Envision is the fastest, most reliable and award-winning free OCR app that speaks out the visual world, helping people who are blind or have low vision to lead more independent lives.
Envision is developed for and together with our community. The app is simple, gets things done and brings the best assistive experience to blind and low vision users.
Simply use your phone camera to scan any piece of text, your surroundings, objects, people or products and everything will be read out to you thanks to Envision’s smart artificial intelligence (AI) and Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
What Envision users say about the app:
“Incredibly easy to turn any kind of text into speech. It has improved my independence a lot. - Kimberly from USA. Easy going text recognition. Text recognition is outstanding. Good for independence. Ease of use is immaculate” - Noahis from Australia
“Amazing. I love it. I'm blind and I love how easy it is to use. Amazing job!!!!” - Matt from Canada
With full talkback support, Envision enables you to:
Read all kinds of text:
• Instantly read any piece of text in over 60 different languages.
• Easily scan your paper documents (single or multiple pages) with the help of audio-guided edge detection. All content is spoken back to you and is ready for export and edit.
• Import PDFs and images to get a description of the image and recognition of all the text within it.
• Quickly read handwritten postcards, letters, lists and other paperwork.
Know what's around you:
• Effortlessly describe visual scenes around you.
• Detect colour on your clothes, walls, books, you name it.
• Swiftly scan barcodes to get extensive information about the products.
Find what you're looking for:
• Find people around you; the names of your family and friends are spoken out whenever they are in the frame.
• Find objects around you; selecting common objects from the in-app list to find them.
• Share images or documents from your phone or other apps like Twitter or WhatsApp by selecting ‘Envision It’ from the share sheet. Envision can then read and describe those images for you.
Feedback, questions or feature requests?
We welcome everyone to provide their feedback about the Envision app, as we’re constantly improving.
Please email us at support@LetsEnvision.com.
If you're still reading all the way down here, we'd like to thank you for your diligence, attention to detail and general commitment to finishing something that you started. Just like all the team working at Envision!