This will help you with your sermon preparations, word studies, or just checking up on a smooth talker.
The database is created from the Cambridge Edition King James Bible text file.
Note: The Question Mark is a Image Button for Help.
Use the search button at the bottom of the soft keyboard to complete the search.
Also, Not sure how much memory a tablet has, but I tested this with 512 Ram and 32 VM Heap. At 16 VM Heap I had crashes because the bible is a big file.
Made for you who wish to learn more about the word of the Lord !
Now you can do a prayer request.
With an intuitive interface and easy to read even on devices with small screens and the ability to zoom using the pincer movement. The best Bible Glossary ever.
- Share Verses through Whatsapp!
- Places in Bible
- New Bible Facts
- Prayer Request
- Share mode
- All Biblical Places
- Complete Dictionary A - Z
- All Biblical names and their meanings
- Bible Plan
- Biblical themes for different situations
- Link to Audio Bible MP3
Functions: select Bible book; select chapter; scroll or click verse link to verse; go to previous chapter; go to next chapter; 200 history; search; bookmark; user define font size and color; user sort Bible Versions.
Current bible versions: King James Version (KJV), Chinese Union Version (Simplified) (CUVS)簡體中文和合本, Chinese New Version (Traditional) (CNVT)繁體中文新譯本, New Living Translation (NLT), Chinese Union Version (Traditional) (CUVT)繁體中文和合本,New International Version (NIV), English Standard Version (ESV)
AMP and NASB were removed as copyright owner required.
To install Beta version, please join my Google group by login https://groups.google.com and search 789ijk, click 789ijk then click "Join group to post". Or you can Email me. Once you join, you can update to new Beta from https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.zs.multiversionsbiblestatic.
IF YOU HAVE ISSUE BECAUSE ROTATED SCREEN OR STORAGE ISSUE, PLEASE CLOSE THE APP AND REOPEN IT, OR CLICK "REBUILD APP" MENU.
Please select "External storage" for Storage type in main screen Settings menu to avoid App crash caused by clean up Apps
* Bibles, Commentaries, Theological Dictionaries, Maps, and Christian books in over 50 languages
* Off-line for everything after initial download including search, notes, commentaries, etc.
* Chinese, Russian, German, French, Hungarian, Czech, Polish, Hebrew, Hindi, ... user interface localisations
* Various Bible reading plans
* Totally free, no ads, no e-mails
* Over 40 English Bibles including ESV, KJV and NET
* 29 Bible commentaries
* Extensive dictionary and Christian book collection
* All documents legally distributed (the reason documents like NKJV and NIV are not available)
* Strong's integration allows Greek and Hebrew word analysis
* Split screen
* Write personal notes
* Select any interface language from a list of over 25
* Flexible search
* Maps of the bible lands
* Listen to any document read out for you
* Automatic scrolling, automatic day/night mode
* Compare all Bible translations on a single screen
* One of the fastest Bible apps on Android
* Open source - improve or change the code if you like
* Uses the powerful JSword engine from CrossWire
We are all volunteers; we don't send out nagging e-mails; don't display annoying advertisements; never ask for or receive donations; don't ask for registration; And Bible does not collect any data from your mobile.
The provenance of all documents is thoroughly researched to ensure all documents can be legally distributed or permission has been granted by the copyright holder e.g. ESV. That is also the reason And Bible can not contain documents like NIV and NKJV.
The new Custom CSS Stylesheet feature is described here: http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/wiki/CustomStylesheets
1. Touch current document/passage top left to open Navigator.
2. Don't use Back button to exit, press the Home or Task Switcher button.
3. To download more documents after the start press Menu button/More/Download Documents.
4. Modify System Settings is required to allow custom screen sleep time for And Bible.
5. The And Bible FAQ is here: http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/wiki/FAQ
God bless all of us and His Will be done in our lives.
Please suggest your review/improvements for this app & your valuable feedback, so that we can add improvements and will encourage us to develop more stuff that will glorify the Lord.
Puedes Compartir tu versículo favorito por las Redes Sociales, SMS o por E-Mail
Bible (the βίβλια Greek, βίβλιον plural, transl. Biblion, "roll" or "book") is the religious text of sacred value for Christianity, in which the religious interpretation of human existence of reason on Earth in the Jewish perspective is narrated by humans. It is considered by the Church as divinely inspired, and it is a doctrine document.
According to tradition, accepted by most Christians, the Bible was written by 40 authors, between 1500 and 450 BC (the Old Testament) and between 45 and 90 AD (the New Testament), totaling a period of almost 1600 years. Most historians believe that the date of the first writings considered sacred is much more recent: for example, while the Christian tradition places Moses as the author of the first five books of the Bible (Pentateuch), many scholars agree that were first compiled only after the Babylonian exile, from other texts dating from the tenth and the fourth century BC. Many scholars also claim that it was written by dozens of people from different regions and nations.
According to a literal interpretation of Genesis (the first book of the Bible), man was created by God from the dust, after the heavens and the earth, between six and eight thousand years ago, and made a living after God breathed the breath of life in his nostrils.
It is the best selling book of all time with more than 6 billion copies worldwide, a number 7 times greater than the number of copies of the 2nd place of the List of 21 Books Bestsellers, The Red Book.
In the United States, the only president who did not make the oath of office with his hand on a Bible was Theodore Roosevelt (1901-1909), according to the official records of the Architect of the Capitol. John Quincy Adams (1825-1829), in his possession, according to letters written by himself, put his hand on a volume of constitutional law instead of the Bible to indicate who owned their loyalty. There are no records for former presidents John Tyler (1841-1845).
- Farsi Persian
"I love having the bible on my phone and be able to read it @ anytime on the go..thank you Lord..I love you!" - Doreen Rivera
★★★★★ More than 62,712+ FIVE Star reviews! ★★★★★
Get closer to Jesus and God with this King James Bible app.
King James Bible App for Android. This app contains the King James Version of the Bible also known as the Authorized Version.
King James Bible or KJV, is an English translation of the Christian Bible by the Church of England begun in 1604 & completed in 1611.
READ, LISTEN & STUDY THE BIBLE
★ Offline Bible
Works offline. Read even without internet access
★ Bible Widget
Get inspired daily with a Daily Bible Verse of Day widget
★ Audio Bible
Have the Bible read to you! Just go to the reading section and click on the Audio button, which is next to the font change button. (Beware though it can get quite loud, so do tune the volume)
★ Daily Bible Verse
Start your day with a Daily Bible Verse or Browse the Book of Day
★ Bible Study
Study the bible with our easy to use interface. Browse by books, chapters, verse. Highlight your favorite Bible verses and easily access them in future
Use the favorites feature to save or bookmark your Bible study & quickly access where you left off. Get access to your favorite inspiration bible verses whenever you need them!
Use the highlight feature to make highlights in different colors. Then easily access them in the Highlights tab
★ User Friendly Interface
We hate clunky, difficult to use Bible apps. That's why we created an easy to use interface, and aim to make this Bible app as simple and easy to use as possible
Easy & Fast search any keyword, book names, or Bible verses to quickly find what you are looking for
★ Read Easier
Change the font settings directly when reading the Bible
Inspirational & motivational Bible verses are meant to shared! Share your favorite Bible verses with friends easily
Most important of all, its FREE
★Customize your audio readings by adjusting Speed & Pitch in Settings
★Daily Notification. Default time is 8am local time. Turn on/off and set desired time in Settings
Contains All 66 Books from the King James Bible, combining Old Testament and New Testament.
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalm, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, Revelation
This app is available as a FREE and PRO version. Free version contain advertisements which serves to finance the app development while the PRO version is advertisement free. Try out the FREE version before u decide if u should upgrade to non-ads version for 99c.
-This app uses Google Analytics.
-For best audio reading experience, please install Google Text to Speech app
Download the free King James Bible app today and experience fuller, richer Bible study—wherever you go.
Download this app now and get King James Bible at your fingertips. Carry your Bible with you wherever, whenever, and share with whomever you want! Study Anywhere. Free of Charge. Download Now!
Commentaries on the Whole Bible
Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible you find in my apps
Also I recommend you "Bible Concordance & Strongs" which you find in my app. You find there Bible Concordance, Strong's Concordance and Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.
Written by well-known and popular theologians, Bible commentaries aid in the study of Scripture by providing explanation and interpretation of Biblical text. Whether you are just beginning to read Scripture or have been studying the Bible daily, commentaries offer greater understanding with background information on authorship, history, setting, and theme of the Gospel. Verse by verse exposition of the New and Old Testament can be found in commentary written by one of the greatest Christian church leaders - Matthew Henry
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible is developed from the author's rare ability to express profound spiritual insights with simplicity and eloquence. His writings have been read and enjoyed for both their scholarship and devotion. For over 250 years this commentary has been one of the most widely used of all Bible commentaries.
Matthew Henry was born near Wales on October 18, 1662.
Henry was primarily home-educated by his father, Rev. Philip Henry, and also at the Thomas Doolittle academy from 1680-1682. Henry first started studying law in 1686, but instead of pursuing a career in law he began to preach in his neighborhood.
Henry's reputation rests upon his renowned commentary, An Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708-10, known also as Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible). He lived to complete it only as far as to the end of the Acts, but after his death other like-minded authors prepared the remainder from Henry's manuscripts. This work was long celebrated as the best English commentary for devotional purposes and the expanded edition was initially published in 1896. Instead of critical exposition, Henry focuses on practical suggestion, and his commentaries contains rich stores of truths. There is also a smaller devotional commentary on the Bible from Henry known as Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary.
Spurgeon used Henry's commentary and commended it heartily, saying: "Every minister ought to read it entirely and carefully through once at least."
These quests as well as the other tools in this application(map, birthsign guide, races guide) will help you make the best out of your Elder Scroll experience!
The verses chosen for each day's scripture have spiritual guidance within their own context for a clearer understanding.
- Inspirational scriptures daily from the Holy Bible
- Non-intrusive, user scheduled, daily notification of your scripture
- Choose between bible translations of King James Version (KJV) or New International Version (NIV)
- Share your daily bible verses to Facebook, Google+ and Twitter
- Save and share your favorite scriptures [New]
- Share app with friends to spread the daily word of God
Thank You Users
Thank you to all the users of The Daily Bible Verse! Thank you for all of the wonderful comments. I can't begin to tell you how powerful and meaningful your words are to us!
Background of Daily Bible Verse
As God led the Israelites through the wilderness for 40 years, he provided for their physical nourishment by sending from heaven each morning a grainy white substance called manna which covered the ground like frost and was gathered up by God's people. That story reminds us how God provides for the spiritual nourishment of His people by sending his word from heaven which has been collected in the Bible.
May you be blessed by "Daily Bible Verse"; a daily bite sized chunk of spiritual food for your heart and mind.
MyBible is a Bible reading and studying Android application developed to be a convenient pocket tool for everyday Bible reading, verses and chapters memorizing, simple or complex searches in the Bible text, bookmarking, comparing of different Bible translations (in the same or in different languages), referring to the Strong's dictionary, taking notes during church services, etc. MyBible development was inspired by PalmBible+ (which was unsurpassed in PalmOS world).
Main MyBible features:
- Maximally convenient and easy Bible navigation.
- Remembering of the last position in every Bible book visited.
- Easy page up/page down functionality, controllable via left/right screen halves touch and via volume hardware buttons.
- Displaying of an entire Bible book (not just one chapter at a time).
- Categorized colored bookmarks which can span several verses and interleave.
- Two or three parallel Bible translations, auto-synchronized by the current position or scrolled independently.
- Selected verses copying - adjacent or separately standing verses.
- Easily available notes entry window.
- Fast and functionally powerful search in Bible text.
Unique MyBible features:
- Strong's number usage search in a Bible translation.
- Built-in Russian-English numbering correspondence for the books of Psalms, Job, Song of Solomon. This allows parallel reading of these books in Russian and other European languages translations (English, German, Spanish, etc).
- Cross-references used in Russian Synodal translation - built-in to the text.
- Huge cross references database from the Open Bible project, callable for a verse.
- Old paper-like background with worn edges effect.
Big number of Bible translations available. There is an independent site with additional Bible translations for MyBible, which are not from the public domain and thus are not available for downloading from the MyBible repository: myb.ph4.org
MyBible modules structure description is available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12rf4Pqy13qhnAW31uKkaWNTBDTtRbNW0s7cM0vcimlA
Please report all problems with modules to Vladimir Iakovlev, firstname.lastname@example.org
Furthermore, this Amplified Bible version Includes adjectives and synonyms expanding the main idea words on each verse, in order to give you a better scope on God's Word. You will also find extra expanding concepts for key verses, at the end of several chapters.
The Amplified Bible is a nice reading and listening material for every Christian, including scholars and students, fulfilling the task as a spiritual guidance for your biblical study.
1) The reading text inside this Android App will self adjust it's size depending of your phone or tablet's screen size, aiming for an easy, uncluttered, reading experience.
2) The Speak aloud function may not be installed or configured in your Android device. This Android app will pop up a message box telling you about the need of installing or configuring the voice function inside your Android Device. You may do so by getting into your Android´s home screen, opening the SYSTEM SETTINGS menu and scrolling down into the Language & Input option. Inside you will find the Text to Speech configuration panel.
This Amplified Bible is a "must have" reading material for all Christian scholars and students. It includes sinonims expanding the ideas behind each key word, allowing for a better comprehension of God's Word.
You can follow each Bible Chapter as a spiritual guidance and biblical study.
New Feature: You can leave a comment below every Bible chapter which will be shared with all our readers. We may all grow on our faith, while contributing with our own feelings, knowledge and appreciations about the Word of God.
Warning: You need to have an Internet connection in working condition to successfully use this application, as the Bible content resides in our server while only the chapter you are currently reading is being streamed into your Android device, along with the latest users comments.