How is my baby doing today? Every NICU parent wants a meaningful answer to this question. Having a preemie is stressful. There is never enough time in the NICU for medical teams to communicate all the complex variables they are analyzing to take care of your baby. This app is a partner to parents and medical care teams. PreeMe+You utilizes a proprietary color system created and validated by doctors to track and communicate levels of NICU care and progress in five body system areas (breathing, eating, sleeping, temperature, and growth). This harmonizes communication between parents and rotating medical teams, preventing “lost in translation” and empowering parents with hands-on knowledge in real-time. It’s all the big and little things your medical team wants you to know about your baby’s personalized care if they had all the time in the world.
Use the PreeMe + You App to help:
- Track your baby’s whole body system progress and maturation in real-time.
- Connect with how your medical team is caring for your baby.
- Be fluent in NICU care and language.
- Feel confident and comfortable communicating with your medical team.
- Feel supported and build positive routines and rituals to care for your baby and yourself.
- Feel prepared to take your baby home.
Researchers at the University of Chicago are finding that NICU parents using the PreeMe+You app feel more connected and at ease in the NICU, helping them with worry and emotional stress. These successes have been presented at the following peer-reviewed conferences: Pediatric Academic Societies, Society for Pediatric Research, and Break the Cycle Health Disparity And Equity Conference for Children.