"Try before you buy" - Download the FREE App, which includes sample content. In-App purchase required to unlock all content.
Handy, user-friendly guide includes updated uses, dosage forms, warnings, side effects and adverse reactions, IV drug administration, nursing considerations, and much more. Organized alphabetically by generic drug name for quick reference, this book stands out from the others in guiding the nurse through the steps essential to quality patient care. New drug monographs cover 25 new FDA-approved medications!
- 1,000+ generic name drugs, encompassing 4,000+ trade name drugs, are organized alphabetically with A-to-Z tabs for quick and easy access.
- UNIQUE! Herbal information is included in the appendix & on the Evolve website, covering the interactions & effects of commonly encountered herbs.
- Detailed information for each drug includes side effects listed by frequency, and adverse effects and reactions requiring prompt intervention.
- Drugs by Disorder for easy reference, showing common disorders and the drugs most often used for treatment.
- Drug Classifications section features an overview of actions & uses for drug families.
- Black Box Alerts and High Alert drugs are highlighted to promote safe administration of drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm, & Do Not Confuse With warnings call out drug names that sound alike or look alike.
- Top 100 Drugs list identifies the most frequently administered drugs.
- Cross-references to the 400 top U.S. brand-name drugs are located throughout the book for easy access.
- List of newly approved medications makes it easy to locate the latest drugs.
- Nursing considerations are organized in a functional nursing process framework and include baseline assessment, intervention/evaluation, & patient/family teaching.
- Information on lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations covers special considerations for pediatric, geriatric, hepatic, & immune-or renal-compromised patients.
- Extensive IV content includes IV compatibilities/IV incompatibilities & breaks down key information on reconstitution, rate of administration, & storage.
- IV Compatibility Chart includes comprehensive compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- Fixed combinations are included in dosages of each combined drug directly within the individual monographs, to help students understand different drug dose options for specific diseases.
- Monographs for 100 of the most commonly used drugs, along with quarterly drug updates.
Please choose an auto renewable subscription plan to receive content access and continuous updates. Your subscription automatically renews as per your plan, so you always have the latest content.
6 months auto-renewing payments - $26.99
Yearly auto-renewing payments- $39.99
Payment will be charged to your Google Play Account at confirmation of purchase. Initial purchase includes a 1-year subscription with regular content updates. Your subscription will automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. If you do not choose to renew, you can continue to use the product but will not receive content updates. Subscription may be managed by the user and auto-renewal can be disabled at any time by going to Google Play Store. Tap Menu Subscriptions, then select the subscription you want to modify. Follow the instructions on the screen to pause, cancel or change your subscription. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
If you have any questions or comments, email us any time: email@example.com or call 508-299-3000
Terms and Conditions - https://www.skyscape.com/terms-of-service/licenseagreement.aspx
Author(s): Robert J. Kizior, Keith Hodgson