German English Dictionary

Contains adsIn-app purchases
4.2
632 reviews
100K+
Downloads
Content rating
Everyone
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image
Screenshot image

About this app

Master German and English effortlessly with the German English Dictionary & Translator app! Free download and no Internet connection required.

The German English Dictionary is the perfect offline dictionary for English and German learning.
With over 200,000 words and phrases with examples, it is the most comprehensive German dictionary on the market.
You can add translations to your favorites and access them later offline.
You can also have text pronounced in both languages, to help you learn the pronunciation and how to speak German properly.
The German English Dictionary is the perfect app to learn German and to learn English.
This vocabulary builder will elevate your German and English language levels.

Features:

Over 200,000 words and phrases with examples
Blazing fast search in both languages
Offline access to translations
Abundant sentence examples
Add translations to favorites
Search for words or phrases
Tap on a word to show word meaning and synonyms
Word pronunciation in both German and English

Benefits:

- Explore German & English words instantly.
- Perfect your pronunciation with audio assistance.
- Access a wealth of definitions and examples.
- Learn contextually with in-depth word insights.
- Improve your German or English skills
- Learn German
- Learn English
- Learn new words and phrases
- Keep your vocabulary fresh
- Find the meaning of words and phrases
- Use the app offline

Download the German English Dictionary today and improve your language skills!
Updated on
Feb 4, 2024

Data safety

Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
This app may share these data types with third parties
Personal info and Device or other IDs
No data collected
Learn more about how developers declare collection
Data is encrypted in transit
Data can’t be deleted

Ratings and reviews

4.3
613 reviews
A Google user
March 4, 2019
I am a free user of the app for 4 months: Easy to use, many examples, many alternative translations, covers much much more than the basic vocabulary, user can type the english or the german word and the app will find it in both cases, provides the other basic forms of a word eg. plural form of the nouns or past tenses of the verbs etc. But most importantly, you can use it offline: LIFE SAVER Thank you for this tool and please don't change a thing just add more words.
22 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
CloudBit Ltd.
April 29, 2019
What a great review! Much appreciated!
A Google user
November 10, 2019
Very good app! Works perfectly offline, even for very obscure words; they come with sufficient example sentences for the med. to advanced learner (beginners might sometimes wish for more). You don't have to set from which language you want to search but searches both, which is very convenient as it gets it right in 99% of the cases. Only in the remaining 1% one sometimes wished one could set the language.
14 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
A Google user
May 21, 2019
I am new to German and simply wanted to make sure "the girl" is "das madchen" and not der or die but it comes up with everything but that. not good for learning German but good for looking up ONE SINGLE WORD at a time. I'll keep trying to use it and may keep it for offline emergencies when in Germany. Maybe I'll get used to it and come back to give a better rating but so far this isn't helping me. The google bar in my phone is much more helpful
13 people found this review helpful
Did you find this helpful?
CloudBit Ltd.
June 11, 2019
Hi, the search function is implemented in a way that you don't need an article (the or das). You just search for a word, i.e. girl and then in the search results you can see what is the correct article.

What's new

Crash fix