Shatter the Silence Suicide mobile application is an excellent resource to learn more about preventing suicide. The application includes information about risk factors, warning signs, helpful and unhelpful things to say and a variety of resources available to yourself, or someone you know, who may be at risk or contemplating suicide. The application features encouraging messages of support and hope, and quick access to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline which has trained counselors available to help 24/7 to help those in need.
Features of the app include:
• Education about warning signs that people who care contemplating suicide may display
• Risk factors that can contribute to thoughts of suicide
• Educational facts about suicide
• How to help yourself or someone else
• What not to do when yourself or someone else is thinking about suicide