THIS APP IS FOR SCHOOL AND ORGANIZATIONAL USE:
Minecraft: Education Edition is a game-based platform that inspires creative, inclusive learning through play. Explore blocky worlds that unlock new ways to tackle any subject or challenge.
Designed to engage all learners, Minecraft: Education Edition provides lessons and fun challenges across subjects, from math and literacy to digital citizenship and sustainability. Get started today!
DISCOVER WORLD-CLASS CONTENT
- 700 standards-aligned lessons in in-game Library
- 200 hours of K-12 Computer Science curriculum
- 50 creative build challenges
- 10 how-to-play tutorials
SPARK A PASSION FOR LEARNING
Develop critical skills like problem solving, critical thinking, collaboration, and communication in the interactive game environment. Explore ancient civilizations, cell biology, outer space, and bring the periodic table to life with in-game Chemistry. Spark a passion for STEM and Computer Science.
SUPPORT INCLUSIVE EDUCATION
Engage students in meaningful learning and social-emotional development. Accessibility features like chat-to-text and Immersive Reader support different player needs. Learning content is available on culturally relevant topics like climate change and active citizenship.
- Multiplayer mode enables collaboration in-game across platforms, devices, and hybrid environments
- Camera and Book & Quill items allow documentation and export
- Immersive Reader helps players read and translate text
- Integration with Microsoft Teams and Flipgrid supports assessment and teacher controls
Minecraft: Education Edition licenses can be purchased separately by individuals with Office 365 Education, Office 365 Commercial, or Microsoft 365 Admin Center accounts. Talk to your teacher or IT administrator for information on academic licensing.