Connect with language learners around you for free language practice!
Learn languages through conversation. Have fun making new friends from different cultures and backgrounds. Meet often to improve fluency.
Whatever language you speak, connect through the app instantly and start chatting.
Idyoma is a community for like minded language learners eager to reach fluency in whatever language they hope to master. The app is and will always be free. This is possible as we present you with language learners nearby who already speak the language you want to learn and are looking to learn the language you already know. This way you can take turns speaking in each other's’ native languages, mutually benefitting. This form of language exchange allows for the perfect opportunity for users to learn about each other's cultures and backgrounds. The app works particularly well when traveling.
- Connect with language learners nearby, by intuitively swiping through profiles
- We are not a dating app. Swiping right or left simply helps you navigate through profiles. There’s no rejection in idyoma!
- Select up to 3 language(s) you speak and up to 3 that you are practicing
- Customize a profile, add multiple photos and leave comments on how your conversations went
- Form group chats with users around the world
- Instantly translate messages from users
- Connect with verified users; who have securely registered their identity with us: verified users display a badge on their profile
- Match with users on the basis of shared interests
- Discover language partners in different locations using the “Worldwide” function
- Login with Facebook or with Email
Idyoma is growing communities in:
Choose 1 to 3 languages you want to practice.
Choose 1 to 3 languages you know and how well you speak them.
Select your proficiency in each language you select (that you are learning or can already speak).
Browse local users by clicking “People” on the bottom tab.
Click on their photo to view their profile.
Read their description, comments made by previous language partners, check their distance, and see if you share any mutual friends.
Click the “Send message” button at the bottom of the screen to start chatting.
Translate any text to better understand your new friend.
Here you can organize a meetup.
Find out more at idyoma.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Twitter or Facebook!
Push notifications will be used for new messages and new comments
GPS is used to locate users around you
GPS runs in the background while the app is in use. Continuous use of GPS can drain battery.
Idyoma is - and always will be - free. If you choose to unlock the Self-verification you will be charged a specific amount detailed on the app to your iTunes. This in-app purchase is a one time purchase and causes a "badge" or Verified icon to appear on your profile.