File Locker is your key to privacy. Password protect any of your applications or files with this simple yet effective free app.
File Locker Features:
Usage Instructions Explained:Create a folder structure:
- Lock images, videos, audio files, text files, and apps.
- Organize any content type with multilevel folder organization
- Activate App Locker by tapping the menu and selecting App Lock. For newer devices you will have to grant File Locker the Usage Data Access permission. Tap the apps you want to lock, logout, and close the File Locker app. All the locked apps will now require your File Locker password before they are opened.
- Set an Intruder Alert to take a picture whenever a failed login occurs, can elect to store alerts in app, send via email, or both
- Light and Dark Mode available.
Store an existing device file:
- On vault screen, click the add button (bottom right), click "Create Folder"
- To create additional levels click into newly created folder, repeat prior step.
Create a new file:
- Long press a file, image, or video from another application. Click share, select File Locker. Please note that this COPIES the file into your vault, it does not MOVE the file. As such, you will have to delete the original unless you want multiple copies.
- Alternatively, on the vault screen click the middle button to browse your device's file system. There will be an option to delete the file from the device when uploading to the vault.
- On the vault screen, click the add button then select the type of file you would like to create. Current options are text, audio, video, image. You can either name your file now, or rename it after the fact.
- Enter email and password (password must be at least 8 characters). Confirm email to complete registration
- Optional MFA feature, provide and confirm your mobile number to receive 2FA OTP's prior to signing into the app. Enable in Settings
- Intruder detection feature: when enabled will take picture of person using device when credentials are entered incorrectly. Image can be stored on device, emailed, or both. Enable through Settings.
- Files are encrypted within the app so they can only be viewed internally.
- To suggest or rate us: Go to suggestions from menu> select the stars to rate us and write your suggestion>click submit.
This app is only intended for securing the data of the users using secured encryption. The user is sole responsible for any data loss. It's recommended to always keep a backup of your important data, File Locker is not liable for any data loss due to user's ill treatment of the app. User is requested to unlock all the files in case he/she intends to uninstall the app permanently. The locked files can only be opened or unlocked by this app and will be lost if the user's phone is formatted or the folder containing the locked files is deleted. Users are also requested to keep password protection ON in case the phone is used often by others.