Do you like Space or Astronomy?
Did you know you can see the International Space Station with your own eyes passing over you?
And see Earth from International Space Station like the astronauts?
Then you will like ISS onlive App.
ISS onLive provides you with the most spectacular of the International Space Station on your phone or tablet: watching the Earth live from space. You can enjoy watching the land from ISS cameras in HD quality. See places like Africa or Australia from space over 400km above sea level!
It is the closest experience to seeing the earth through the Earth-facing Cupola window of the ISS.
Through the integrated map you will be able to see the position of the ISS at all times and know exactly where it is. The map is configurable (map type) and displays information about ISS telemetry such as latitude, longitude, altitude and speed.
You can also configure the visibility of the orbits, the night/day zone of the earth and the visibility limits of both the ISS and yours.
In addition, in the drawing of the orbits will also appear in yellow the visible paths of the ISS, to know when you can see it with the naked eye.
There are 4 video streams available:
- HDEV (HD Live Earth Viewing Experiment) Camera - Live HD Video streaming view of our planet.
- ISS SD secondary cameras / onboard cameras - Another live video stream that provides Earth views, ISS interior views, astronaut experiments, etc.
- NasaTV Channel - TV service of the United States government agency NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration).
- NasaTV Media Channel
You can watch two channels at the same time in your device, feature specially designed to follow spacewalks, or watch the two live cameras.
Includes Chromecast support to send the video streams to your TV, and watch 3 video channels at the same time including your device.
You can also capture images and record videos to share them on social networks.
Have you seen the International Space Station?
This is the easiest way to spot the station, with ISS Visible Passes Detector.
ISS onLive App will tell you when and where to look for the International Space Station. You will never miss a pass of the ISS.
With ISS onLive you can get notifications of the following events:
- Sunrise and sunsets in ISS (about 15 times in a day)
- When ISS passes over you to see your location from space (day passes)
- When ISS will be visible with the naked eye!
- Special events like spacewalks, spaceships launches and others.
Notes for video transmission problems from ISS:
When ISS (International Space Station) is on the night side of Earth, the video image is black, which is normal.
Sometimes video is not available due to transmission issues or when the crew is changing cameras. In such cases, usually you will have a blue or a blank screen. In few minutes the transmission should return, so, please be patient. This is not an app issue.
About video stream:
- Black/Blue Image = International Space Station (ISS) is on the night side of the Earth.
- No Audio = Normal. There is no audio by design.