Supports easy keyboard switching - simply press and hold the space bar to display Android's keyboard switching dialog.
The main advantage TamilPad offers is that it doesn't require Internet connection. As you start typing the text is instantly converted into tamil in another view below english text.
Other features include:
* Allows saving the text to a file.
* Opening saved TamilPad text for re-editing.
* Allows sending the text via SMS and Email.
* The text can also be copied which can be later pasted wherever required.(Say for example, you want to add a new contact to phonebook with name in tamil.)
* Separate buttons are available at the top for each of these features.
தமிழ் --- tamizh
திருவண்ணாமலை --- tiruvaNNaamalai
சிறந்த நண்பர் --- ciRanta naNpar
The saved documents can be located in your external storage(or in your Internal storage on some devices) at: /Your_SD_Card/TamilPad folder.
The saved documents can be opened with any text editor of your choice. The same file opens perfectly on your laptop/desktop too. However if you want to update the file, you should open it in TamilPad.
One more thing to note here is that the folder also contains a "tmp" folder which contains some metadata of the files saved. So please make sure that the files under this folder is not deleted incase you want to edit the saved files later.
Regarding sending email, the first part of the text until an enter key press is treated as the email subject. And the remaining text goes as the email body.
Please Note: The app purely depends on the unicode support of your device. As you start typing in english, if you dont see corresponding tamil text being generated, then probably your device doesnt support unicode and sorry that TamilPad cannot be of any use to you.
The permissions read/write external storage are for opening/saving existing TamilPad documents. The other permissions are of course added to serve advertisements.
For comments/suggestions, please reach me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Emoji X: Flip up Space for emoji & smileys, 500+ extended emojis
• TouchPal Cloud
- Cloud Backup & Sync - Backup user words & input habit on Cloud and sync across devices
- Cloud Prediction – Enhance next word prediction and other prediction with TouchPal Cloud
- Word Trends –Update trending words, phrases and language model automatically
• TouchPal Wave - Sentence gesture, use simple gestures to input commonly used phrases/sentences
• TouchPal Curve® - Word gesture
• Sliding up or down gesture to input number or symbol
• Contextual prediction, • Save > 90% of keystrokes
• Learns your Tweets/messages/contacts to personalize candidate outputs
• Walkie-Talkie style voice input
• T+ dual-letter layout: Bigger keys than QWERTY
• Support more than 70 languages
• Toolbar plugins (Twitter plugin)
• Mixed language prediction
• Keyboard meter and speed statistics tracker
• Multiple themes available
• One-hand keyboard layout for large touchscreen
Install & activate
After installation, please launch the TouchPal from app list and follow the steps to activate TouchPal X.
HOW TO USE TOUCHPAL WAVE - SENTENCE GESTURE
Once you start entering a word, you can use TouchPal Wave™ to tap on the first correct prediction it makes, and then drag it down to the space bar. Words will dynamically emerge out of the keys, suggesting next possible words in your sentence. You can drag your finger from word to word, eventually entering an entire sentence in a matter of seconds.
• Read contacts
For importing contact name as user word. Can ONLY be enabled manually by user.
• Read text messages
For importing sent SMS text. Can ONLY be enabled mannually by user.
* TouchPal take your privacy seriously. All the personalization learning service will ONLY be enable by user.
Follow us on Twitter: @TouchPal
Fan us on Facebook: "TouchPal"
The good thing is it uses your english keyboard and automatically converts your english to Tamil.
In a way its Tamil Keyboard in your English Keyboard.
The words are converted to Tamil after hitting space. Maja Karo.
1. Write in Tamil using English Keyboard and use it like Tamil Keyboard
2. Copy the message to post it somewhere.
3. Share message on social network or on SMS
4. Store data features
Note : The App fonts are not supported in Sony Xperia and Micromax Canvas Series device
Coming soon with Notepad app to save notes in Tamil :-)
This is better than any Tamil IME Input Method Editor (IME)
1. Bigger Screen
2. New Dashboard
3. List for suggestions of words
4. English words allowed
Tamil Pride is part of Indian Pride group of Apps
Not only does it provide language support with 81 dictionaries, it also has 39 industry specific dictionary add ons including Legal, Finance, Medical & more, which makes it a perfect keyboard app for your Android device. You can get the industry specific dictionaries through an in app purchase after downloading the core Adaptxt keyboard app from this page.
Whether you’re a lawyer, IT professional, a doctor or simply a college going student, Adaptxt is for everyone.
# # # #
• 81 languages; up to 5 dictionaries can be enabled at once
• 3 different auto correction modes to suit your typing style for the most accurate text entry
• 39 efficient industry-specific dictionary add-ons: business, medicine, law, finance and IT & Telecom
• Keyboard Customization to create your own themes, swap keys, and modify key shape, font style, background picture, colors and height of your keyboard; Keyboard Customization can be purchased from the Adaptxt Store
• Automatic Text Replacement (ATR) to create custom shortcuts
• Clipboard functions - select, cut, copy, paste and navigation keys
• Learn from Facebook and Twitter to allow Adaptxt to adapt to your style and vocabulary
• Share Key to quickly post a message on your social networks from the keyboard.
• Phone keyboard layout (12 key)
• A range of vibrant keyboard themes available for purchase from the Adaptxt Store
• Glide Beta - slide over letters on the keyboard to form words
# # # #
• For issues/feature requests regarding Adaptxt Keyboard:
http://www.adaptxt.com/beta/support.html or email us at email@example.com
# # # #
Language dictionary add-ons:
• Arabic العربية
• English AU
• English UK
• English US
• French BE-Français
• French CA-Français
• French FR-Français
• French CH-Français
• Indonesian-Bahasa Indonesia
• Korean (beta)-한국어
• Malay-Bahasa Melayu
• Persian (Farsi)-فارسی
• Portuguese BR-Português
• Portuguese PT-Português
• Scottish Gaelic-Gàidhlig*
• Serbian Latin-Srpski
• Serbian Cyrillic-Српски
• SMS EN
• SMS BR
• Spanish ES-Español
• Spanish LA-Español
• Thai (beta)-ภาษาไทย
• Vietnamese-Tiếng Việt
*Developed by linguists through our open source community - OpenAdaptxt.
Supports: Android 2.1 and above; touch screen keyboard and hard keyboard phones.
Keyboard layouts: QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY and all supported languages.
We take your privacy very seriously. Adaptxt does not learn your password and never collects or sends your private data. This keyboard also provides a Private mode option which prevents it from learning what you type.
If you like this app, rate it ✮✮✮✮✮ on Google Play or like it on Facebook or Google+!
This keyboard is especially useful if you use ConnectBot for SSH access. It provides working Tab/Ctrl/Esc keys, and the arrow keys are essential for devices that don't have a trackball or D-Pad.
HAVE FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, OR BUG REPORTS? Please check https://code.google.com/p/hackerskeyboard/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions or email me. It's difficult to track issues reported through review comments.
Completion dictionaries are provided by plug-in packages, see the "other applications by this developer" section for the currently available list. The keyboard also supports use of dictionaries (but not keyboard layouts) provided by AnySoftKeyboard language packs.
For more information, please see the documentation:
In case an updated version is not working for you, you can download older releases here:
Known issues include:
- Localization for the keyboard layout is incomplete, currently the Spanish, Finnish, Lao, Romanian, and Thai are only localized in 4-row mode and show the English QWERTY layout in 5-row mode.
- Some languages and layouts may not be usable on your phone if it lacks the necessary fonts.
- Right-to-left languages (Arabic, Hebrew) are apparently not fully supported on pre-Honeycomb devices. Your mileage may vary.
- Many applications don't react to additional keys since they aren't programmed to handle them.
The supported keyboard layouts include:
- Armenian (Հայերեն)
- Arabic (العربية)
- Bulgarian (български език)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (dansk)
- English Dvorak (language "en_DV")
- English (QWERTY)
- English/British (en_GB)
- Finnish (Suomi)
- French (Français, AZERTY)
- German (Deutsch, QWERTZ)
- Greek (ελληνικά)
- Hebrew (עברית)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Lao (ພາສາລາວ)
- Norwegian (Norsk bokmål)
- Persian (فارسی)
- Portugese (Português)
- Romanian (Română)
- Russian (Русский)
- Russian phonetic (Русский, ru-rPH)
- Serbian (Српски)
- Slovak (Slovenčina)
- Slovenian (Slovenščina)/Bosnian/Croatian/Latin Serbian
- Spanish (Español, Español Latinoamérica)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Tamil (தமிழ்)
- Thai (ไทย)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (українська мова)
O for Omni
Super lightweight (~⅓MB) yet flexible and powerful. Plus an English plugin still less than 1MB. (Swype ~15MB, Minuum ~18MB, Google Keyboard ~15MB, Swiftkey ~8MB, TouchPal ~8.5MB)
- All in one, multilingual ( Cover >130 languages)
- Accurate gesture input (swipe)
- What a PC keyboard can do, you can do with this keyboard
- Gesture oriented (super fast to enter special symbols, words or sentences)
- Resizable and easy positioning. Fits all screen sizes (phone, phablet, tablet…)
- Unlimited themes with style and color mixing (mix your very own shade of pink or purple ).
- Better color Emoji ⚽👍🙋 for KitKat, smiley :-) , emoticon 😁, symbols ★☏♘⚄ , kaomoji (ง°▼°)ง feel free to create your own ԅ(ˆ。ˆԅ)
- Fun text transformation tool: ξχ๑тïς тεχт, ⓒⓘⓡⓒⓛⓔⓓ or ｗｉｄｅ.
- Calculator i.e. (4+5)-(6-3)=6
- Split, floating (for ssh terminal) or dock.
- Multiple layouts: QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, DVORAK… or design your own (DIY, Chubon, KALQ)
- 5-row or 4-row layouts
- Ultra customizable. The only one that let you design your own layout (DIY layout)
- Easy switch between languages, layouts, voice input, or even other keyboards.
- T9 prediction
- Flick or Multi-tap
- 日本語 romaji or Flick keyboard.
- 6 predefined layout for 한국어 (천지인, 나랏글, Flick…)
- Edit mode (lockable). You can select text, copy, cut and paste …
- Modern or retro (DIY)
- Colorful, pink, purple, neon or monochrome (Mix it yourself)
- Physical or Bluetooth keyboard (all keys can be remapped to the soft layout)
- No internet permission = safer
For color iOS 6 emoji, please install Emoji Codec 2
About the gesture input:
- The home brew "swipe" algorithm is very young, so don't expect it works exactly like Swype, Swiftkey flow or slideIT. I want to keep the algorithm simple and small.
- For long words, try not to swipe the whole word (You may append gesture).
- Make sharp corner for better prediction.
a.k.a The next generation of Multiling Keyboard, Tablet keyboard, DIY keyboard, emoji keyboard, Floating keyboard.(maybe conflict with paranoid)
Fula; Fulah; Pulaar; Pular
Scottish Gaelic; Gaelic
International Phonetic Alphabet
Haitian; Haitian Creole
Creek, Muskogee, Muscogee
Romanian, Moldavian, Moldovan
Sorbian, Wendish, Lusatian
Kayah Li (Karenni)
Myanmar (Now let you choose Zawgyi)
Velocity speeds up typing on a touchscreen or restricted keyboard by intelligently completing your words. It even predicts the next word. It keeps learning and adapting to your style, getting better and better as you use it, almost like reading your mind.
Velocity can be used in any application involving data entry. It supports soft as well as hard keyboards and is available in 50 languages from all over the world.
Try this amazing app for 30 days on us with this free trial. You will then be given an option to acquire a paid version of Velocity.
Privacy notice: After enabling Velocity, a message will appear that Velocity may be able to collect all the text you type, including passwords and credit card numbers. Please note that Velocity does not collect any personal data as mentioned above.
- Long key press of backspace (delete key) to delete entire word.
- Swipe Left/Right: To change the keyboard layout from alphabetic to numeric (123).
- Swipe Up: For case-sensitive languages swipe up to change case; For case-insensitive languages swipe up to change keyboard.
- Swipe Down: To close the keyboard.
- Long key press of 123 key to select settings and help option (typing tips for Indian languages).
- Long key press of space key to select change language. If Velocity has only 2 languages then the language will be changed automatically.
- Up,down,right,left navigational keys are added in Numeric (123) keyboard layout.
- In numeric keyboard, Short Press of HOME/END -> Begin/End of line & Long Press of HOME/END -> Begin/End of document.
- For custom font support, go to Velocity Settings → language Settings → Language List, select language and press on the 'font' button to download/enable the required font.
- Long press on Period (full stop) key will give additional symbol keyboard.
1. Custom font is limited only to the keyboard and during Full-screen editing. It will be ineffective once the keyboard is closed. However the text is still valid text even though it may appear as junk/blank in the application editor.
2. Joint characters in Indian languages will appear properly only if there is a adequate font rendering support provided by the device. For example Characters like KHSA, SHRA, TRA will appear joined only when the device font engine supports it. However the characters are still valid even though it may appear as disjoint in the editor.
If you have an issue with our app, please write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org describing it in detail so that we can help you.
Velocity 2.0 supports the following languages:
◇ Guobi Keyboard supports smart input for over 50 languages.
◇ With multiple keyboard designs for each language, you may choose the keyboard which suits you best.
◇ With its smart-learning features, your favourite words, phrases, sentences and other typing habits will be learnt when you type.
◇ Auto word correction intelligently covers you when you mistype.
◇ For fast entry of symbols or numbers, just press on the letter keys and slide upwards.
◇ Keyboard height adjusts automatically to your screen.
◇ No personal information, such as passwords, credit card numbers and other privacy information will be learnt.
The English Keyboard is provided free, but for other languages, you'll need to download the Keyboards individually, and some of them may require payment.
Albanian -- Shqipe
Arabic -- اللغة العربية
Bangla -- বাংলা
Basque -- Euskara
Belarusian -- Беларускі
Bulgarian -- български
Catalan -- Català
Danish -- Dansk
Dutch -- Netherlands
Estonian -- Eesti keel
Farsi -- فارسی
Filipino -- Tagalog
Finnish -- Suomi
French -- Français
German -- Deutsch
Greek -- Ελληνικά
Hebrew -- עברית
Hindi -- मानक हिन्दी
Hungarian -- Magyar
Icelandic -- Íslenska
Indonesian -- Bahasa Indonesia
Irish -- Gaeilge
Italian -- Italiano
Kannada -- ಕನ್ನಡ
Kyrgyz -- Кыргыз
Malay -- Bahasa Melayu
Mongolian -- Монгол хэл
Nepali -- नेपाली
Norwegian -- Norsk
Pashto -- پښتو
Polish -- Język polski
Portuguese Europe -- Português
Portuguese South America -- Português
Romanian -- Limba română
Russian -- Русский язык
Slovak -- Slovenčina
Slovenian -- Slovenščina
Spanish Europe -- Español
Spanish South America -- Español
Swahili -- Kiswahili
Tamil -- தமிழ்
Telugu -- తెలుగు
Thai -- ภาษาไทย
Turkish -- Türkçe
Ukrainian -- Українська
Uighur -- ئۇيغۇر يېزىقى
Urdu -- اُردو
Uzbek -- U'zbek
Vietnamese -- Tiếng Việt
The world's most popular Android Tamil Keyboard.
After posting a basic version of Ezhuthani ( Tamil Soft Keyboard for Android) and receiving an overwhelming response ( more 20000+ Downloads and encouraging feedback), our team decided to spend our quality time to develop to support Tamil99 Keyboard layout with our regular Ezhuthani keyboard ( A unique keyboard for naive users) and suggestion keywords support. We just come out with Ezhuthani Version 2 with Tamil99 and Ezhuthani Keyboard Layouts with full fledged Tamil Suggestion Keywords support with Tamil Reply Message Templates.
We will definitely add more features and more keyboard layouts in the future based on your feedback and encouragements. We tested on major Android phones and Tabs (version 2.2 and above). Use the keyboard layout the way you want, and leave your comment with changes and features you want in it.
Enable Ezhuthani (Tamil Keyboard)
Android Version 2.0 and above
Settings - Locale and Text - Select Ezhuthani (Tamil Keyboard).
Long press in a text box and select input method and then select Ezhuthani (Tamil Keyboard).
Android Version 3.0 and above
Settings - Language and input - Configure input methods - Enable Ezhuthani (Tamil Keyboard) - Go Back - Current input method - Select Ezhuthani (Tamil Keyboard)
Android Version 4.0 and above
Settings - Language and input - Enable Ezhuthani(Tamil Keyboard) - Select Default - Select Ezhuthani(Tamil Keyboard)
Mary Martin Team dedicated this product to the Tamil Community as a Free Android App. Please use and enjoy!
For HTC One Mobiles
1) To Make Input method as Ezhuthani Tamil Keyboard. Theoretically, you can use with any text-box ( SMS, Search or wherever the text-input requires), You can find a keyboard icon at top left of title bar, please click on that.
2) Choose an input method such as "Ezhuthani Keyboard."
Mary Martin Team!
Tags: Tamil Keyboard, Tamil Letters, Tamil Unicode, TAM99 keyboard, Tamil Text Input, Tamil Auto Suggestion Words, Tamil Reply Templates, Tamil SMS, Tamil Message, Tamil Dictionary, Tamil Fonts
English: vijay rajini kamal ajith suuriyaa
Tamil: விஜய் ரஜினி கமல் அஜித் சூரியா
Once you have typed you can share it via Twitter, Email and other supporting apps. You also can copy and paste it into any apps of your choice.
Keymap and live keymap support provided.
NOTE: Disable auto suggest/predictive text in keyboard setting to get accurate conversion.
You can make the tamil text posted in whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, SMS and Email. Easy to copy and paste and does not need to be online to type.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please Disable auto suggest/predictive text in keyboard setting to get accurate conversion.
If you see BOXES, your device does NOT support Tamil.
1. Goto Settings -> Language and Keyboards
2. Enable Just Tamil
3. Select “Input method” -> then JustTamil
Works only if
1. Tamil Font Installed
2. Device Complex Font Rendering.
Latest Indian firmwares supports these.
All Device above 4.0 Ice cream Sand-witch.
Report any issues or requests here or mail to email@example.com.
Tags: Kannada Hindi Telugu Tamil Malayalam Keyboard Android JustHindi JustKannada JustMalayalam AnysoftKeyboard Google Input MultiLing JustTamil Tamil
More from developer
It has prediction capability and provide suggestions on both the scripts.
You can type "Saya" and see "ساي" appear in Jawi. Alternatively, you can type "ساي" and see "saya" appear in Rumi.
It also includes English keyboard if you want to write a message in that language.
Prediction is available in all the keyboards.