You are driving when you see a homeless person on the side of the road. You want to help. You reach for your phone and open the OurCalling Homeless Service app. You click on “Identify” and quickly snap a picture, notifying outreach workers who will follow up with the individual. You want to do more, so you engage in conversation and begin helping the person by using the app and sharing what local services are available. Before you know it, you have just helped a complete stranger take a step in the right direction.
Through the OurCalling Homeless Service app you are able to search for resources in every city throughout the country. Looking for the closest shelter, food pantry, domestic violence center or addiction recovery resource? This app will guide you.
This app is funded by donations from people like you and helps homeless individuals all across the country. Click on the “Donate” button in the app and make an immediate impact.
The data in this app is crowdsourced - Help more people by using the “Submit” feature to add a new resource.
• Gain access to the largest database of service providers for the homeless.
• Search in any city and numerous categories (shelter, domestic violence, medical clinic, food pantry, rehab, etc...)
• View listings on a map or sort the list by distance from your current location.
· Share resource information to pass on a referral.
· Offline access for services when you mark them as Favorite.
• Report updates on resources in your area.
• Report a homeless camp location.
• Reporting for camp locations in Dallas, TX will be visited by OurCalling's Search and Rescue teams.