The Night Sky - Simply Magical
The Night Sky is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and even satellites you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, constellation or even a satellite, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!
(Please see http://www.iCandiApps.com/iCandi_Apps_LLP/The_Night_Sky_-_Licensing.html for licensing information.)
The Night Sky Lite is a magical new app that enables you to identify the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations you can see above. Just stand anywhere and hold your Android Phone or Tablet up to the sky and The Night Sky Lite will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see, just like magic!
Even if your view is obscured by clouds or daylight, The Night Sky Lite app will know which stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations are hiding from your view! You have to use this app to realize just how amazing it is!
The Night Sky Lite does this by using your location data provided by the GPS and compass built in to your device. It then cross references your location data with its inbuilt map of the sky and overlays the stars, planets, galaxies, and constellations names on your screen. It really is magical and will amaze you, and anyone you show it to!
So next time you're gazing up in to The Night Sky and wonder the name of a star, planet, galaxy, or constellation, just get out your Android Phone or Tablet and let The Night Sky Lite app amaze your gaze!
The Night Sky is a #1 selling app because it really is simply magical!
You simply specify which object you are looking at, which telescope and eyepiece you are using, and a simple tap on a button brings you to a prefilled form to log your observation.
You can enter all your astronomical gear, even filters and barlow lenses.
To make sure you don't ruin your night vision, StarLog© Free features a night vision mode that turns the whole interface red, including the keyboard and all pop-up windows! You can even turn the brightness of the app down to a comfortable level.
You can full-text search through all your observations and sort them in various ways. StarLog© Free can export 5 of your observations in the OpenAstronomyLog format (OAL 2.0), for maximum compatibility with your other astronomical software. Support for exporting 5 observations to DeepSkyLog.be is built into StarLog© Free by default. Deepskylog is very popular in Europe. To make it easier to discuss your observations with others, StarLog allows you to make a screenshot of the observation, so that you can post it on forums or include it in e-mails.
To make your transition to StarLog© Free as painless as possible, you can import 5 observations and instruments from apps like 'Stargazing Log' and 'FOViewer (full or trial)'.
Limitations compared to the full version of StarLog©:
- No search option for objects.
- No restore option for backups.
- Only 5 observations can be exported to either CSV or OAL format.
- Only 5 observations can be imported from apps like 'Stargazing Log' and 'FOViewer (full or trial)'.
- Only 10 objects can be imported per observation list.
- No text-to-speech option.
- No voice recording functionality.
- Ad in the logging screen and details screen.
- No integration with SkEye for Go To/Push To functionality.
You can try/test the app in EVERY BROWSER by going here:
Keywords: Astronomy log logging observations deepsky astro
Ondersteund ook de Nederlandse taal.
The use of Sky Atlas is believed to be simple, intuitive and largely self-explanatory, yet requiring basic knowledge of astronomy and familiarity with your Android phone.
Opens a list of object categories. Tap on a category to view available objects. Upon selection of an object, its data is shown in a message box, from which to return to selection of another object or choose to center an object on the star chart. Categories which contain a large number of objects are assigned a sub-menu (tap on screen's menu button) which allow to narrow down by various criteria dependent on the nature of the category.
* Named Stars
* Nearby Stars
* Binary Stars
* Variable Stars
* All Messier objects with images
* Bright deepsky objects with images
* All Caldwell objects with images
* Solar System Planets
* Dwarf Planets & Asteroids
* Meteor Showers
* Hubble Objects
* Kepler Field Overlay
* Celestial Poles
This list of items is not directly related to the star chart, but to astronomical time-keeping, information and visualizations.
* Rise, set, twilight times
* Day & Night Visualization
* Rectangular view of the sun's vicinity
* Earth Globe in 3D
* Moon Atlas in 3D
* Moon Calendar
* MSL Curiosity Station
* 3D planetary phase views
* Planetary Moons
* Pleiades Close-up
* Solar Eclipses
* Greek Alphabet
* Historical Timeline
* Zodiacal Signs
* Martian Moons
* Plutonian Moons
This section is for astronomical computing, such as current positions of the Galilean moons, orbit simulation, calculation of optical equipment performance and more.
* Galilean Moons
* Orbit Simulator
* Distances among Stars
* Speed of Light Simulation
* Telescope Calculator
* Binocular Calculator
* CCD Imaging Calculator
* Optical Formulae
* JD-Date/Date-JD Converter
* Stars down to magnitude 6.4
* Constellation lines
* Constellation boundaries
* All Messier objects
* Bright NGC/IC objects
* All Caldwell objects
* Sun, moon and planets overlay
* Equatorial Grid
* Equator line
* Ecliptic line
* Associated object labels
* Color display
* Monochrome, negative display
* Nightview (red display)
Sky Atlas is designed only for Android phones operating in portrait mode. If you own a tablet please search for "Sky Atlas Tablet".
Galaxy Precident SCH-M828C and similarly small phones not supported.
Sky Objects turns your Android-powered device into a window on the night sky.
The Plus adds the new ability to track any near earth objects with a NORAD Id in real time. Follow satellites, the international space station, and more!
Sat Locks My take up to 1-2 minutes over cell networks!
You can get predictions for Iridium Flares for the next 7 days. Think shooting star like flares.
Based on code Open sourced and donated by Google.
Tracking data is courtesy of www.n2yo.com
Anyone interested in helping? Fell free to email.
In this catalogue of 112 deep sky objects over 35 can be seen with out the use of a telescope or binoculars!
Just scroll to an object of your choosing and tap "Locate".
The location data will be sent to your Google Sky Map application which will show you the location of that object in the sky!
For beginners to professionals, this app makes finding all the brightest galaxies, nebulae and star clusters as easy as one tap of a button!
Listed with each object is its brightness in magnitude and what the minimum optical gear is necessary to view it.
All you need is a dark, clear sky and a passion for Astronomy! :D
Optional: To view the wikipedia page for each object an active internet connection is required.
To use the "Locate" feature Google Sky Map (free) is required.
keywords: space, andromeda, messier catalogue, ngc, carl sagan, neil degrasse tyson, nebula, nebulae, orion, catalog, telescope, binoculars, deep sky, hubble
- And more...
The application works off-line, so the content is available to you anytime and anywhere to brighten up your day, and grow faith in Jesus Christ.
The verses are taken from the “King James Version” (KJV) and “New International Version” (NIV) of the Holy Bible.
You can share this app with friends using Facebook®, email or Twitter®. Thank you for your support – we appreciate it.
The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
Augmented reality (AR) view: See the positions of planets or comets live on a camera image and search your selected object with your phone!
Since version 3.0 Planetdroid comes with a visibility diagram. You see the elevation above the horizon of your selected body (white line) of the current nicht and the elevation of the sun (dark yellow line), as well as the twilight times. The horizontal black line ist the horizon, the vertical red line your selected time.
Since version 3.3 it is possible to save locations offline. The file containing the locations is sdcard/.com.strickling/location.txt. It can be edited with any test editor. To start the editor, simply click menu in the location selection form.
Download elements for asteroids and comets from the internet.
Supports GPS localization.
Calculates (select or deselect different items in the menu):
- time of rise, culmination, set,
- azimut of rise and set
- equatorial right ascension and declination
- ecliptical coordinates and distance
- azimut an elevation
- equation of time, true local time, sidereal time
- diameter, brightness, central meridian, position angle of the axis
- for comets and asteroids: motion velocity and direction
- Civil, nautical and astronomic twilight
- begin of the seasons, lunar phases, and lunar age
- times of opposition, conjunction and greates elongation for planets.
- time of perihelion for comets
On some devices without front camera Google Play Store will indicate, that Planetdroid is not compatible with your device. The front camera is needed for the augmented reality screen. If you like to install Planetdroid without using augmented reality, please install it from my website: http://www.strickling.net/android_engl.htm#PlanetDroid
Thanks to Mark Huss for his AstroLib containing the VSOP-routines and to the translators Nenad Trajkovic (Serbian), Alfredo Caronia (Italian), IDris a.k.a. MANsur, Ghost-Unit (Russian), Sizhuang Liu (Chinese), M. César Rodríguez (Spanish) and Osama Al Shammari (Arabic).
- Hardware controls: Camera. Required for AR. May cause compatibility refusal for devices without front camera. Try installation from my website!
- Exact location: For site-specific calculations eg. rising and setting times.
- Internet Access: Online access to asteroid and comet orbital databases and online selection of an observation site.
- SD card access: Storing orbital elements data, settings and location coordinates for offline search.
More translators are welcome! If you like this app and prefer using it in your language, contact me! Translation is very easy.
Frequent users are asked to purchase the Planetdroid donation version to share the Android market fees.
Bugs or problems found? Please send error report for error loclisation and removal or send an email instead of giving bad ratings!
Key words: sun, moon, planet, planets, solar system, coordinates, position, physical ephemeris, planetoid, planetoids, asteroid, asteroids, comet, comets, ephemeris, sky, astronomy, observation, rise, set, culmination, azimuth, azimut, elevation, coordinates, position, physical ephemeris, conjunction, opposition, elongation, Augmented Reality, AR, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptun, Pluto, Ceres, Pallas, Juno, Vesta, droit, planetdroit, planet-droid, planetandroid, Planet droid
More than 4 million paying customers from 175 countries.
You can subscribe to more than 500 apps for learning and training via GoLearningBus.Com.
GoLearningBus brings you a simple, crisp and to-the-point app for "Learn Astronomy by GoLearningBus".
You have limited access to the content provided.
In guest mode you can access first chapter for free.
Login further to access second chapter of each app.
For full access to the content, please login and purchase this application.
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts.
3. Simple and easy quizzes for self-assessment.
This app provides a quick summary of Astronomy via easy to grasp snack sized chapters:
History of Astronomy,
Branches of Astronomy,
The Galaxy and Night Sky,
The Solar System,
Planets of the Solar System,
This app will access your personal information like first name, last name, and Email id.
For more details you may refer our privacy terms at http://golearningbus.com/tou.html.
Why GoLearningBus apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Enjoyable, Entertaining and Exciting apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
★ ★ ★ GoLearningBus Vision : simpleNeasy Apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ To make education enjoyable, entertaining, and exciting for everyone. ★ ★ ★
Visit us : www.GoLearningBus.com
Please write to us at Team@WAGmob.com. We would love to improve this App.
- Dates (Gregorian, Lunar & Solar Hijri)
- Prayer Times (with Notification)
- Rise and Set (Sun & moon)
- Day and Night times
- Moon Phase
- Moon Sighting
- Day & Night Map
- 2D Compass (position of Sun, Moon & Qibla)
- 3D Compass
- Qibla Locator (on map)
- Share/Send via other applications
- Device Information
- Application Widgets
- Export information and tables from Calendar
- Share exported files via Bluetooth/WiFi/eMail/Print/...etc.
- Graphical representation of data
- Prayer Times alarm with audio file selection
Please forward your suggestions/comments to:
Read some fun space facts for kids and find out more about astronomy, the Moon, the Sun, Planets, of course our Earth and more. There are full of fun and exciting facts about our Solar System.
Children will love the cool, crazy, strange, funny, weird, odd, bizarre and wacky information Space & Planet
Cool Facts on Solar System & Planet, many picture illustring article for kids from ages 4 to 12 years old.
Easy to use app to kids to learn great information on Astronomy
Tags: Kids Science facts, space fact, solar system facts, planets for kids, earth facts for kids, Kids Astronomy"
Calculate Horizon Coord's (Altitude and Azimuth) from Right Ascension and Declination
Includes: Star Ref's, Messier, Caldwell and Binocular Objects Catalog. Create your own Favorites catalog from currently displayed object.
Input Dialog for Ra/Dec and Favorite Item Name.
User Location: GPS or Input Dialog
In the first episode of this fantasy series, The Secret of the Car Wash, your kids follow Storm & Skye as they explore a new world with a dragon and a knight found in an old car wash. The narrator will guide your children along through the magical adventure. Captivate your children as if they were at the movies! Find out what happens in the darkness of the car wash in this magical adventure story!
Getting ready for bedtime? Your children can watch and listen to their new favorite bedtime story as they learn about courage, friendship and their own imagination in fantasy stories with Storm & Skye!
Engage your children with stories and animation:
• An audio animation storybook of more than 45 minutes in length that children will love! Your children will be taken along in a fantasy adventure filled with animation and magic!
• Captivate your kids with beautiful illustrations, animations and engaging music.
• Listen to a narrator who makes the story come alive for your children.
• Short chapters mimic real children’s books, with an easy chapter guide to pick up the adventure where your child left off!
• Interactive animations allow your children to play with different elements during the story, like play with the knight or press buttons!
• Enjoy watching and playing with this audio storybook together with your children!
• Great as a bedtime story and perfect for long car trips!
• No In-App Purchases or distracting ads!
By combining the best features of movies with the best features of books, the Storm & Skye animated storybook will keep children captivated for hours!
Have your children experience a different kind of storybook adventure on a mobile device. Enjoy the magical adventures of Storm & Skye and download the animated storybook fantasy today!
Awards & Recognitions
• WINNER Best App for Children and Toddlers Contest - Best Mobile App Awards
"Besides the beautiful graphics, we also find the sound backdrop of Storm & Skye’s first adventure truly remarkable. [...] Storm & Skye is one of the most remarkable story apps for kids this year – and we are really looking forward to the next editions." - Topbestappsforkids.com
"This app is beautifully made, with charming artwork and very professional music and narration. This lovely app is the first in a new series that will follow Storm and Skye through what I can only imagine will be many other adventures." - Smartappsforkids.com
"Stunningly beautiful, magical, and filled with the wonders of imagination, digimoo studios has accomplished what few others can achieve in an audio-visual storybook. Storm and Skye - An Animated Magical Adventure Story for Kids has the feel of a high production movie, all contained within a narrated picture book format." - Teacherswithapps.com
About digimoo studios
digimoo studios is a production and publishing company specializing in developing innovative entertainment apps for children. It is our mission to enable children of any age to open up to the magical worlds of their imagination and dreams.
In case you experience any problems with the app, or if you have a question or remark, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are happy to be of assistance! Please make sure you mention your mobile device and iOS version you use in your e-mail.
Also visit our website: www.digimoostudios.com
Currently on Sale! 50% Off, Don't miss it!
Glossary of Astronomy is an application containing over 800 astronomy related glossary terms and jargon. It is an excellent educational and reference application for hobbyist as well as those who are in the field of astronomy .
The application is optimized for all Android devices running on OS 2.3 or above.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPECT
This application has the following features:
- User friendly interface to preview all glossary terms in one view
- Ability to bookmark selected glossary for easier reference
- Cross-referencing links to other glossary
- A glossary search engine
- Text preview of each item
- Offline browsing
138App.com is one of the leaders in developing Android applications. Check out our other Apps on Android Market by searching for "138app.com" on the search box
■ VERSION 3.1.0 NOW COMPATIBLE WITH NEXUS 7
■ CURRENT VERSION 3.1.0 REPLACES 3.0.8.
■ 29 New "Composite" Illustrations
■ All New Range Maps with expanded legend
■ New Location Uncommon search attribute
■ New Conservation Status search attribute
■ New Illustration Update search attribute
■ Browse no longer resets Browse scroll position
In this latest 3.1 update to iBird Pro for North America we have added 29 drawings, 3 new search attributes to help you ID birds and other improvements you have asked for. These new features are:
■ iBird Pro is now completely compatible with the Nexus 7 and Android OS 4.3 Jelly Bean.
■ 29 New "Composite" Illustrations - see the Illustration Update attribute and select "6.3" to see these amazing drawings. Check the California Condor and Baltimore Oriole for examples.
■ All new range maps now include Summer, Winter, Spring and Fall ranges plus Year-round and Migration ranges.
■ New Location Uncommon search attribute contains more species from official state lists, rare and accidental species, etc.
■ New Conservation Status search attribute lets you search by the size of any species population as well as see specific species endangered status on each account. The standard is maintained by Birdlife International and is called the IUCN Red List.
■ Browse no longer resets the scroll position on the Browse screen.
■ All Songs and Calls are from the Macaulay Library at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, considered the finest bird library in the world!
■ Four view modes: Compact, Icon, Thumbnail and Gallery.
■ All screens optimized for tablets - illustrations, photos and range maps fill the screen.
■ See how 5 most popular birding apps stack up: http://ibird.com/compare
iBird PRO is designed to satisfy the demanding needs of advanced birders and professional naturalists. It offers comprehensive identification, behavior, habitat and ecology information, hand drawn illustrations, professional high resolution photographs, range maps and playable audio songs calls for 938 North American and Hawaiian bird species from the famous Macaulay Library of Natural Sounds at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
Notable features of this version of iBird are:
■ All species aligned with most recent AOU and ABA taxonomy
■ Illustrations, Photos and Maps are full HD 576 x 720p resolution
■ Attributes are grouped into several related areas
■ Updated state and province bird lists using official references
■ Taxonomic and Alphabetical family sort options on Browse screen
■ Playing bird songs and calls lets you to attract birds right to your device or bird feeders for easier identification and more enjoyment (2)
■ iBird’s icon-driven search engine, enables you to identify birds using shape, color, location, habitat, head pattern, flight pattern, bill shape, length and more
■ Hand-drawn full sized color illustrations, with perching and flight views
■ Multiple professional photographs of most species, showing plumages, sexes and seasons
■ Voluminous identification, behavior and habitat information, and hard-to-find details such as diet, egg color, sex of incubator, vocalization definitions, and much more
■ Full color range maps for every species showing migration areas
■ Links to hundreds of additional Flickr photos as well as detailed Wiki pages for each bird
■ Species, common and family names in English, French and Spanish (text is English)
You can keep up with the latest news and other iBird users by following @iBird on Twitter and by joining the iBird fan page on Facebook facebook.com/ibird.
(1) If you need tech support please go to http://ibird.com/contact-us/ and fill out the form. It will help us diagnosis your problem.
(2) If you use iBird’s audio playback feature in the field, please do so responsibly by following the American Birding Association's Code of Ethics: See http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html, particularly section 1(b), for guidance.
Ever wondered what objects are up in the sky? Now you can get familiar with Astronomy by identifying stars, planets, and constellations. Also look up deep sky objects from the Messier and NGC catalogs.
If you have a telescope, just strap the phone onto the OTA and you get a PUSHTO guide!
Astronomy, Sky Map, Digital Setting Circles, Star chart, Space
• Time machine : Jump to any date in past or future
• Real time Alt-Azimuth and Equatorial coordinates
• Messier objects
• mini-NGC catalog (subset of ~180 bright objects)
• Solar system objects including all 8 planets and the 4 Galilean moons
• Night Mode
• Search, with a guiding arrow
• Alt-Azimuth, Equatorial grid
Send an email to email@example.com.
• For better accuracy, calibrate the magnetic sensors by waving the phone in a figure-8 motion of your hands.
• For advanced use read: http://lavadip.com/skeye/documentation.html
‣ Upcoming features:
• More deep sky objects, Satellites and Asteroids
• Support for DSC with encoders
This app can also be used as a general Bluetooth serial terminal.
This app has two modes:
1. Type commands to directly chat with the DSC / device. This lets you test the Bluetooth link to any electronic device that supports the Bluetooth SPP profile.
2. Get a PUSHTO by switching to Aligned mode. It supports two DSC protocols right now: Craig Combe's board and BETI. More coming soon.
Read the tutorial here:
‣ Upcoming changes:
• Better UI
• Night mode
Also, checkout my other app called SkEye. It has support for a Virtual DSC! No need for messing with encoders for low accuracy applications.