Prey is a tracking, data security and device management app with over 13 years of experience in locating misplaced phones, laptops, and tablets. Available for Android, Chromebooks, iOS, Windows, Ubuntu and MacOS. All devices are monitored under a single account and manageable from the mobile app or the online panel.
- The app suggests you disable the “Delete permissions if not used” option to ensure continuous protection.
- The app requires you grant access to Management of All Files in Android 12 or later. This permission allows for "File Retrieval" (Pro*), beyond images and videos.
- The app requests Accessibility services when using the "Lock" feature. Accessibility is used to block the device, showing an "Access Denied" screen overlay.
- The Power Button Lock feature, it only available on Android versions lower than 9. Android 9 and above include added restrictions that block this functionality.
- The app uses the Device Administrator permission. This allows the Remote Wipe and Lock feature's function
- The App request access to location data in the background to enable the geo-tracking, geofencing, and location history features even when the app is not in use. While most Android devices will automatically request all necessary permissions, some need additional ones to be granted manually. Check help.preyproject.com for instructions specific to Huawei & Xiaomi devices.
► Control Zones: Create areas on a map that alert device movement in and out of them.
► GPS Geolocation: Pin-point accuracy reflected on a map, with GPS coordinates.
► Location History: Verify device movements in time, and detect suspicious movements.
► Control Zone Actions (Pro*): Activates actions when a device enters or exits an area.
► Anti-mute Alarm: Ring an alarm that can’t be muted.
► Remote Lock: Block the device’s screen with a custom passcode remotely.
► Security Message Alert: Display a message on the screen to alert the user and arrange a return.
This is a key feature. When a device is marked as missing, Prey gathers crucial evidence to aid the police’s work with:
►GPS Coordinates & Map: Ideal when pointing the police in the right direction.
►Mac Address: With this, and the device’s IP, no one can deny it is indeed your device.
►Pictures: Try to identify the device’s location with surrounding pictures.
►Wi-Fi Neighborhood: See all active connections near your device for better tracking.
►Device and User Information: Check an activity log, receive any modifications.
► Remote Wipe (Pro*): Delete local files and SD on lost devices to guard your privacy.
► File Retrieval (Pro*): Select and retrieve specific files and avoid losing work on lost phones.
The Enterprise plan gives access to an upgraded platform with mobile device management capabilities.
► Scheduled Automations (Pro*): Program recurrent, repeating or one-time actions.
► Enterprise Inventory (Pro*): Keep track of hardware, changes, connection and battery.
► Fleet Status Dashboard (Pro*) : View your fleet’s status globally with graphic insight.
► Labels & Grouping (Pro*): Group your devices with custom labels and a robust search engine.
Your privacy and mobile security are our top concern, that’s why we work with OPEN SOURCE code. Your personal information and data is only retrieved or used when requested.
Prey started in 2009 as a small tech company with a sole purpose: helping people keep track of their devices. 13 years later, our service evolved into a trusted multi-tool for both people and businesses. We are experts at tracking, protecting and managing your work and play tech tools. And a proud team of people willing to support you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions: https://www.preyproject.com/terms/
(Pro*) Features included in paid plans.