Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
* Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 speed timings - more accurate than just using plain old GPS - see how fast your car is (or truck )
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay - a black box for your car/truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
* Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice reader
* Heads up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS Based) that won't suffer magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking and realtime web upload capability - see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
* Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for 'OBD2' on written on a big white label in your engine bay
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others
The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters are supported - search on google for them
More features added every release - there are forums at http://torque-bhp.com/forums/ - if you want something added then let me know and I'll try to add it if it is possible! Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported
*PLEASE NOTE* Any reports of hanging or reboots after quitting the app is due to a bug in HTC devices and Galaxy Tab,this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Other BT apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix.Please contact their support and request a fix,Thanks!
An OBD II engine ECU diagnostics tool that uses a cheap bluetooth ELM / OBD adapter to connect to your car OBD2 engine management system
Some features include:
* Shows and Resets engine fault codes / DTC trouble codes stored in your car
* Can export map/track log files to Google Earth KML / CSV
* Engine performance data(0 to 60, 0-100, quarter mile, etc) (full version)
* Head up Display / GPS HUD mode perfect for checking your speed at night
* Data Logging functions including web upload and file logging, you can even upload data to your own web server from sensors you choose
* Customisable dashboard with theme support - setup the dashboard with the gauges and dials that you want
* Can help you fix your car and helps keep car repair costs down!
* Turbo Boost gauge support for VW vehicles (in Pro version only)
* MPG for Petrol/Gasoline vehicles. (Pro version has diesel support)
This is the free/basic version - it lets you get a feel for the application and lets you find out if it works with your vehicle / obd2 adapter combination; but may contain some small bugs including not working on some nissan/chrysler/subaru ECUs. The paid version has support for more vehicles and ECU types, looks a lot nicer, and works with more cars / trucks
The paid version has more features (HorsePower,Torque, 0-60 , quarter mile tests, graph data, map / track views) + no adverts and exra dial/display types! and better ABS / Knock sensor support, Transmission temperature support for some makes of car / trucks (GM / Ford, etc), and Turbo Boost on many more vehicles (including VW)
Works on vehicles made by Ford, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Daewoo, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac, Subaru and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others.
**PLEASE NOTE!** Any reports of hanging or freezing after quitting the app is due to a bug in the HTC Evo 4G and Galaxy Tab, this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Aldiko bluetooth enabled apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix. Please contact their support and encourage them to fix, Thanks!
The pro version supports USB ELM adapters which are use 'Prolific' or 'FTDI' chips
* Update: A freeze/hang workaround has been found after a great amount of effort and is available in the full version in the General Preferences settings!
- OBDLink LX Bluetooth
- OBDLink MX Bluetooth
- OBDLink Bluetooth
- OBDLink MX Wi-Fi
- OBDLink WiFi
- OBDLink SX USB (with Android 3.1 or newer)
***The app will NOT work with any other brand of OBD adapter.***
Turn your phone or tablet into a full-fledged diagnostic scan tool: read diagnostic trouble codes, clear the "Check Engine" light, check emissions readiness, estimate fuel economy and much more!
- Check and clear diagnostic trouble codes
- Read freeze frame data
- Display real-time data (over 90 parameters!)
- Customizable dashboards
- Emissions readiness for each US state
- Fuel economy MPG, l/100km or km/l calculation
- Multiple trip meters
- Log data to CSV format (compatible with Excel)
- Retrieve vehicle information including VIN number and calibration ID
- Oxygen Sensor Results (Mode $05)
- On-board Monitoring Tests (Mode $06)
- In-performance Tracking Counters (Mode $09)
- GPS tracking - plot vehicle parameters on a map in real-time
- Full diagnostic report that can be e-mailed
- English and Metric units
- Free unlimited updates
The following ELM327 and compatible OBD2 interfaces are supported:
APOS BT OBD 327
ElmCanII Bluetooth and WiFi
OBDLink Bluetooth and WiFI
ELM327 Bluetooth and WiFi
Pearl Lescars Bluetooth and WiFi
The interfaces can be purchased on our websites http://www.wgsoft.de or http://www.obd-2.de/shop/ if required.
Everything completely in German and English. In the graphical representation of data, there are "pause" function. In this mode, the recorded data can be scrolled and zoomed by gesture.
We would greatly appreciate the feedback on the app. Please send us an email about your experiences, opinions or suggestions.
Connect an ELM 327 interface to your car's OBD outlet (OBD2) and run the application: you will be able to read the engine and transmission defects and view data from your vehicle in real time.
Over 200,000 downloads already!
Our application requires a Bluetooth compatible ELM327 OBD2 interface like the one we offer: http://www.boutiqueobdfacile.com/elm327-obd2-bluetooth-android/
• View engine and transmission fault codes (also known as DTCs) and see their meaning (over 5,000 definitions available)
• Delete fault codes (Premium Version only)
• See manufacturer-specific OBD2 error codes for the following brands: Renault, Peugeot, Citroen, Opel, BMW, Ford, Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Mercedes, GM, Chevrolet, Pontiac etc.
• Real-time display of vehicle sensors and possibility of recording in a file. Depending on your vehicle's configuration you will be able to see: vehicle speed, engine rpm, engine temperature, ignition timing, engine torque, the amount of air intake, etc.
• Create records of your trips on your SD card and read them using our EOBD-Facile PC software
To check whether your vehicle is compatible with the E OBD/OBD2 standard and our application, visit our website where a list of vehicles tested by users of our software is available: http://www.outilsobdfacile.com/vehicle-list-compatible-obd2.php
For more information on our application and OBD visit our website: http://www.outilsobdfacile.com
"A very practical application"
" Perfect for simple diagnostics "
"Worked where others have failed (torque)! Only used it on a Peugeot 206 2.0HDI 2002, but it worked a treat, nothing else I tried could be connected to the ECU. "
"Good. Does what is expected. More data would be a plus. "
"Excellent. Very good app that complements the EOBD PC software. No need to use a PC for a basic diag with this free app and a Bluetooth elm27 OBD2 interface. I recommend it! Thank you"
* Quick and easy display of available ECU sensors
* OBD PID scanner to quickly map and locate extended PIDs
* Simple Telnet server that allows direct connection to the adapter to allow far easier debugging (aimed at developers)
The main application - Torque - allows you to connect your android device to your cars engine management, and read various sensors, even retrieve fault codes (DTC) and clear them once fixed. It can post to Twitter, log data, supports themes, and so much more!
If you are interested in developing your own plugin then you can find an example app here(which uses AIDL): http://ian-hawkins.com/torquescan.zip
Join the Torque forums (click the developer link below) for more information or to ask questions!
Note: This plugin needs the full version of Torque
The norm states that the OBD port must be the vehicle cabin but depending on the make and model, it may or may not be easy to locate...
With our app "OBD2 port Lookup" !" you can easily find yours and diagnose your vehicle..
The aim of this app is to be collaborative and to help users find their OBD socket. If your vehicle is not yet in the list and you know where the OBD connector is located, do not hesitate to send photos via the " send photos " option of the application. It will help many users.
We already have more than 300 different vehicles in our database including the following makes:
for this to work you need--
1.A CAR -- 2. an OBD 2 Device (ebay $15.00) --3.Torque program ( free or pro version)
Please dont rate 1 star if you don't have these.
FREE Torque Theme . with Demo of Dial Editor to change Colors on Dial.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS TO WORK WATCH THIS VIDEO (CAR, OBD2, TORQUE)
HARDWARE REQUIREMENT: ELM 327 (Clone Type) Bluetooth Adapter.
Vendors Type: CHX, OBDII, Vgate Bluetooth Device tested OK.
Do not attempt to enter information or adjust your device while driving. Failure to pay full attention to the operation of your vehicle could result in death, serious injury, or property damage. You assume total
responsibility and risk for using your device with this app.
Requirement: Android 2.0 or higher for Bluetooth to function properly.
The next users who download Smart Control can ask for a free complete license. Don't miss this opportunity !!! To request a free full license simply send an email through the function available in the app with the home button key-shaped.
What is Smart Control? Smart Control is not a simply app but a real on-board computer for cars OBD2 equipped.
The first smart on-board computer realized on Android platform, able to connect through diagnostic protocols using a compatible OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth device.In fact, thanks to information provided by diagnostic OBD2, Smart Control is able to calculate the consumption, detect the beginning and end of each move and store trips; In addition, it can calculate and track key performance data, such as power, torque and speed up or braking etc..
Warning: the app currently only supports ELM327 via bluetooth (no WIFI).
The app, in addition to providing the typical on-board computer functions, provides the historical data detected. For every move, you can view the location map and data recorded at various points; specially, the graphic travel trend:
The app also provides the last recorded position, in order to allow the user to navigate to coordinates.
It's also provided a recording section of refueling in order to check the fuel consumption, and compare the consumption data detected to the diagnostic data.
Functions of performance detected. Some examples, below:
- Speed up 0-100 km / h
- Speed up 0-50 km / h
- Pick up 40-70 …
Automatic performance recorded, is available on the historical data, generating
a message that can be listen thanks to the “Text To Speech” function.
Some messages provided:
- Start of trip
- End of trip
- Speed limit alert (configurable) by a custom message.
- Lack of autonomy: based on the OBD II fuel level detected, if available (otherwise calculated)
- Cruising Data
In addition, the reading messages can be heard on your car stereo thanks to a bluetooth device: in particular, the app automatically activates the speakerphone without requiring source selection.
We care customer's satisfaction, so if you have any problem do not hesitate to send a message by the specific function on the home of the app.
Attention: Smart Control has not yet been tested with Android 5.0 Lollipop so might not work properly. We are working to ensure its consistency as soon as possible. It has been tested on the main ELM327 devices.
The free version, has the following limitations:
- Keep only the last three trips and data;
- The average consumption and the other values are based on the last three trips available, with a poor precision;
- Show only the last two refuelings;
- Do not display the arrival position;
- Do not allow navigation to the last known position;
- Do not allow the user addition;
- During the trip, it allows only the display of acceleration 0-100 km / h
This plugin for Torque Pro allows you to share the connection from the OBD2 device with other devices running Torque Pro
For example, you may be running Torque on your Android in-car head unit or tablet - you can use this plugin to share the OBD2 connection and connect torque running on your mobile phone as well
Steps for use:
* Install the plugin on the android device that has the OBD2 adapter connected
* Bluetooth Pair that android device with the other android device that you also want to connect to using Torque
* Start torque on both devices
* (On the remote device) tell torque to connect to your andriod headunit/tablet using bluetooth
* Done! your connection is now shared
- Preview of saved trouble codes
- Actual parameters from the sensors installed in the vehicle
- Speed test (0- 60 km/ h)
- Checking serial numbers from the vehicle (VIN)
Additionally full version includes:
- Main description of the trouble codes from the ECU
- Clearing the trouble codes
- Possibility of observing to eight sensors simultaneously
- Chart depicting the values form the sensors
- Freeze frames
- The analysis of O2 sensors
- Speed test (0-150 km/h)
- Checking serial numbers from the vehicle (VIN, CIN)
- Checking the code description using its symbol
- Terminal module
To run the program you need an external module system based on ELM327 which can communicate via Bluetooth (ELM 327 to OBD II adapter).
TURN RED BARS TO GREEN TO SAVE FUEL.
1. OBD II reader, connected to your car.
2. Torque Pro app, should be installed on your android device. This is a plugin app. It only works from inside the Torque Pro.
► Available Units: MPG, Imperial MPG, L/100KM, Km/L
1. App starts showing graphs a few seconds after your vehicle starts moving.
2. Four methods are embedded in the app to calculate mileage/fuel consumption. Try to change the method if it doesn't respond or the numbers are inaccurate. It is common for some vehicles to report slightly different numbers on different methods. Some cars might not support one or two method at all.
3. Set "Fuel Type", "Engine Displacement" and "Volumetric Efficiency" in your car profile inside the Torque.
4. On devices without menu button, touch anywhere on the screen and hold for 2 seconds. Menu pops up.
✮ Polite Note ✮ In case you have encountered a problem please kindly contact us first, before give us a low rate.
Carista can check your vehicle's health and report any faults stored its computers. You can also clear any fault codes and reset your "check engine" light, as well as check if you're ready for emissions testing. Carista is compatible with all manufacturers and models, as long as they are OBD2-compatible (all 1996+ cars in the US, all 2001/2004 petrol/diesel cars in the EU, etc.) Unlike other apps, however, Carista also gives you access to advanced manufacturer-specific diagnostics*, including computers like ABS, airbag, navigation, etc. and gives you the ability to reset your airbag light, ABS light, traction control light, etc. for supported models.
* Manufacturer-specific diagnostics are a paid feature, available on a selection of 2005 and newer models from Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda (VAG), Toyota, Lexus, Scion. OBD2 diagnostics are free.
Carista lets you change the way your car behaves: say you want your headlights to come on automatically when you start the engine; or you want the doors to lock when you start moving; or you want to change the type of beep that the reverse parking sensors make. Yes, Carista can do that (if your vehicle supports it, of course). Customizations are a paid feature, available on a selection of 2005 and newer models from Audi, Lexus, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Toyota and VW. For Lexus, these are called Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS).
Carista's overheat alarm (a paid feature, 99 cents) allows you to monitor your engine's temperature and react early if it starts to overheat. Yes, most cars have a temperature gauge on the dashboard, but how often do you look at it? Carista can run in the background and notify you with an alarm sound right when the engine temperature starts to reach dangerous levels.
You need an ELM327 Bluetooth dongle/adapter in order to use Carista. We do not sell these; they are available from Amazon, eBay and a number of other merchants. See http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/
No live data or dashboard
Please don't download this app if you're looking for display of real-time data. That's not the purpose of Carista, so please don't rate us negatively for lacking such functionality. Just use Torque for that.
Note: Carista is an OBD scan tool and diagnostics app with added functionality for the consumer. There is no separate Pro version, but there is a paid "Pro Package" within the free app that you can purchase using Google Play In-App Billing. The idea of this app is to provide a simple and efficient way to configure your car to your liking, diagnose your "check engine" or "service engine soon" light, and prevent your engine from overheating. Nothing more, nothing less. Carista is compatible with all vehicles that comply with OBD2 (sometimes misspelled ODB), including Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Honda, Acura, Nissan, Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Suzuki, BMW, Mercedes, VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Opel, Peugeot, Citroen, Renault, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Mini, Lotus, Jaguar, Rover, Tesla, Chevrolet, Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, GMC, Lincoln, Saab, Volvo, Hyundai, Kia. We have advanced functionality available in our Pro Package for a selection of models from VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda (VAG group) and Toyota, Lexus and Scion.
More info and help at http://www.caristaapp.com
- Searching, clearing trouble codes from ECU
- The current values of the sensors installed in the vehicle
- Sensor values depicted on the charts
- Freeze frame stored at the time of the error occurrence
- The analysis of the parameters returned by the oxygen sensor
- Vehicle acceleration test
- Checking vehicle serial numbers + basic VIN decoder function
- Checking the error description using symbols
To run the program you need an external module system based on ELM327 which can communicate via Bluetooth (ELM 327 to OBD II adapter).
- report detonations
- show throttle position
- monitor engine coolant and intake air temperatures
Knock Detector is Torque Pro plugin - install Torque Pro first and start Knock Detector from Torque's main menu and make sure OBD2 adapter is connected. While driving at low rpm on 3rd gear just press throttle to max position and wait a safe period of time. Test will start automatically and finish as you depress pedal. Notification sounds will be played. Test will cover the passed rev range. If testing on automatic gear box ensure that gears are not switched during the test.
Warning - please ensure safe driving conditions - highways only !!!
In order to work on all car models Knock Detector uses heuristic algorithm to find detonations. It is based on analysis of timing advance, throttle, revs and speed. On some ECUs it may report knocks but the reason could be timing retard because of specific factory tune.
Knock Detector will not report minor car specific knock events so it can also miss some detonations. However it will report ECU learned detonations. Such knock events will likely disappear at some moment. Detonations can be real or fake, they can appear and disappear, so there is no reason to worry if such are reported. Detonation may be caused just by depressing the throttle at high revs. Some stock ECUs pull timing 0.5 - 1.00 even on WOT so fake knock will be detected.
Engine coolant and intake air temperaturesare also monitored as major knock factors. Avoid spirited driving or testing when both values are not green - too cold or too hot temperatures can cause detonations.
Please install, ejnoy and share BigDinch - the real life smartphone top chart - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigdinch.mobile
Русские друзья, вы должны установить Torque Pro с OBD2(ELM327) устройство. Спасибо !
Amis français, vous devez installer Torque Pro avec OBD2(ELM327) engin aussi.