recent SD1 values
In order to maintain reasonable stability in the parameters it is necessary to remove ectopic beats from the dataset. Ectopic beats are when there is a short R-R interval followed immediately by a long R-R interval, the average of the two being similar to the R-R intervals either side of the ectopic beat.
1. This app is for general interest only and SHOULD NOT be used for any clinical purpose.
2. CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN before undertaking any strenuous activity
3. This app requires a Polar Wearlink+ Transmitter With Bluetooth (Available from Amazon)
4. App has been tested on Samsung S3 and S4
1. Effect of overreaching on cognitive performance and related cardiac autonomic control. Dupuy et.al, Scand J Med Sci Sports 2012
2. Decrease in heart rate variability with overtraining: assessment by the Poincare´ plot analysis. Mourot et.al, Clin Physiol Funct Imaging (2004) 24
3. Heart rate variability before and after cycle exercise in relation to different body positions. Barak et.al; Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2010) 9.
4. Use of Heart Rate Variability to Estimate LT and VT. Karapetian et.al; Int J Sports Med 2008; 29.
5. EFFECTS OF HIGH-INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING ON HEART RATE VARIABILITY DURING EXERCISE, FRONCHETTI et.al; Journal of Exercise Physiology online
6. Endurance training guided individually by daily heart rate variability measurements; Kiviniemi et.al; Eur J Appl Physiol
Andrew Flatt has an excellent blog on HRV training that can be found here: http://hrvtraining.com/
The Pro version of this app, now available (search Heart Rate Variability - Pro) will save all the R-R intervals (in mS) to a file that can be imported into a spreadsheet or Kubios HRV analysis software. In addition, a separate file will be generated that records all the parameters displayed on the screen, with the line numbers in the R-R file that were used to generate those values.
My HRV is a biofeedback app that continuously monitors in real time your heart rate variability in order to assess and control your stress levels.
It requires a Bluetooth 4.0 heart monitor that measures R-R intervals. It works with heart rate monitors like the Polar H6, Polar H7, Zephyr HxM2 Smart…
But it does NOT work with: Wahoo BlueHR, Beets BLU, Adidas, Latitude Limited Runtastic TD00290, G.Pulse HR-07, MIO Global, ALPHA 53P, NordicSemiconductor... because these don’t measure R-R intervals.
- Real time continuous HRV monitoring.
- Background led notifications based on your stress levels.
- Auto session saving.
- Configurable charts to discover patterns and trends hidden in the recordings.
- Learn to relax through breathing.
- Decrease stress and fatigue.
- Improve performance in stressful situations.
- Get snap out stressful situations.
IN NEXT RELEASES:
- Recording detail view.
- Cloud sync.
The app is still beta. Feel free to send me any issues you are having.
keywords: hrv, coherence, pulse, heart, rate, fitness, stress, fitness, meditation, biofeedback, ble, bluetooth, heart rate
- Real time display of LF/HF
- Enhanced ectopic beat elimination
- All data saved to files for offline analysis
- Improved stability
Ectopic beats are captured by Lagrangian interpolation of the data stream.
LF/HF is calculated by resampling the dataset at 4Hz them applying Welch's periodogram through a 256 point FFT using a 16 sample wide window and an 8 sample overlap.
The uncorrected raw R-R samples are saved in a file named "year-month-day-hour-minute-second-r2r.txt"
The HRV parameters calculated and displayed during operation are saved in a file named "year-month-day-hour-minute-second-sd1.txt"
The filenames are the time the program was started and are saved in the directory HRVpro/data.
Both files can be imported into Excel and the r2r file can be directly opened in Kubios.
Next steps: Plot LF/HF as skinny bars withing the SD1 plot
1. This app is for general interest only and SHOULD NOT be used for any clinical purpose.
2. CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN before undertaking any strenuous activity
3. This app requires a Polar Wearlink+ Transmitter With Bluetooth (Available from Amazon)
4. App was developed and tested on Samsung S3
5. Some users of the free version of the app have reported odd behavior such as failing to connect properly (with the display remaining at 'listening') and the app displaying improbably high values. Both of these conditions have been seen during development of the app and appear to be an Andriod related issue ( when the device gets itself in this state, 'Cardio Training' fails as well).
Recovery from this condition can be achieved by shutting the device down completely then restarting.
The BioForce HRV system uses heart rate variability technology to measure the amount of training your body is prepared to handle each day and over time, allows you to evaluate the effectiveness of your program and make changes as necessary to optimize your results.
HRV has been used for many years by some of the biggest sports teams and organizations from all over the world, but BioForce HRV is part of the next generation of HRV technology that's mobile, affordable and accurate.
Please Note: BioForce HRV requires the purchase of additional hardware for the app to work.
Visit www.bioforcehrv.com for more info.
- extracts, plots, stores and exports time and frequency domain heart rate variability features (AVNN, SDNN, rMSSD, pNN50, LF, HF, LF/HF)
- configurable time window for feature extraction (30 seconds to 5 minutes)
- automatic RR-interval correction (configurable)
- event annotation
- data export/storage on SD card and Dropbox (csv format, exports heart rates, rr intervals, events and computed features)
- records data even when the app is in the background
- handles recordings longer than 10 hours
HRV Logger requires at least Android version 4.3 and Bluetooth 4.0. HRV Logger was tested using Polar H7, Armour39, mio alpha and two Samsung S3 (i9300 and mini) running android 4.3.
The time window used to compute features can be configured choosing between 30 seconds, 1, 2 or 5 minutes. Windows of at least 2 minutes should be used when using low frequency features (LF). Given the non-constant frequency at which RR-intervals are received, a buffer of RR-intervals is used to collect 30 seconds to 5 minutes of data, on which features extraction is executed.
The following features are extracted from RR-intervals:
- Mean of beat-to-beat intervals (AVNN),
- Standard deviation of beat-to-beat intervals (SDNN),
- Square root of the mean squared difference of successive RRs (rMSSD),
- Number of pairs of successive RRs that differ by more than 50 ms (pNN50),
- Low frequency power (LF, 0.04-0.15 Hz),
- High frequency power (HF, 0.15-0.40 Hz),
- Low to High frequency power ratio (LFHF).
Since RR-intervals come at non-constant frequency, they are linearly interpolated before frequency analysis. After interpolation, a hamming window is applied.
RR-Intervals correction prevents artifacts due to ectopic beats or motion from affecting features computation, as often reported in literature for HRV analysis.
It is advised to keep RR-interval correction to 20%, meaning that every RR-interval which differs by more than 20% from the previous one, will be discarded. HRV Logger provides three options, the correction can be completely disabled, in case you are interested in looking at PVCs or other events. By default the correction is set to 20%. The third and last setting is 50%, which is a less aggressive correction, since every RR-interval which differs by more than 50% from the previous one, will be discarded.
All files are in csv format, making it easy to import them in other tools. Four files are exported for each recording, including timestamped HR, RR-intervals, extracted features and annotated events.
Overview on HRV:
The cardiovascular system is mostly controlled by autonomic regulation through the activity of sympathetic and parasympathetic pathways of the autonomic nervous system. HRV analysis attempts to assess cardiac autonomic regulation through quantification of sinus rhythm variability. The sinus rhythm times series is derived from RR intervals (R peaks of the QRS complex derived from the electrocardiogram (ECG)), by extracting only normal (NN) intervals.
Since HRV aims at quantifying autonomic regulations, it can be used as marker of sympathetic or parasympathetic predominance, and therefore become relevant in many applications. In athletes for example heavy training is responsible for shifting the cardiac autonomic balance toward a predominance of the sympathetic over the parasympathetic drive, and HRV analysis attempts to quantify this shift.
Other applications span from stress monitoring during public speaking or daily life, assessment of pathological conditions and even emotional regulation during financial decision-making (trading).
Find out more at this link: http://www.marcoaltini.com/2/post/2013/12/heart-rate-variability-logger-app-details.html
By using Smartphone's camera and flash, this app measures heart rate,stress level and autonomic nerve balance. This app will help you managing stress efficiently.
(1) Heart rate measurement in real-time
-Minimum/Maximum/Average heart rate measurement
(2) Stress measurement
-HRV(heart rate variation) graph display
-Automatic nerve balance result
-Physical/mental stress level
-Accumulated data display
2) Application use
-By measuring heart rate,autonomic nerve balance and stress level by using a smart phone, user can efficiently manage stress frequently.
-It is a smart health care and mobile health care system, anywhere at any time you can check the status of your stress simply.
3) Method of measurement and principle.
-Measurement by using one of the PPG (Photoplethysmography) methods.
There are two types of pressure, systolic and diastolic at the heart, therefore the peripheral vascular, amount of blood flow, and volume of blood vessel changes. StressViewer measures the amount of penetration of light by using the camera image that shows the pattern of heart beat.
The smart phone’s flash light will be exposed at the end of the user’s finger and the amount of blood flow can be measured because when the heartbeat occurs, the amount of blood flow in the peripheral blood vessel changes which is detected by camera on smart phone.
-Only works at Smartphone camera with a built-in flash
-Do not shake finger during measuring
-Do not press the camera and flash too hard
-This application is not for professional medical diagnosis
5) Introduction of Du-Sung Technology Corporation and guide on released app.
-Du-Sung Technology have developed and manufactured the wireless heart rate monitor, moreover, we have earned the respect in accuracy and quality of products through many years of knowhow in the field of wireless heart rate monitor.
Currently we have anounced two apps which are “StressViewer,” and “CardioPlanner.”
“StressViewer” is very easy-to-use app since it measures the current stress rate without any other instruments, but with only smart phone with a built-in flash camera.
And the app, “CardioPlanner” is the chest-belt typed wireless heart rate monitor that can be connected with smart phone by bluetooth to measure, so user can obtain more accurate workout data.
“CardioPlanner” accurately measures heart rate, number of step, exercise route, exercise distance, consumed calories, measurement of stress, etc, and the result can be uploaded to Web, so this app will help users to exercise systematically.
Join 20 million users and start freeing your endorphins!
* Interval programs: Choose from three programs or create your own and let the audio coach guide you
* Graphs: View graphs with your lap times, heart rate, speed and altitude throughout the workout
* Beat yourself: Set a previous workout as your goal and the audio coach will help you perform better this time
* Low power mode: Increase the battery standby time by using this feature for long workouts
* Pedometer: Use the step counter feature to track workouts when you don't have GPS coverage, e.g., indoor
* Customized Audio Coach: Customize how often you get audio feedback and what information is read aloud to you
* Time goal: Choose a duration for your workout and the audio coach will help you reach the time goal
* Calorie goal: Set a calorie goal for your workout and the audio coach will guide you
* Track any outdoor sport including duration, distance, speed and calories
* Enter a workout manually, e.g., a treadmill run or weight training
* Get audio feedback for every mile or km while exercising
* Get live peptalks from friends - they write a short text which is then read out loud to you seconds later
* See your route on a map
* Track your heart rate
* View history of workouts and study split times per km or mile
* Set a distance goal and have the audio coach speak to that as your target
* Sync workouts across multiple platforms (web entry, certain watches, file import - signup required)
* Share workouts on Facebook Timeline
* See your friends' latest workouts in real-time
* Race against a friend’s time and have the audio coach help you perform better
* Compete on a specific route nearby and race against the route champion
* Follow your friends' latest activities with the social widget on your phone's home screen
* Keep a log of your music playlist for each workout
* Study routes nearby and use the map to navigate your way around
* Set the app to pause automatically when you are not moving
* Enable countdown
* Customize the main screen to show the information that you find most valuable
* Get instant feedback by tapping your (wired) headset’s media button
* Pause and resume a workout by long pressing your (wired) headset's media button
All data is sent automatically to your profile at www.endomondo.com, where you analyze your training, compete against your friends, follow them live and communicate with the vibrant community of active people throughout the world, no matter what other GPS phone or tracking device they are using. You can also set up automatic sharing to Facebook and Twitter from the website.
Time to free your endorphins!
Go Premium: Endomondo Premium includes access to all PRO app features but you can also get just the PRO app with a one-time payment.
- Training Plans: Reach your running goal with a personal training plan
- Heart rate zones in workout summary
- Weather info in workout summary
We are asking for the permission ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION to enable GPS tracking of your workouts.
We are asking for permissions to access your personal information and read contacts. We ask for this to make you able to connect with your friends, challenge them and follow them directly on your phone. We will read names and email addresses from your contacts ONLY if you actively choose to do so within the app.
The present app determines continuously the heart beat and heart rate variability.
The continuously measurement of the heart rate variability allows a better assignment of alterations in vegetative nervous system, than the measurement via heart rate about 60 sec. The system calculate and illustrate the most important parameter of heart rate variability (SDNN, rMSSD, NN50) immediately and simultaneous. In result assessment is very easy and with the present results you can detect diseases of the body.
Our cardio scan app can determine dynamic of respiration via detecting differences between pictures (60 per second) taken with the camera of the Smartphone. The combination of heart beat and dynamic of respiration is the basis for the biofeedback training. The optic display of curve progression allows a visual control of heart beat, in- and expiration. So you can detect and display the relationship between heart beat and respiration. In addition you can learn to control the heart rate via your respiration.
* Chart to show your heart rate over time in real time w/ pan & zoom.
* Map that shows your heart rate color coded route in real time.
* Export your heart rate data to either TCX file format or Comma Separated Value (CSV) text file format so you can analyze it externally. CSV data format: Time, Heart Rate, Latitude, Longitude, Altitude (meters above sea level), Speed (meters/second), Heart Rate Variability (milliseconds), Calories Burned (kcal), Battery Level (%).
Each premium feature is unlocked independently.
Displays battery level for Polar H7 and other HRM devices that support sending battery level information. The feature is active on Android 4.3 and Samsung devices at this time.
Due to Android Bluetooth Low Energy support limitations, this app only supports devices running Android 4.3 and above, the Samsung GS4 (Android 4.2+), and the following HTC devices - HTC One, HTC Droid DNA and HTC One X+ (Android 4.1+). Please note that your device must have hardware that supports Bluetooth SMART. If your device is not supported, please don't give my app a bad rating because it is out of my control. If you'd like to know why your device is not supported, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2012 Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Galaxy Nexus are not supported at this time.
The Samsung GS3, GS2, Note 2, and Motorola Razr XT910 have been confirmed to work with Cyanogenmod 10.2. You may need to put a file "android.hardware.bluetooth_le.xml" in /system/etc/permissions in order for Android to detect that the device supports Bluetooth SMART. Please email the developer at email@example.com if you would like help using Cyanogenmod 10.2.
It has been verified to work with the Mio Alpha, Polar H7, BlueLeza HRM Blue, Zephyr HxM Smart, Viiiiva, 60beat Blue, Beets BLU, and Wahoo heart rate monitors and should be compatible with any BLE heart rate measuring device.
Using the MyCalmBeat heart rate monitor (available through www.mycalmbeat.com/mycalmbeat), you can calculate your personal best breathing rate where you are likely to be most calm. At this rate, you receive the biggest benefit from your training. You can then train by breathing regularly at your personal best breath rate and tracking your ‘calmness’ over time with the MyCalmBeat heart rate monitor. You can then train on the go with the MyCalmBeat App.
How does it work? Your breathing rate affects your heart rate patterns, which affects how your brain deals with stress. And all these processes are tightly interconnected. While it’s difficult to directly control your heart rate, or your brain function, you can control your breathing rate. By regularly slowing your breathing down, you can improve your heart rate variability, which will allow your brain to more effectively deal with the stressful situations you encounter. Learn more at www.mybrainsolutions.com/mycalmbeat
MyBrainSolutions.com is an interactive self improvement website that offers brain insight and training to help you develop the positive habits that can maximize your personal performance. Premium MyBrainSolutions members receive:
• A scientifically validated brain assessment
• Over 30 brain exercises
• Videos and articles on brain health
• Tools to track your successes and positive changes
To use this app you will need a bluetooth heart monitor such as the "Zephyr HXM" available online.
NOTE: This is a beta release so please do not submit negative reviews if you find a bug. Please send feedback directly to info@pumpupthevolumeAPP.com
*Voice Announcer: speaks your heart rate when below target.
*Banking: Enables logging of sessions.
*Calories burned during seesion.
*Turn off ads
Beat your personal bests!
Superior GPS sports tracking app. Running, cycling, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, sailing, biking, flying, gliding. The best featured app to record your GPS track and monitor your performance and cardio fitness.
★ Live tracking
★ Speed, distance, time, pace, altitude gain/loss
★ Training plans
★ Heart rate*
★ Breathing rate***
★ Skin temperature***
★ Voice trainer feedback
★ Personal Bests
★ Auto facebook/twitter
★ Replay my tracks on Google maps
★ Realtime zoomable charts
★ Race yourself
★ Export in GPX, CSV, KML from the website
* Polar wearlink or Zephyr BLUETOOTH or ANT+ HRM required
** Zephyr Hxm or ANT+ footpod or bike sensor required
*** Zephyr BioHarness required
Compatible with Zephyr Hxm, Zephyr Bioharness and Polar Wearlink® + transmitter with Bluetooth®
See http://sportstracklive.com/help/heart-rate for more info.
Also compatible with Bluetooth SMART (Bluetooth low-energy) sensors (currently enabled on Samsung only). See http://sportstracklive.com/help/bluetooth-smart
This app is ANT+ certified and supports ANT+ enabled heart rate sensors, footpods and bicycle speed & cadence sensors. Visit http://www.thisisant.com/directory for compatible devices.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problem
Run, bike, cycle, hike, mountain bike, ski, snowboard, sail, treadmill
Help, Feature requests and forum http://getsatisfaction.com/sportstracklive
- As seen and recommended by ESPN magazine!
- Selected by Gizmodo as one of the best apps ever.
- Highly rated by Lifehacker: a comprehensive exercise planner
- 7X7 SF blog: the app that may replace personal trainers. [but we'd rather think of it as a tool for personal trainers to aid their clients]
- and raved by many many others...
Find out why gym goers are switching over to Fitness Buddy! With 1700+ unique exercises at your disposal, Fitness Buddy will revolutionize your training regimen. With this app, you will find the workout tracking process simple and easy in order to sustain your motivation and enforce your commitment to your fitness goals.
-- MAJOR FEATURES ---
✔ 1700+ unique exercises!
✔ 1000+ HD videos
✔ Comprehensive exercises for all major equipments including barbell, ez curl bar, dumbbells, kettlebells, resistance bands, medicine ball, machines, and stability balls
✔ Exercise categorization (core, lower body, chest, shoulders, back, arms, cardio)
✔ 4000+ exercise photos and animations (retina display resolution)
✔ Detailed exercise instructions and muscle categorizations
✔ Capabilities to add your own custom exercises and favorite exercises
✔ Quick and simple workout tracking
✔ Search bar to quickly find your favorite exercises
75+ workout routines
✔ Diverse repertoire of exercise routines including workouts for women
✔ Routines specific to your goals (build big chest, tone butt, lose weight, and more!)
✔ Routines specific to your equipment (resistance bands, kettlebells, bodyweight only, etc)
✔ Build your own workout routines
Body metrics tracking
✔ Track your body weight and metrics (chest, arms, thighs, etc)
✔ Graph your body progress
✔ Quick email responses
✔ Frequent updates
And many other features for you to enhance your workout experience. You won’t be disappointed when you train hard with Fitness Buddy.