This will help you with your sermon preparations, word studies, or just checking up on a smooth talker.
The database is created from the Cambridge Edition King James Bible text file.
Note: The Question Mark is a Image Button for Help.
Use the search button at the bottom of the soft keyboard to complete the search.
Also, Not sure how much memory a tablet has, but I tested this with 512 Ram and 32 VM Heap. At 16 VM Heap I had crashes because the bible is a big file.
Functions: select Bible book; select chapter; scroll or click verse link to verse; go to previous chapter; go to next chapter; 200 history; search; bookmark; user define font size and color; user sort Bible Versions.
Current bible versions: King James Version (KJV), Chinese Union Version (Simplified) (CUVS)簡體中文和合本, Chinese New Version (Traditional) (CNVT)繁體中文新譯本, New Living Translation (NLT), Chinese Union Version (Traditional) (CUVT)繁體中文和合本,New International Version (NIV), English Standard Version (ESV)
AMP and NASB were removed as copyright owner required.
To install Beta version, please join my Google group by login https://groups.google.com and search 789ijk, click 789ijk then click "Join group to post". Or you can Email me. Once you join, you can update to new Beta from https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.zs.multiversionsbiblestatic.
IF YOU HAVE ISSUE BECAUSE ROTATED SCREEN OR STORAGE ISSUE, PLEASE CLOSE THE APP AND REOPEN IT, OR CLICK "REBUILD APP" MENU.
Please select "External storage" for Storage type in main screen Settings menu to avoid App crash caused by clean up Apps
God bless all of us and His Will be done in our lives.
Please suggest your review/improvements for this app & your valuable feedback, so that we can add improvements and will encourage us to develop more stuff that will glorify the Lord.
Made for you who wish to learn more about the word of the Lord !
Now you can do a prayer request.
With an intuitive interface and easy to read even on devices with small screens and the ability to zoom using the pincer movement. The best Bible Glossary ever.
- Share Verses through Whatsapp!
- Places in Bible
- New Bible Facts
- Prayer Request
- Share mode
- All Biblical Places
- Complete Dictionary A - Z
- All Biblical names and their meanings
- Bible Plan
- Biblical themes for different situations
- Link to Audio Bible MP3
- reference books at hand: Easton's Bible Dictionary, Smith's Bible Dictionary, Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary, The King James Version (KJV) Bible Dictionary, Nave's Topical Bible, the Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia, Torrey's New Topical Textbook and the Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (JFB Commentary)
- Very fast and simple to use.
- Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Study the Holy Bible anytime, anywhere, no Internet connection required.
NO NEED INTERNET !
Why study the Bible?
One reason to study the Bible is for cultural literacy purposes. E.D. Hirsch writes, "To be culturally literate is to possess the basic information needed to thrive in the modern world."
Simply put, the Bible contains a wealth of cultural literacy. References to the Bible are found not only found in religion, but also art, music, philosophy, literature, law and more. Knowing what the Bible says is an important part of everyone's k-base.
Many popular phrases and figures of speech also find their origin in the Bible including being a Good Samaritan, the folly of letting the blind lead the blind, going the extra mile, ethical maxims such as "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," manna from heaven, etc. Hirsch considers the Bible so important to cultural literacy that it appears first in his Dictionary of Cultural Literacy.
Another reason to study the Bible is to learn what it has to say firsthand. Whether one is a supporter or critic of the Bible, or perhaps just neutral or uninterested in the topic, history has demonstrated that the Bible cannot be ignored. Considering that the Bible is important to three major world religions – Judaism, Christianity and Islam – it is worthy of study.
In addition, the recent rise of hostile criticism towards the Bible itself and religion in general also makes it worthy of study. Sometimes the critics do not always quote the Bible correctly or in context. Knowing what it says firsthand and having some knowledge of the context is helpful in understanding not only current events, but key ideas the Bible addresses such as the nature and existence of God, the human condition, the biblical pattern of redemption and salvation and ethics.
For thousands of years the Bible has been read not only as history and God's Word, but also for personal edification. This, of course, is a more meaningful reason for studying the Bible for those who believe in God, but the Bible is also surprisingly edifying for those who do not believe. It is full of individuals facing moral choices, life challenges, and, frankly, situations that are applicable to us even today. As Paul wrote, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16-17, NIV).
The Bible is available for us to learn from not only on an intellectual level, but on a personal and emotional level.
* Bibles, Commentaries, Theological Dictionaries, Maps, and Christian books in over 50 languages
* Off-line for everything after initial download including search, notes, commentaries, etc.
* Chinese, Russian, German, French, Hungarian, Czech, Polish, Hebrew, Hindi, ... user interface localisations
* Various Bible reading plans
* Totally free, no ads, no e-mails
* Over 40 English Bibles including ESV, KJV and NET
* 29 Bible commentaries
* Extensive dictionary and Christian book collection
* All documents legally distributed (the reason documents like NKJV and NIV are not available)
* Strong's integration allows Greek and Hebrew word analysis
* Split screen
* Write personal notes
* Select any interface language from a list of over 25
* Flexible search
* Maps of the bible lands
* Listen to any document read out for you
* Automatic scrolling, automatic day/night mode
* Compare all Bible translations on a single screen
* One of the fastest Bible apps on Android
* Open source - improve or change the code if you like
* Uses the powerful JSword engine from CrossWire
We are all volunteers; we don't send out nagging e-mails; don't display annoying advertisements; never ask for or receive donations; don't ask for registration; And Bible does not collect any data from your mobile.
The provenance of all documents is thoroughly researched to ensure all documents can be legally distributed or permission has been granted by the copyright holder e.g. ESV. That is also the reason And Bible can not contain documents like NIV and NKJV.
The new Custom CSS Stylesheet feature is described here: http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/wiki/CustomStylesheets
1. Touch current document/passage top left to open Navigator.
2. Don't use Back button to exit, press the Home or Task Switcher button.
3. To download more documents after the start press Menu button/More/Download Documents.
4. Modify System Settings is required to allow custom screen sleep time for And Bible.
5. The And Bible FAQ is here: http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/wiki/FAQ
Commentaries on the Whole Bible
Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible you find in my apps
Also I recommend you "Bible Concordance & Strongs" which you find in my app. You find there Bible Concordance, Strong's Concordance and Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.
Written by well-known and popular theologians, Bible commentaries aid in the study of Scripture by providing explanation and interpretation of Biblical text. Whether you are just beginning to read Scripture or have been studying the Bible daily, commentaries offer greater understanding with background information on authorship, history, setting, and theme of the Gospel. Verse by verse exposition of the New and Old Testament can be found in commentary written by one of the greatest Christian church leaders - Matthew Henry
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible is developed from the author's rare ability to express profound spiritual insights with simplicity and eloquence. His writings have been read and enjoyed for both their scholarship and devotion. For over 250 years this commentary has been one of the most widely used of all Bible commentaries.
Matthew Henry was born near Wales on October 18, 1662.
Henry was primarily home-educated by his father, Rev. Philip Henry, and also at the Thomas Doolittle academy from 1680-1682. Henry first started studying law in 1686, but instead of pursuing a career in law he began to preach in his neighborhood.
Henry's reputation rests upon his renowned commentary, An Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708-10, known also as Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible). He lived to complete it only as far as to the end of the Acts, but after his death other like-minded authors prepared the remainder from Henry's manuscripts. This work was long celebrated as the best English commentary for devotional purposes and the expanded edition was initially published in 1896. Instead of critical exposition, Henry focuses on practical suggestion, and his commentaries contains rich stores of truths. There is also a smaller devotional commentary on the Bible from Henry known as Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary.
Spurgeon used Henry's commentary and commended it heartily, saying: "Every minister ought to read it entirely and carefully through once at least."
Puedes Compartir tu versículo favorito por las Redes Sociales, SMS o por E-Mail
* Read and study the Bible anywhere. Unlike other Bible apps for Android, no Internet connection is required once you've downloaded your Bibles and books onto your device.
* Continuous scrolling means you'll never fall behind your pastor or Bible study leader.! Compare PocketBible to your current Android Bible app – PocketBible really is lightning fast!
* Quickly go to any verse using the colorful book/chapter/verse chooser.
* Search your Bibles and books by word or phrase.
* Easily switch between any number of open Bibles and books.
* Look at multiple books at the same time. Open up to 2 panes on your smartphone and 5 panes on your tablet. Bibles and books will always stay on the same verse (can also be turned off so they don't stay on the same verse)
* Record what you learn by taking notes, highlighting passages, and setting bookmarks. Bible references in your notes are automatically linked to the Bible.
* Track your progress through devotionals and Bible reading plans.
* Synchronize your notes, highlights, bookmarks and daily reading progress with the Laridian Cloud and share between your other devices using PocketBible.
* Adjust font, font size and background color for your reading pleasure.
* Register PocketBible for free access to 40+ Bibles, reference books, devotionals and reading plans. Grow your library at any time by choosing from 100s of popular titles from Zondervan, Thomas Nelson, Tyndale and more (each sold separately).
Free Bibles and books include:
* 9 Bibles including American Standard Version (ASV), Bible in Basic English (BBE), Darby's New Translation (DNT), Geneva Bible (New Testament), King James Version (KJV), Webster's Bible, Weymouth Bible, World English Bible (WEB), Young's Literal Translation
* 4 Bible Commentaries including Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible by Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown, Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible by Matthew Henry, Reference Notes by Scofield, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
* 5 Topical References including Easton's Bible Dictionary, Nave's Topical Bible, Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names, Torrey's Topical Textbook, Condensed Bible Cyclopedia
* 11 Devotional Reading Books including 7 "Through the Bible" Reading Plans, Professor Grant Horner's Bible Reading System, M'Cheyne One-Year Bible Reading Plan, Morning and Evening Devotionals by Spurgeon, Daily Light on the Daily Path, A Harmony of the Gospels
* 12 Other Bible Reference Books including Works of Josephus (5 Volumes), Works of Augustine (5 Volumes), Imitation of Christ, Foxe's Book of Martyrs
To get the latest news and up and coming features of PocketBible check out our Google+ page:
* A completely new, user friendly and catchy user interface.
* A new Quiz Game option with multiple levels included.
* All share options available in the device included
We are proud and happy to release the Holy Bible Offline (KJV) in android for free. Holy Bible Application is simply designed to make it available OFFLINE complete. Internet connection is not required to read the bible verses. The app contains both "Old Testament" and "New Testament". Search option is also provided for quick reference of King James Version. Forum has been included to have spiritual discussions.
We sincerely hope that this app will rejoice you.
App requires two permissions, namely
1. Your Location (For Ads)&
2. Network Communication (For Ads)
Please feel free to mail us your feedback. We are glad to accommodate to your suggestions in the App.
*************** Updates in Version 1.4.3 Released on 09th Dec 2014 *****************
* New payment support Version 3.0 from Google implemented.
*************** Updates in Version 1.4.1 Released on 09th Dec 2014 *****************
* Settings option added in the verse reading page
* Day / Night reading modes added
* Increase decrease font sizes added
* Adjust screen brightness added
* Bugs fixed.
- Works Offline
- 75 different bible translations available to download.
- Installation in SD Card (Version 2.2 or higher).
- Search words inside the Bible
- Support for small screen phones. Like the Xperia Mini
- Fix the chapter screen for different screen sizes
- Fix the bible search when the search return no match.
- Share in SMS, Twitter, Facebook, Email etc
- Night Read Mode
- Option to remove ads.
- Books in alphabetically order (optional).
- Higher fonts selection.
- Tablet layout (HD).
- Cantor Cristão
- Multi words search
- Notes (Personal Notes)
- Marker verse colors
- Copy Verse
- Talking Verse (beta)
- Reading Bible Plan
English: King James Version
English: American Standard Version
English: Basic English Bible
English: Darby Version
English: Webster\'s Bible
English: Weymouth NT
English: World English Bible
English: Young\'s Literal Translation
Spanish: Reina Valera (1909)
Spanish: Reina Valera NT (1858)
Spanish: Sagradas Escrituras (1569)
Portuguese: King James Version
Arabic: Smith and Van Dyke
Aramaic NT: Peshitta
Armenian (Eastern): (Genesis, Exodus, Gospels)
Armenian (Western): NT
Basque (Navarro-Labourdin): NT
Chamorro (Psalms, Gospels, Acts)
Chinese: NCV (Traditional)
Chinese: Union (Simplified)
Chinese: NCV (Simplified)
Chinese: Union (Traditional)
Coptic: Bohairic NT
Coptic: New Testament
Dutch Staten Vertaling
Finnish: Bible (1776)
Finnish: Pyha Raamattu (1933/1938)
French: Louis Segond (1910)
French: Martin (1744)
French: Ostervald (1996 revision)
Georgian (Gospels, Acts, James)
German: Elberfelder (1871)
German: Elberfelder (1905)
German: Luther (1545)
German: Luther (1912)
Greek NT: Byzantine/Majority Text (2000)
Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1550/1894)
Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed.
Greek NT: Westcott/Hort, UBS4 variants
Hebrew OT: Aleppo Codex
Italian: Giovanni Diodati Bible (1649)
Italian: Riveduta Bible (1927)
Latin: Nova Vulgata
Latin: Vulgata Clementina
Latvian New Testament
Manx Gaelic (Esther, Jonah, Four Gospels)
Myanmar/Burmse: Judson (1835)
Norwegian: Det Norsk Bibelselskap (1930)
Potawatomi: (Matthew, Acts) (Lykins, 1844)
Russian: Synodal Translation (1876)
Russian: Makarij Translation (Pentateuch) (1825)
Scots Gaelic (Gospel of Mark)
Tagalog: Ang Biblia (1905)
Ukrainian: NT (P.Kulish, 1871)
MyBible is a Bible reading and studying Android application developed to be a convenient pocket tool for everyday Bible reading, verses and chapters memorizing, simple or complex searches in the Bible text, bookmarking, comparing of different Bible translations (in the same or in different languages), referring to the Strong's dictionary, taking notes during church services, etc. MyBible development was inspired by PalmBible+ (which was unsurpassed in PalmOS world).
Main MyBible features:
- Maximally convenient and easy Bible navigation.
- Remembering of the last position in every Bible book visited.
- Easy page up/page down functionality, controllable via left/right screen halves touch and via volume hardware buttons.
- Displaying of an entire Bible book (not just one chapter at a time).
- Categorized colored bookmarks which can span several verses and interleave.
- Two or three parallel Bible translations, auto-synchronized by the current position or scrolled independently.
- Selected verses copying - adjacent or separately standing verses.
- Easily available notes entry window.
- Fast and functionally powerful search in Bible text.
Unique MyBible features:
- Strong's number usage search in a Bible translation.
- Built-in Russian-English numbering correspondence for the books of Psalms, Job, Song of Solomon. This allows parallel reading of these books in Russian and other European languages translations (English, German, Spanish, etc).
- Cross-references used in Russian Synodal translation - built-in to the text.
- Huge cross references database from the Open Bible project, callable for a verse.
- Old paper-like background with worn edges effect.
Big number of Bible translations available. There is an independent site with additional Bible translations for MyBible, which are not from the public domain and thus are not available for downloading from the MyBible repository: myb.ph4.org
MyBible modules structure description is available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12rf4Pqy13qhnAW31uKkaWNTBDTtRbNW0s7cM0vcimlA
Please report all problems with modules to Vladimir Iakovlev, firstname.lastname@example.org
The WORDsearch Bible app helps you read, study, and share the Word of God more effectively. Read from our extensive library, or study God's Word with our powerful, yet easy-to-use, Bible study tools. Scripture references are linked to your favorite Bible - tap on a link, and the Bible text will pop up for you. Highlight meaningful passages or copy/paste them into an in-app study note. Best of all, if you've previously purchased any books from WORDsearch, you can access almost all of them here.
* Local Searching
The searching is crazy fast, even for large libraries and is performed on the device so you don't need an internet connection!
You can create bookmarks, highlights, and notes anywhere in your content.
* Biblical Passage Links
Touch a Bible reference in any book and instantly read the verse or jump into the full Bible.
* The Complete HCSB
The Holman Christian Standard Bible translation comes fully installed and integrated into the app. Get the best Bible reading experience right alongside your books!
First things first. If you have any questions or issues with the Blue Letter Bible app, contact us immediately @ http://blb.sc/00016q, or our public Google Group @ http://blb.sc/001Yea. You can also email us @ theBlueLetterBible@gmail.com. We want the app to work for you.
Join our millions of annual website users who choose to dig deeper into God’s Word with Blue Letter Bible!
POWERFUL BIBLE STUDY TOOLS
• Study the Hebrew & Greek with our original language lexicon
• Perform word study searches using the many available dictionaries and encyclopedias
• Use the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge for an in-depth study
• Over 8,000 text commentaries by over 40 different authors
PERSONALIZED BIBLE STUDY
• Powerful note taking feature lets take notes while organizing them into notebooks
• Tag your favorite verses and collect them into custom folders
• Highlight verses in unlimited customized colors
• Show / hide footnote and verse markers
• Show / hide words of Christ in red
• Adjustable font size and line height for easier reading
• Side by side, parallel Bibles
Please take a minute to rate the Blue Letter Bible app!
Brought to you by UGW who created the best selling/top rated Skyrim guide app on iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad and Androïd ranked in the top 10 of more than 15 countries during the month of january.
This guide features the most complete guide to Zelda Skyward Sword on mobile devices :
ENTIRELY OFFLINE ACCESS
MEANING YOU DON'T NEED INTERNET ACCESS TO VIEW THE GUIDE
ENTIRELY AND INSTANTLY SEARCHABLE GAME SECTIONS AND CHAPTERS
- Entire step-by-step Walkthrough of the game
- All Bosses Defeat Guides
- Complete Enemy Database
- Potion Infusion Recipes
- Item Upgrading Recipes
- All Bugs Locations
- Treasures Locations
- All Heart Pieces Locations
- Goddes Cubes Guide
- Gratitude Crystals Guide
- All Goddes Walls
- All Gossip Stones
- Shops Lists and Items
- Secrets & Tricks
What is this guide ?
This guide is THE mobile app where you'll find quickly and easily everything you were looking for in a mobile walkthrough.
Where can I use this guide ?
That's the beauty of it ! With it's full offline data, you can use this guide wherever you want ! On the plane, train, car, boat, on feet, in your country, in other countries, with or without internet connection, even on the toilet ! You name it, you can use them there !
All rights reserved to the content's owners.
This guide is the property of UGW and of his copyright owners and may not be reproduced.