*** DSLR Controller is NOT compatible with all devices! For a free app you can use to test compatibility, see the "Remote Release" app ( http://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.remoterelease ) ***
*** PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION ***
*** BAD/CHEAP/LONG CABLES WILL CAUSE FREEZES AND ERRORS ***
We strongly suggest you read up on the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) about what DSLR Controller can do, how it works, and how to use it, before purchasing. The website contains a wealth of information you should know before using. Be sure to read the FAQ!
If you need a refund, go to our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ). We cannot process refunds through email.
Usage notes, feature lists, device compat. list, changelogs, FAQs, can all be found on our website: http://dslrcontroller.com/
Most questions should go to the support and discussion thread at XDA-Developers.com:
Features include but are not limited to:
- Live View
- Auto Focus (tap Live View)
- Manual focus adjustments (in AF mode)
- Zoom control
- Grid and aspect ratio overlay
- Bulb capture
- Continuous capture
- Image review (+ follow shot, gallery)
- Image filters (peaking, contrast, channel mask, grayscale, 4 modes/filter)
- Video recording
- HDR/Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Focus Bracketing (incl. HDR)
- Focus A-B
- Mirror Lockup support
- Timelapse (incl. HDR)
- Wi-Fi Passthrough
- Extensive modification of settings
-- Shutter speed
-- ExpComp and Bracket
-- ISO speed
-- Auto-Focus Mode
-- Focus and Zoom area (tap-and-hold Live View)
-- Picture Style
-- Drive Mode
-- White Balance
-- Color Temperature
-- Auto-Lighting Optimizer
-- Metering Mode
-- Image and video quality and format
Available options depend on the mode you have your camera set to (M, Av, Tv, etc) and camera model. Refer to the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) for further details.
If you are connecting using Wi-Fi, virtually all 1ghz+ Android devices are supported (your camera needs Wi-Fi support, though). If you are connecting over USB, your device needs USB host support. Compatibility listed below is based on USB support. Most unlisted but recent devices will be compatible, but not all.
A more extensive and detailed list is available at our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) on the devices page. We always welcome information on devices that are not listed on our page.
For most devices you need a USB host ("OTG") cable, for some you need a special adapter. Not all devices are supported on all firmware versions. See the devices page on our web site for further details on both.
Supported popular Android devices (USB)
- Nexus: Galaxy, 7, 7 2013, 10
- Samsung: S2 (4.0+), S3, S4 (4.3+)
- Samsung: Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8, Note 10.1, Note 10.1 2014
- Samsung: Tab 8.9", Tab 10.1", Tab 2 7", Tab 2 10", Tab 3 7"
- HTC: One X (4.1+), One X+ (4.1)+, One (4.3+)
*Not* supported popular Android devices
- Nexus: 4
- Samsung: Low end devices, Mini series
- HTC: Anything before HTC One X
Some of these can be made to work with some hackery (root, custom kernels - not supported), but don't work out-of-the-box.
Supported Canon EOS models:
- Full support: 1D mk IV, 5D mk II, 5D mk III, 50D, 550D, 6D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 7D, 70D, 700D, 750D, 1100D
- Limited support: 1D mk III, 1Ds mk III, 30D, 40D, 400D, 450D, 1000D
- No support: older models
Let us know which hardware you are using with DSLR Controller!
This app is compatible with the ML-L3 remote control from Nikon (see supported cameras below).
Your device must be equipped with an Infrared Transmitter. Most smart phones are. Also, you need to activate the remote shutter release option in your camera's menu. Some cameras have this option turned off by default.
Looking for a SMART remote control? Try the "SIRC" app.
Supported Nikon DSLR Cameras:
D3000, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D7000, D7100
D600, D610, D750
D40, D40X, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90
Nikon 1 V1, V2, V3, J1, J2
Coolpix A, P7000, P7100, P7700, P7800
Please report any issues to support further development. We appreciate any suggestions.
This app is not a Nikon official app. The developer is not affiliated with Nikon or other camera manufacturer.
Whether via infrared, by wire or via Bluetooth, DSLR Remote enables you to take timer controlled exposure series (e.g. for time lapse), long time exposures or exposure sequences in the context of High Dynamik Range photography. If you are not using a device with a supported built-in IR sender (see below) all you need is a small, inexpensive and easy to build hardware, which is then connected to the ear phone jack of your smartphone (and a commercially available Bluetooth stereo headset if you want remote control via Bluetooth). You will find detailed instructions on how to build the required hardware on the authors website (http://bitshift.bplaced.net).
Possible functions (among others) are:
1. Simple Remote control
2. Delayed Shots
3. Series of shots with fixed interval (e.g for time lapse)
4. Bulb exposures
5. Combinations from 2., 3. and 4.
6. High-Dynamic-Range-Sequences (HDR)
7. Time controlled HDR-Sequences (Combination of Timer and HDR)
8. Triggering of shots or start of Timer or HDR sequences by the ambient light sensor on your smartphone (keyword: light barrier)
9. Triggering of shots or start of Timer or HDR sequences by the internal or an external microphone
In various models Canon seems to limit the precision of the bulb mode to one second. So HDR exposures below 1 second and/or with a fraction of a second (as 1.5 sec) are rounded to the full second. DSLR Remote can't do anything about that! Reported models so far: 400D, 500D, 550D, 5D II.
Using a built-in IR sender:
DSLR Remote should work with the built-in IR sender of the followig devices (don't forget to choose the right camera brand and to switch your camera into remote mode):
- All Samsung devices with built-in IR sender
There seems to be a bug in some/all Samsung devices: in power saving mode the IR blaster doesn't work correctly! So, make sure to switch your device into normal (non-power saving) mode before using DSLR Remote.
- All HTC devices with built-in IR sender
For the time being only the LG G3 is supported by the LG QRemote API including sending raw IR data (see: http://developer.lge.com/MOBILE_HELP/topic/lge.mobilesdk.LGQRemote.api/html/Introduction/Introduction/Supported%20Devices.htm ).
Unfortunately, doesn't the Sony native IR API provide the feature needed by any remote app like DSLR Remote, as is deploying its own IR codes as data with the app. The only thing possible in the API is using codes learned from physical remotes or codes supplied with the phone/tablet. If your device doesn't run Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat) or Kitkat can not support the built-in IR hardware of your device for the above mentioned reason, please use a IR dongle or cable release hardware as described on the DSLR Remote website.
With integration of the Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat) IR API DSLR Remote should work with all devices with a built-in IR Blaster supported by the Kitkat IR API.
Using DSLR Remote hardware:
Caution: a few smartphone types do not output high enough volume on their ear phone jack to make the infrared harware work properly. In addition a few camera types (e.g. Canon EOS 550D) are still not properly controlled remotely via the infrared receiver. In that case you might want to choose the cable control (transistors) instead.
Supported camera brands when using as an infrared remote:
Canon, Fuji, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax and Sony
If it doesn't work for you, feel free to contact the author, instead of voting one star. Contact informations are given below and on the authors website (http://bitshift.bplaced.net).
You need an USB OTG cable for connecting your camera to your phone.
Not all phones/tablets are compatible. You need at least 4.x Android or higher with USB host support.
For more information check:
Instant Guide to DslrDashboard by Dmitri Popov:
This app is free with no ads so please don't add negative comments just because you ROM don't have the required USB support.
And no it's not only the kernel that needs to have USB support but your Android to. Some of Android 2.3.x have the required USB support but not all, so before you give a negative comment at least check if your ROM supports USB devices (USB accessory support is not enough)
Constructive comments are welcome.
Change camera properties,
Browse images on camera,
Transfer images from camera to Android device,
Preview images (jpg and raw),
Live view histogram,
Manual focus movement while in live view,
Start movie recording (only on camera models that support it),
Custom bracketing (up to 9 images),
Time-lapse (simple and advanced with control file and ability to move focus and send commands to Arduino),
Sound initiated capture (with spectral display and frequency/intensity selector,
Nikon flash commander dialog (CLS) for easy settings (only on camera models that support it),
Custom profiles for camera properties, custom bracketing, focus stacking, flash commander
Remote control over wireless network (Android devices must be on same network)
Support for WU-1a/1b adapter (PTP/IP)
LRTimelapse help screen - read more about it at https://code.google.com/p/dslrdashboard/wiki/lrtimelapse
Le fotografie condivise dagli autori, attraverso le azioni dei visitatori del sito ricevono un punteggio che tiene in considerazione diversi parametri di gradimento.
Attraverso questa APP abbiamo il piacere di condividere le migliori opere di ogni autore il tutto corredato da dati di scatto, dati sul dispositivo utilizzato e dall'opportunità di commentare e colloquiare con il fotografo.
This tutorial provides:
- Instructional video on all aspects of camera and photography.
- On the go video playback. No WIFI required after initial install for watching in the field.
- Introduction to the Nikon D7100
- Nikon D7100 Camera Tour
- Camera Tour: Top of Camera
- Camera Tour: Sides of Camera
- Camera Tour: Back of Camera
- Image Quality & Size
- Metering, Exposure & Release Modes
- Shooting Modes & Exposure
- Release Modes
- Live View & Movie Mode
- Live View Controls & Displays
- Recording Movies
- Playback & Displays
- Basic Playback
- Playback Displays
- Retouching Images In-Camera
- Focus Modes & Image Sharpness
- Autofocus Modes
- Autofocus Area Modes
- Focus Mode Scenarios
- Other Factors of Focus
- Menu System
- Playback Menu
- Shooting Menu
- Setup Menu
- Controlling Color & Tone
- Picture Controls
- Active D Lighting
- Using the Built-In Flash
This training content was produced by QuickPro, LLC. This product is not sponsored by Nikon, Corp. or its subsidiaries. Nikon Product Names and terminology are trademarks of Nikon, Corp.
!!! WORKS ONLY WITH AN EXTERNAL DIY BLUETOOTH MODULE !!!
Control your camera from your Phone or tablet.
- White balance preset (AWB, Sun, shade, cloud, ...)
- Modify WB color temperature in manual WB (Only for Nikon)
- Exposure compensation
- Take photo (stored on the DSLR)
- See your battery level
- See Focal used (only for Nikon)
- See Mode (Manual, Aperture priority, ...)
- See the exposure level (Only for Nikon, same as exposure meter of your DSLR)
This application only works with a Hardware module (DIY), easy to build.
This module is designed for works whith Smartphone and the "Photographer Tools" project.
It commnunicate with Smartphone or tablet in BlueTooth.
You can see all informations at:
Rating and Reviews:
To give a constructive score
it is best to leave a comment.
How to judge an application, positively or negatively,
who works only with an external module that you have not build?
How can you destroy a several months with a negative rating (score):
- Without actually test the application with its external Bluetooth module?
- Without leaving a constructive review?
Thanks to leave a comment when you leave a star rating.
You can view all the lenses at once or you can view lenses in a selected category. You have the ability to sort by aperture, minimum focal length and ESP (Estimated Retail Price).
Each lens has a detail page which provides links to the Nikon web page detailing the lens, reviews of the lens from third parties (if available - brand new lenses might not have reviews yet) and where to rent the lens (United States only).
USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket!
- Wi-Fi support (Nikon WT and Canon WFT modules, Canon 6D, Nikon D7100 etc.)
- Automated focus bracketing (focus bracketing, exposure bracketing and time lapse shooting can be combined in any way possible)
- Focus stacking result preview
- Extra long exposures - up to 32 min (all Canon cameras, Nikon D750 / Df / D600 / D610 / D800 / D810 / D4 / D4s / D7100 / D5200 / D5300)
- Advanced exposure bracketing
- Image review
- Geotagging (on devices with GPS receiver)
- Full screen Live View
- Focus areas highlighting
- Live View noise averaging
- Time lapse shooting
- Video recording
- Burst (continuous) shooting
- Hyper focal distance and DOF calculator
- Live histogram (gray/RGB)
Please see more information at http://heliconsoft.com/heliconremote.html about desktop version of Helicon Remote
- Android 3.1+
- USB host (USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket). Note that some Android devices have limited USB support. Those will not detect cameras, even if they detect other devices like USB sticks or mice successfully
- Touch screen
Note: Motorola Droid phones need externally powered USB hub/dock station. Many HTC devices don't seem to have USB host at all.
Canon: 1200D / T5 / Kiss X70, 70D, 100D / SL1 / Kiss X7, 700D / T5i / Kiss X7i, 6D, 5D Mk III, 1D X, 7D, 5D Mk II, 1D Mk IV, 1D Mk III, 1Ds Mk III, 60D, 50D, 40D, 650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6, 600D / Rebel T3i / Kiss X5, 1100D / Rebel T3 / Kiss X50, 1000D / Rebel XS / Kiss F, 550D / Rebel T2i / Kiss X4, 500D / Rebel T1i / Kiss X3, 450D / Rebel XSi / Kiss X2
Nikon: D750, D810, D4s, Df, D610, D5300, D600, D7100, D5200, D800/D800e, D4, D3, D3s, D3x, D7000, D5000, D5100, D700, D300/D300s, D90 (D3000, D3100 and D3200 are not supported).
Video recording: Nikon D5100 / D5200 / D5300 / D7000 / D7100 / D800 / D810 / D600 / D610 / D750 / D4 / D4s, Canon 1d Mk IV / 5D Mk II / 5D Mk III / 7D / 60D / 70D / 500D / 550D / 1100D / 600D / 650D / 700D / 6D / 1200D
Limitations: free (unregistered) version does not allow to shoot in RAW format. A license can be purchased from http://heliconsoft.com or via menu/Register button from within Helicon Remote.
Because all cameras and lens yield a very different picture quality at different apertures, ISO speeds or focal lengths, all these Exif parameters can be viewed to help you learn to take good photos.
+ Filter Flickr photos by selecting different Nikon Digital-SLRs camera model.
+ Sort results by relevance,interestingness or date.
+ View detailed Exif info. like ISO speeds, aperture, shutter speed etc..
+ Zoom in / out of picture.
+ search on photo tags (keywords).
***FREE NIKON PRO WILD – NATURE SPECIAL EDITION: DOWNLOAD NOW!***
Packed with news and features that matter to the professional photographer, Nikon Pro is the ideal companion for everyone serious about their photography. As well as the latest Nikon product news, stunning imagery and the stories behind them, Nikon Pro offers an inside look at the things that matter in the photography industry. We have location reports from ‘must see’ photography destinations worldwide, , insight from industry specialists, and unusual techniques explained by experts.
Each issue features three assignment stories about leading photographers at work and what they use, and we look at the important issues being discussed at the heart of the industry.
‘The Nikon Pro tablet edition enables enthusiasts worldwide to enjoy great images and movies as if they were their own, in glorious full screen resolution. Based upon the award winning Nikon Pro magazine distributed free to over 70,000 European professionals for almost 20 years? The tablet version is designed as the ideal alternative to the printed version. The tablet edition contains all the content of its printed counterpart but includes extra features, stories, movies and images
It’s our desire to keep photographers totally briefed on what matters whilst inspiring them with fantastic images and video, along side insightful industry knowledge and engaging stories Our mission statement is the same as everything Nikon; We’re here at the heart of the image.
The Nikon Pro tablet edition is easy to navigate and renders all imagery in full screen with a simple tap. . An active internet connection is only required during download and to click through to external links.
Once downloaded it can be enjoyed offline anywhere, anytime.
Nikon Pro is published 3 times a year.
in April, September and December.
The Nikon Pro app is your gateway to new and past issues that are available individually for £1.99/€2.69 or via Newstand subscription for £5.49 (local currencies apply).
Payment will be charged to your Google Play account upon purchase. The subscription will auto-renew within 24 hours of expiring.
Auto-renewing subscriptions can be managed via Account Settings allowing them to be turned off. No cancellations of the current subscription are allowed during the active subscription period.
Your subscription will run for one year from the day you subscribe. You will receive the three issues that fall in that 12 month period, All previous issues that fall outside your subscription window are available to purchase as single issues.
*This app requires an Eye-Fi ProX2 card. Eyefi Mobi card users should download the Eyefi Mobi app.*
When quality photographs are needed, you reach for your digital camera. Smartphones fall short for life’s most precious moments - these require zooming, high-speed shooting, low light and other features that make digital cameras superior. With an Eye-Fi ProX2 wireless SDHC memory card, you can quickly and easily turn the camera you already own and love into a top quality WiFi camera and showcase your best shots while streamlining your workflow. Use your favorite apps like Facebook, Instagram, Pixlr, and Snapchat to share instantly, and top editing tools to enhance and edit your best shots.
When paired with the Eye-Fi Android app, the Eye-Fi card transfers photos & videos directly to your iOS camera roll, whenever new content is detected. No network or hotspot is required. Eye-Fi creates its own WiFi network so it works anywhere you are. Once the transfer completes, the card disconnects its WiFi to preserve battery life.
Eye-Fi ProX2 features:
• Instant transfer to your Android device
• Instant transfer to your Windows or Mac computer over a home WiFi network
• Class 10 speed for ultra-fast high speed performance
• Compatible with thousands of cameras (check at www.eye.fi/cameras)
• Uploads what you shoot (jpeg, RAW + many video formats)
• 8GB or 16 GB capacity
First, you will need to activate & set up your ProX2 card using Eye-Fi Center software on your Windows or Mac computer. After launching the Eye-Fi app, tap the sign in link at the bottom of the screen and enter your new Eye-Fi account credentials.
To learn more and buy an Eye-Fi SDHC wireless memory card, visit us at www.eyefi.com
As you view live images from the camera in EOS Remote, you can remotely set the focus, adjust shooting values, and release the shutter.
You can also browse images on the camera's memory card, select images, and save them to your device.
Take EOS Remote along with your camera to enjoy photography in more ways.
- Access Wi-Fi–equipped EOS cameras wirelessly over a local network connection.
- Remotely adjust shooting values on EOS cameras: Av, Tv, ISO, and exposure values.
- Remotely select AF point positions, adjust focus, and release the shutter.
- Remotely browse, delete, and rate still images and movies shot with EOS cameras.
- Save images shot with EOS cameras to your device.
- Share images for which device-specific remote viewing restrictions have been configured on EOS cameras.
- Establish a direct connection with EOS cameras in Camera access point mode, in addition to Infrastructure mode connections.
New functions for version 1.3.0
- Support for new camera model EOS M3.
- Support for importing MP4 movies. (EOS M3 only)
- Support for Android terminals with NFC. (EOS M3 only)
- Support for saving original-size JPEG images.
- Improved camera setting function for remote shooting.
Canon EOS digital cameras
- EOS 6D (WG)/(W) , EOS 70D (W),EOS M2(W),EOS M3
Requires Android OS
- Android OS smartphone 2.3.3－2.3.7/4.0－5.0
- Android OS tablet 4.0－5.0
-Android OS smartphone/Android OS tablet
Supported File Formats
- JPEG, RAW, and MOV,MP4 files shot with compatible cameras
- MOV files shot with compatible cameras cannot be saved to your device.
- Compatible cameras cannot be accessed from multiple devices at once.
- Remote capture of movies is not supported.
The first of its kind, no other computers or Internet needed! Just connect your camera to the CamRanger and then control wirelessly from your Android device, or optionally take photos from the camera with the photos transmitted to the Android device.
Loaded with features:
View and set parameters (ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed, White Balance, Focus Mode, Capture Mode, etc)
Live View touch focusing and focus adjustments
View 100% resolution images with meta data including histogram (supports JPG)
Movie Recording and focusing
Intervalometer (Time Lapse)
Download images to Android device
Client mode (take pictures from camera and client views on Android device)
Officially Supported Cameras:
Canon: Xsi, T1i, T2i, T3i, T4i, T5i, SL1, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 7D, 7D II, 6D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 1DS Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1Dx
Nikon: D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D90, D7000, D7100, D300, D300S, D700, D750, D600, D610, D800, D800E, D810, D3, D3s, D3x, D4, Df
Not all cameras support all features, and supporting additional cameras is coming soon. See www.CamRanger.com for more detailed information.
The Wi-Fi SD card can operate in two modes: Direct Share Mode activates the dedicated wireless signal of the Wi-Fi SD card to create a dedicated wireless connection between the camera and your Android devices in any location. Internet Mode connects the Wi-Fi SD card to a nearby Internet hotspot or the personal hotspot function of your Android device, allowing you to browse and download media before emailing to friends or uploading to popular photo sharing websites.
• Instantly share photos and videos wirelessly
• View photos (JPG / BMP / PNG)
• Playback videos (AVI / MOV / MP4 / M2T / MTS / M2TS)
• Shoot & View and auto save photo on your Android devices
• Up to 3 devices can access content from the Wi-Fi SD card at the same time
• Instantly switch connection mode
• Support EXIF information
• Share photos by Facebook / Twitter / Flickr / Sina Weibo and more installed App*
* Depend on Apps installed in device
If your device can't connect to Wi-Fi SD or show WIFISD "Internet not available",
please go Settings > Wi-Fi > Press Menu Key > Advanced > Turn off "Auto network switch", and connect to WIFISD again.
-View the scene through the camera lens live in the app window.
-Establish a wireless connection and take pictures with the camera or remotely from the Android device (see note).
-Download new pictures automatically.
-View existing pictures remotely and download selected photos.
-Pass photos to other apps via the OS "Share" intent and share them hassle-free.
-Add location data from the smart device to pictures during upload.
-Control optical zoom on COOLPIX cameras (see note).
-Use the camera to select pictures for download before connecting (see note).
-If both the camera and smart device support NFC, touching the device to the camera automatically launches the app for a hassle-free connection (see note).
-Take pictures with the self-timer.
-Synchronize the camera clock with the smart device.
-Note: The features available vary with the camera. See the camera manual or the link below for details.
-The app may not recognize photos taken with non-supported cameras.
-The app can not be used for remote movie recording. It can be used to download movies from compatible cameras (COOLPIX S6900 and S3700 excluded) but not to play them back.
-The photo and movie portions of Motion Snapshots are treated as separate files.
-Only one camera can be connected at a time.
-Enable NFC on the smart device before using it to launch the app and connect to the camera.
-Performance varies with network and local conditions.
-The app may not function as expected when installed on devices that have not been tested and approved for use.
-A display with a resolution of at least 800 by 480 pixels (WVGA) is required.
For more information, see the app manual, which can be downloaded from the following URL:
Before using the app, download and read the End User License Agreement, available at the following URL:
•Supported Digital Cameras (As of March 2015)
Requires a camera with built-in wireless LAN or support for the WU-1a/b wireless mobile adapter.
The S800c and S810c are not supported.
D610, D600, D750, D7200, D7100, D3300, D3200, D5500, D5300, D5200, Df
Nikon 1 V3, V2, J4, J3, S2, S1, AW1
COOLPIX S7000, S6900, S6800, S6600, S6500, S9900(s), S9700(s), S9600, S9500, S5300, S5200, S3700, L840, P520, P330, P7800, P900(s), P610(s), P600, P530, P340, COOLPIX A, AW130(s), AW120(s), AW110, AW110s,
Smart Device System Requirements
Android 4.0 to 5.0
A smart device with support for GPS.
•Supported Devices (As of January 2015)
The following smartphones are supported (Android version):
Galaxy S5 (4.4.2), S4 (4.4.2), S3α (4.3), S2 (4.0.3)
Galaxy note 3 (4.4.2)
Nexus 9 (5.0.1)
Nexus 7 2013 LTE (4.4.4), 2012 Wi-Fi (4.4.4)
Nexus 6 (5.0.1)
Nexus 5 (5.0.1)
Nexus 4 (4.4.4)
Sony Mobile Communications Xperia Z3 (4.4.4)
LG Electronics G2 (4.2.2)
HTC J One (4.4.2)
HUAWEI Ascend P7 (4.4.2)
Android, Google Play, and related logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trade names mentioned in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
The Nikon Manual Viewer 2 app is used to download and view manuals for Nikon SLR cameras. Downloading the manual for your camera lets you access the instructions at any time, on line or off.
Manuals can only be downloaded online. A Wi-Fi connection is recommended for downloads over 10 MB. Depending on network conditions, download may take over 10 minutes.
■Using the Viewer
Tapping a manual in the library launches the viewer. Links are indicated by colored text: tapping a colored word or number takes you to the linked page.
*Android 2.3.3 or later recommended.
- A flat design and simple operations that improve photos
The design and the user interface have been revamped so that users can better enjoy viewing photos than ever before. A flat design and intuitive operations have been introduced to improve photos.
- Three views make it easier to browse and search your photos
The software provides three different types of thumbnail views to help you find your favorites while comfortably viewing photos.
- Grid View: Allows you to view all stored photos at a glance. Recommended when browsing many photos at one time.
- Flow View: Just flick up or down to view photos as if they were flowing. Good for viewing photos sequentially.
- Map View: The locations where the photos were taken are indicated on a map together with the photos. It is helpful for browsing your photos by places where the photos were taken.
- Photos and albums, and the people they've been shared with are now clear at a glance.
The app now displays whom each photo or album has been shared with. It is also easy to cancel sharing.
- Photos in a smart device are accessible without signup
You can now instantly view photos stored on a smart device without signing up or logging in to "NIKON IMAGE SPACE."
- Both photos uploaded to "NIKON IMAGE SPACE" and those stored on the device may be viewed.
- Switch between the three views to enjoy viewing photos in a form suited to your preferences.
- Photos can be viewed by sorting them, for example, by shooting date or camera model.
- Photos can be rearranged into an easy-to-understand organization with the use of albums and boxes.
- Photos can be rearranged simply by performing drag-and-drop operations of their thumbnails.
- The background processing feature allows the app to be operated while the upload or download process is underway.
- The photos you want shared can be shared with the intended people by sending a URL.
- The app allows you to post photos on Facebook or Twitter.
- Access to all functions requires a signup with "NIKON IMAGE SPACE." Signup is free of change.
Android 4.0 and later
- Android and Google Play are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
- Other names of products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
The Nikon Photo Contest, has been held by Nikon Corporation since 1969 to provide an opportunity for photographers around the world, is to nurture an aspirational community that supports photographers and filmmakers who wish to share important stories and influence the way people think through images. For Nikon, with our pledge to be "at the heart of the image", this is a great opportunity to champion new forms of image making, adapting to and embracing these exciting changes in the way people express their passions and beliefs through imagery.
So, just as photography is changing, the 35th Nikon Photo Contest is changing as well. This year for the first time, all categories in photography and video will accept entries from any digital device, including smartphones. The video category will broaden its accepted length to six to 180 seconds, and will have an independent set of judges. This app is to submit the works that are shot by smartphones for the Nikon Photo Contest 2014-2015 during the entry period and to see the entries after the entry period.
‒ Connects an Android device to a Nikon COOLPIX S800c digital camera via Wi-Fi®.
‒ Enables thumbnail display of photos in the Nikon COOLPIX S800c digital camera.
‒ Enables transfer (copying) of photos from the Nikon COOLPIX S800c digital camera to the Android device.
‒ Facilitates initial setup for communicating with Upload to smart device application inside the camera. Subsequent connections are automatic.
‒ As well as transferring photos at their original size, Connect to S800c enables reducing images to either 2-megapixel or VGA size for transfer.
‒ Connect to S800c is only for use with the Nikon COOLPIX S800c digital camera.
‒ Video files can also be transferred; however, for playback the Android device must meet certain specification criteria.
‒ Images cannot be transferred via USB cable.
‒ It is recommended that the Android device has a memory card installed.
‒ If a PIN-entry dialog is not displayed in easy connection mode, retry after using the S800c SSID to connect via the smart device Wi-Fi settings dialog.
‒ Under certain conditions, Connect to S800c may not run or operation may be unstable even with a compatible version of the operating system.
‒ Minimum display resolution is WVGA (800 x 480 pixels).
‒ Transfer speed may vary depending on the type of device and the surrounding environment.
‒ Compliance with wireless regulations means that photos may be transferred over distances no greater than 10 to 15 meters. Transfer range may be reduced by poor signal conditions and objects that interfere with transmission.
‒ Do not use this software on aircraft or in hospitals, etc., where wireless communications are restricted.
■ Compatible with Android versions 2.3, 3.0, 4.1 to 4.3
A smart device refers to smartphone or tablet running Android OS.
‒ Android, the Google Play logo, and Google Play are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google, Inc.
‒ Products and brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.