SmarTracks Athlete monitors your activities and achievements when running. To measure sprint times or step frequency conventional technologies such as GPS or light barriers are imprecise and or difficult to set up. New tracks, so called SmarTracks, have integrated technology which enable you to monitor your training with zero preparation time via smartphone and additional devices such as smartwatch or heart rate monitor.
- Time in seconds (for all track distances, also for 100m sprint)
- Steps per minute (spm)
- Step frequency
- Speed (m/s)
- Record Run
- Free Run
- Speed development
- Android 5.0 or higher
- GPS sensor
- Acceleration sensor
- Magnetic Field sensor
- The app is dependent on the sensitivity of your smartphone sensors, so high-end smartphones should give no problems in magnetic gate recognition.
The following smartphones were extensively tested:
** BQ Aquarius U
** BQ Aquarius X5 Plus
** OnePlus X
** ZTE nubia Z11 mini S
** Samsung Galaxy J5
** Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus
- The app is designed to be used with a belt that holds the smartphone at your lower back. Results from using the app in other positions on athlete's body will be less precise. We recommend purchasing some belt which allows to wear the smartphone at the lower back. We have good experiences with the 2bFit belt or Formbelt available online.
We are also in the process of producing our own belts and will notify you when those are available.
The primary feature of the app - Record Run - should be used SmarTracks In-Ground locations. SmarTracks In-Ground locations have Magnetic gates strategically distributed over the track allowing very accurate timing.
SmarTracks In-Ground is available in
- The Americas under the brand "SmarTracks by Rekortan"
- The rest of the World under the brand "Polytan SmarTracks"
Some of those tracks are accessible for the public, some are private or operated by universities, sports clubs or municipalities. Please check with the operator of the track if in doubt.
Here is the list of the SmarTracks In-Ground locations provided in the app at the moment:
- Australia, 3550 Bendigo, 58 Retreat Rd, La Trobe University Bendigo Athletics Complex
- Belgium, 9300 Aalst, Frans Blanckaertdreef, Loopbaan 1
- Germany, 01987 Schwarzheide, Mückenberger Straße, Hans-Fischer-Stadion
- Germany, 02827 Görlitz, Zittauer Str. 89, Stadion der Freundschaft
- Germany, 08485 Lengenfeld, Waldkirchner Weg 13, Sportkomplex Lengenfeld
- Germany, 10555-14055 Berlin - 7 Tracks
- Germany, 20148 Hamburg, Turmweg 2, Sportpark Rotherbaum
- Germany, 34369 Hofgeismar, Am Anger 11, Angerstadion
- Germany, 35394 Gießen, Kugelberg 62, Universität Gießen Institut für Sportwissenschaft
- Germany, 47533 Kleve, Tichelstraße 9, Allround Sports Kleve (Privately operated)
- Germany, 48149 Münster, Horstmarer Landweg 50, Fachbereich 20 Sportwissenschaft
- Germany, 48149 Münster, Horstmarer Landweg 62B, Universitätssportanlage
- Germany, 49086 Osnabrück, Helmut-Stockmeier-Straße 3, Sportpark Gretesch
- Germany, 53229 Bonn, Siegburger Str. 321, Sportanlage Gesamtschule Bonn-Beuel
- UK, KT1 3PB Kingston upon Thames, Kingsmeadow Athletics & Fitness Centre