Also known as Cross Sums, Kakuro is a mix between a crossword and sudoku puzzle. Unlike a crossword puzzle where the clue is a word or phrase, a Kakuro clue is a number that the corresponding answer cells must add up to. That’s where the sudoku part comes in. Each clue has at least 2 and no more than 9 answer cells. Each answer cell must be a single digit (1-9). Duplicate digits are not allowed within a clue (4 = 1+3, 4 ≠ 2+2).
Each puzzle has a unique solution that can be solved without guesswork.
Get an amazing Kakuro experience:
- clean, minimalist design
- simple, intuitive controls take the hassle out of solving Kakuro puzzles electronically
- thousands of puzzles (all free)
- puzzle progress is auto-saved
- multiple sizes (3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, 9x9, 9x11)
- multiple layouts for each size
- multiple difficulties and control types
- stats include your ranking vs others who have completed the same puzzle
- drag to select/deselect multiple digits at once
- sync data (stats and in-progress puzzles) between devices with a free KakuroGame.com account
- works offline
- can be played in portrait or landscape orientation
- phone and tablet support
Challenge your brain with Kakuro anywhere, anytime!