This will help you with your sermon preparations, word studies, or just checking up on a smooth talker.
The database is created from the Cambridge Edition King James Bible text file.
Note: The Question Mark is a Image Button for Help.
Use the search button at the bottom of the soft keyboard to complete the search.
Also, Not sure how much memory a tablet has, but I tested this with 512 Ram and 32 VM Heap. At 16 VM Heap I had crashes because the bible is a big file.
Made for you who wish to learn more about the word of the Lord !
Now you can do a prayer request.
With an intuitive interface and easy to read even on devices with small screens and the ability to zoom using the pincer movement. The best Bible Glossary ever.
- Share Verses through Whatsapp!
- Places in Bible
- New Bible Facts
- Prayer Request
- Share mode
- All Biblical Places
- Complete Dictionary A - Z
- All Biblical names and their meanings
- Bible Plan
- Biblical themes for different situations
- Link to Audio Bible MP3
Functions: select Bible book; select chapter; scroll or click verse link to verse; go to previous chapter; go to next chapter; 200 history; search; bookmark; user define font size and color; user sort Bible Versions.
Current bible versions: King James Version (KJV), Chinese Union Version (Simplified) (CUVS)簡體中文和合本, Chinese New Version (Traditional) (CNVT)繁體中文新譯本, New Living Translation (NLT), Chinese Union Version (Traditional) (CUVT)繁體中文和合本,New International Version (NIV), English Standard Version (ESV)
AMP and NASB were removed as copyright owner required.
To install Beta version, please join my Google group by login https://groups.google.com and search 789ijk, click 789ijk then click "Join group to post". Or you can Email me. Once you join, you can update to new Beta from https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.zs.multiversionsbiblestatic.
IF YOU HAVE ISSUE BECAUSE ROTATED SCREEN OR STORAGE ISSUE, PLEASE CLOSE THE APP AND REOPEN IT, OR CLICK "REBUILD APP" MENU.
Please select "External storage" for Storage type in main screen Settings menu to avoid App crash caused by clean up Apps
* Bibles, Commentaries, Theological Dictionaries, Maps, and Christian books in over 50 languages
* Off-line for everything after initial download including search, notes, commentaries, etc.
* Chinese, Russian, German, French, Hungarian, Czech, Polish, Hebrew, Hindi, ... user interface localisations
* Various Bible reading plans
* Totally free, no ads, no e-mails
* Over 40 English Bibles including ESV, KJV and NET
* 29 Bible commentaries
* Extensive dictionary and Christian book collection
* All documents legally distributed (the reason documents like NKJV and NIV are not available)
* Strong's integration allows Greek and Hebrew word analysis
* Split screen
* Write personal notes
* Select any interface language from a list of over 25
* Flexible search
* Maps of the bible lands
* Listen to any document read out for you
* Automatic scrolling, automatic day/night mode
* Compare all Bible translations on a single screen
* One of the fastest Bible apps on Android
* Open source - improve or change the code if you like
* Uses the powerful JSword engine from CrossWire
We are all volunteers; we don't send out nagging e-mails; don't display annoying advertisements; never ask for or receive donations; don't ask for registration; And Bible does not collect any data from your mobile.
The provenance of all documents is thoroughly researched to ensure all documents can be legally distributed or permission has been granted by the copyright holder e.g. ESV. That is also the reason And Bible can not contain documents like NIV and NKJV.
The new Custom CSS Stylesheet feature is described here: http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/wiki/CustomStylesheets
1. Touch current document/passage top left to open Navigator.
2. Don't use Back button to exit, press the Home or Task Switcher button.
3. To download more documents after the start press Menu button/More/Download Documents.
4. Modify System Settings is required to allow custom screen sleep time for And Bible.
5. The And Bible FAQ is here: http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/wiki/FAQ
God bless all of us and His Will be done in our lives.
Please suggest your review/improvements for this app & your valuable feedback, so that we can add improvements and will encourage us to develop more stuff that will glorify the Lord.
Commentaries on the Whole Bible
Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible you find in my apps
Also I recommend you "Bible Concordance & Strongs" which you find in my app. You find there Bible Concordance, Strong's Concordance and Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.
Written by well-known and popular theologians, Bible commentaries aid in the study of Scripture by providing explanation and interpretation of Biblical text. Whether you are just beginning to read Scripture or have been studying the Bible daily, commentaries offer greater understanding with background information on authorship, history, setting, and theme of the Gospel. Verse by verse exposition of the New and Old Testament can be found in commentary written by one of the greatest Christian church leaders - Matthew Henry
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible is developed from the author's rare ability to express profound spiritual insights with simplicity and eloquence. His writings have been read and enjoyed for both their scholarship and devotion. For over 250 years this commentary has been one of the most widely used of all Bible commentaries.
Matthew Henry was born near Wales on October 18, 1662.
Henry was primarily home-educated by his father, Rev. Philip Henry, and also at the Thomas Doolittle academy from 1680-1682. Henry first started studying law in 1686, but instead of pursuing a career in law he began to preach in his neighborhood.
Henry's reputation rests upon his renowned commentary, An Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708-10, known also as Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible). He lived to complete it only as far as to the end of the Acts, but after his death other like-minded authors prepared the remainder from Henry's manuscripts. This work was long celebrated as the best English commentary for devotional purposes and the expanded edition was initially published in 1896. Instead of critical exposition, Henry focuses on practical suggestion, and his commentaries contains rich stores of truths. There is also a smaller devotional commentary on the Bible from Henry known as Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary.
Spurgeon used Henry's commentary and commended it heartily, saying: "Every minister ought to read it entirely and carefully through once at least."
* A completely new, user friendly and catchy user interface.
* A new Quiz Game option with multiple levels included.
* All share options available in the device included
We are proud and happy to release the Holy Bible Offline (KJV) in android for free. Holy Bible Application is simply designed to make it available OFFLINE complete. Internet connection is not required to read the bible verses. The app contains both "Old Testament" and "New Testament". Search option is also provided for quick reference of King James Version. Forum has been included to have spiritual discussions.
We sincerely hope that this app will rejoice you.
App requires two permissions, namely
1. Your Location (For Ads)&
2. Network Communication (For Ads)
Please feel free to mail us your feedback. We are glad to accommodate to your suggestions in the App.
*************** Updates in Version 1.4.3 Released on 09th Dec 2014 *****************
* New payment support Version 3.0 from Google implemented.
*************** Updates in Version 1.4.1 Released on 09th Dec 2014 *****************
* Settings option added in the verse reading page
* Day / Night reading modes added
* Increase decrease font sizes added
* Adjust screen brightness added
* Bugs fixed.
Puedes Compartir tu versículo favorito por las Redes Sociales, SMS o por E-Mail
MyBible is a Bible reading and studying Android application developed to be a convenient pocket tool for everyday Bible reading, verses and chapters memorizing, simple or complex searches in the Bible text, bookmarking, comparing of different Bible translations (in the same or in different languages), referring to the Strong's dictionary, taking notes during church services, etc. MyBible development was inspired by PalmBible+ (which was unsurpassed in PalmOS world).
Main MyBible features:
- Maximally convenient and easy Bible navigation.
- Remembering of the last position in every Bible book visited.
- Easy page up/page down functionality, controllable via left/right screen halves touch and via volume hardware buttons.
- Displaying of an entire Bible book (not just one chapter at a time).
- Categorized colored bookmarks which can span several verses and interleave.
- Two or three parallel Bible translations, auto-synchronized by the current position or scrolled independently.
- Selected verses copying - adjacent or separately standing verses.
- Easily available notes entry window.
- Fast and functionally powerful search in Bible text.
Unique MyBible features:
- Strong's number usage search in a Bible translation.
- Built-in Russian-English numbering correspondence for the books of Psalms, Job, Song of Solomon. This allows parallel reading of these books in Russian and other European languages translations (English, German, Spanish, etc).
- Cross-references used in Russian Synodal translation - built-in to the text.
- Huge cross references database from the Open Bible project, callable for a verse.
- Old paper-like background with worn edges effect.
Big number of Bible translations available. There is an independent site with additional Bible translations for MyBible, which are not from the public domain and thus are not available for downloading from the MyBible repository: myb.ph4.org
MyBible modules structure description is available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12rf4Pqy13qhnAW31uKkaWNTBDTtRbNW0s7cM0vcimlA
Please report all problems with modules to Vladimir Iakovlev, firstname.lastname@example.org
"I love having the bible on my phone and be able to read it @ anytime on the go..thank you Lord..I love you!" - Doreen Rivera
★★★★★ More than 62,712+ FIVE Star reviews! ★★★★★
Get closer to Jesus and God with this King James Bible app.
King James Bible App for Android. This app contains the King James Version of the Bible also known as the Authorized Version.
King James Bible or KJV, is an English translation of the Christian Bible by the Church of England begun in 1604 & completed in 1611.
READ, LISTEN & STUDY THE BIBLE
★ Offline Bible
Works offline. Read even without internet access
★ Bible Widget
Get inspired daily with a Daily Bible Verse of Day widget
★ Audio Bible
Have the Bible read to you! Just go to the reading section and click on the Audio button, which is next to the font change button. (Beware though it can get quite loud, so do tune the volume)
★ Daily Bible Verse
Start your day with a Daily Bible Verse or Browse the Book of Day
★ Bible Study
Study the bible with our easy to use interface. Browse by books, chapters, verse. Highlight your favorite Bible verses and easily access them in future
Use the favorites feature to save or bookmark your Bible study & quickly access where you left off. Get access to your favorite inspiration bible verses whenever you need them!
Use the highlight feature to make highlights in different colors. Then easily access them in the Highlights tab
★ User Friendly Interface
We hate clunky, difficult to use Bible apps. That's why we created an easy to use interface, and aim to make this Bible app as simple and easy to use as possible
Easy & Fast search any keyword, book names, or Bible verses to quickly find what you are looking for
★ Read Easier
Change the font settings directly when reading the Bible
Inspirational & motivational Bible verses are meant to shared! Share your favorite Bible verses with friends easily
Most important of all, its FREE
★Customize your audio readings by adjusting Speed & Pitch in Settings
★Daily Notification. Default time is 8am local time. Turn on/off and set desired time in Settings
Contains All 66 Books from the King James Bible, combining Old Testament and New Testament.
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalm, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, Revelation
This app is available as a FREE and PRO version. Free version contain advertisements which serves to finance the app development while the PRO version is advertisement free. Try out the FREE version before u decide if u should upgrade to non-ads version for 99c.
-This app uses Google Analytics.
-For best audio reading experience, please install Google Text to Speech app
Download the free King James Bible app today and experience fuller, richer Bible study—wherever you go.
Download this app now and get King James Bible at your fingertips. Carry your Bible with you wherever, whenever, and share with whomever you want! Study Anywhere. Free of Charge. Download Now!
Bible Study Resources
* King James Version Bible (preloaded)
* Bible-in-a-year reading plan (preloaded)
* Free translations: ASV, WEB, YLT, Darby, RVA, LSG, Thai KJV, AA (optional downloads)
* Free commentaries: Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary, Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary, Scofield Notes (optional downloads)
* Free devotionals: Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, Daily Light on the Daily Path (optional downloads)
* Free study tools: Easton's Bible Dictionary, KJV with Strong's numbers, Greek NT, Thompson Topics, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge (optional downloads)
* Paid translations: NIV, NAS, NKJV, ESV, NVI (in-app purchases)
Also join Bible lexicon community on google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104475940864223988052
For help see http://biblelexicon.net/help
• Lexicon search
• Concordance search
• Bible text (multiple Bible texts can be paralleled side by side)
• Passage translator (Translate selected passage from original text)
• Vocabulary creator (Create and print vocabulary for selected passage)
• Exegetical study tool (helps you get inside the text)
• Bookmarks, Notes
• Searching by Greek/Hebrew characters, strong numbers, transliteration
• Clickable words (dialog box with further study options)
• Concordance, Bible text, Vocabulary exports
• Night mode
• Phone & Tablet layout
• Google+, Facebook, Twitter share
• Free, no ads
• And some other features…
You can vote for features or add new ones at http://feathub.com/andbiblelexicon/bible-lexicon.
Please, rate only application features, implementation, design, user-friendliness and so on. If application force closes rather write me an email or report the problem so I can make update fixing this. This way is much helpful.
- Arabic: Arabic Bible
- Chinese: Chinese Union Version Simplified, Chinese Union Version Traditional
- Czech: Bible 21, Bible kralická, Český ekumenický překlad, Český studijní překlad, Svaté Písmo - Překlad nového světa 1997
- Dutch: Statenvertaling
- English: American standard version, Bible in Basic English, Geneva Bible, King James Version, World English Bible, Young's Literal Translation
- French: French Darby Translation, French Louis Segond, La Sainte Bible
- German: Elberfelder 1905, Luther Bible
- Greek: Byzantine NT, Nestle 1904 Greek New Testament, SBL Greek New Testament, Septuagint, Textus Receptus, Westcott-Hort
- Hebrew: Aleppo Codex, Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, Westminster Leningrad Codex
- Indonesian: Terjemahan Baru
- Italian: Italian Diodati Bibbia
- Japanese: Japan Bible
- Korean: Korean ASV
- Latin: Latin Vulgate
- Polish: Biblia gdańska
- Portuguese: Almeida Revista e Corrigida
- Romanian: Dumitru Cornilescu
- Russian: Russian Synodal Bible
- Slovak: Slovenský ekumenický preklad
- Spanish: Reina-Valera, Sagradas Escrituras
- Swahili: Biblia Takatifu
- Swedish: Svenska 1917 års bibelöversättning
- Syriac: The Syriac New Testament (Peshitta)
- Tamil: Tamil BSI, Tamil WBTC
- Turkish: Turkish Bible
- Vietnamese: Vietnamese Bible
- Greek: Abridged Greek - Czech, Bartoň Uvedení do Novozákonní Řečtiny, Mounce The Basics of Biblical Greek, Strongs greek, Thayer's NT Greek Lexicon, Tichý greek
- Hebrew: Brown Driver Briggs Hebrew lexicon, Hebrew lexicon, Strongs hebrew, Weingreen hebrew
- Latin: Latin lexicon
- Works Offline
- 75 different bible translations available to download.
- Installation in SD Card (Version 2.2 or higher).
- Search words inside the Bible
- Support for small screen phones. Like the Xperia Mini
- Fix the chapter screen for different screen sizes
- Fix the bible search when the search return no match.
- Share in SMS, Twitter, Facebook, Email etc
- Night Read Mode
- Option to remove ads.
- Books in alphabetically order (optional).
- Higher fonts selection.
- Tablet layout (HD).
- Cantor Cristão
- Multi words search
- Notes (Personal Notes)
- Marker verse colors
- Copy Verse
- Talking Verse (beta)
- Reading Bible Plan
English: King James Version
English: American Standard Version
English: Basic English Bible
English: Darby Version
English: Webster\'s Bible
English: Weymouth NT
English: World English Bible
English: Young\'s Literal Translation
Spanish: Reina Valera (1909)
Spanish: Reina Valera NT (1858)
Spanish: Sagradas Escrituras (1569)
Portuguese: King James Version
Arabic: Smith and Van Dyke
Aramaic NT: Peshitta
Armenian (Eastern): (Genesis, Exodus, Gospels)
Armenian (Western): NT
Basque (Navarro-Labourdin): NT
Chamorro (Psalms, Gospels, Acts)
Chinese: NCV (Traditional)
Chinese: Union (Simplified)
Chinese: NCV (Simplified)
Chinese: Union (Traditional)
Coptic: Bohairic NT
Coptic: New Testament
Dutch Staten Vertaling
Finnish: Bible (1776)
Finnish: Pyha Raamattu (1933/1938)
French: Louis Segond (1910)
French: Martin (1744)
French: Ostervald (1996 revision)
Georgian (Gospels, Acts, James)
German: Elberfelder (1871)
German: Elberfelder (1905)
German: Luther (1545)
German: Luther (1912)
Greek NT: Byzantine/Majority Text (2000)
Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1550/1894)
Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed.
Greek NT: Westcott/Hort, UBS4 variants
Hebrew OT: Aleppo Codex
Italian: Giovanni Diodati Bible (1649)
Italian: Riveduta Bible (1927)
Latin: Nova Vulgata
Latin: Vulgata Clementina
Latvian New Testament
Manx Gaelic (Esther, Jonah, Four Gospels)
Myanmar/Burmse: Judson (1835)
Norwegian: Det Norsk Bibelselskap (1930)
Potawatomi: (Matthew, Acts) (Lykins, 1844)
Russian: Synodal Translation (1876)
Russian: Makarij Translation (Pentateuch) (1825)
Scots Gaelic (Gospel of Mark)
Tagalog: Ang Biblia (1905)
Ukrainian: NT (P.Kulish, 1871)
Bible (the βίβλια Greek, βίβλιον plural, transl. Biblion, "roll" or "book") is the religious text of sacred value for Christianity, in which the religious interpretation of human existence of reason on Earth in the Jewish perspective is narrated by humans. It is considered by the Church as divinely inspired, and it is a doctrine document.
According to tradition, accepted by most Christians, the Bible was written by 40 authors, between 1500 and 450 BC (the Old Testament) and between 45 and 90 AD (the New Testament), totaling a period of almost 1600 years. Most historians believe that the date of the first writings considered sacred is much more recent: for example, while the Christian tradition places Moses as the author of the first five books of the Bible (Pentateuch), many scholars agree that were first compiled only after the Babylonian exile, from other texts dating from the tenth and the fourth century BC. Many scholars also claim that it was written by dozens of people from different regions and nations.
According to a literal interpretation of Genesis (the first book of the Bible), man was created by God from the dust, after the heavens and the earth, between six and eight thousand years ago, and made a living after God breathed the breath of life in his nostrils.
It is the best selling book of all time with more than 6 billion copies worldwide, a number 7 times greater than the number of copies of the 2nd place of the List of 21 Books Bestsellers, The Red Book.
In the United States, the only president who did not make the oath of office with his hand on a Bible was Theodore Roosevelt (1901-1909), according to the official records of the Architect of the Capitol. John Quincy Adams (1825-1829), in his possession, according to letters written by himself, put his hand on a volume of constitutional law instead of the Bible to indicate who owned their loyalty. There are no records for former presidents John Tyler (1841-1845).
- Farsi Persian
-KJV Bible offline
-Online Search Engine like search abiblity
-3 yrs daily read plan
-user friendly navigation and verse locating
please remove any shortcut on your screen and create new one if you can't open the app,
sorry for the inconvenience!
if you could not download from google play market here,
please visit our website guanyc.com/android-apps
desktop widget with random verse
pinch to zoom font size everywhere
long touch/tap list item to enter/exit full screen mode
make navigation buttons optional for some pages
-fix search result order
-fix to keep search result for screen change
-add touch scroll(fling/swipe)
-support for 3.0 device
-change drop-down list text color (particuarly for some motorola devices)
-save settings :) hope it works
-minr fix for daily reading for 2012-1-7
the "exit/back" button is back and improved
save to sd-card for system 2.2 or later
fix the crash :)
fix font-dialog minor bug
remove adfree detector
fix swipe minor error
**improved local search**
rearrange some ui buttons
fix font-size dialog bug
fix startup failure
fix daily reading minor bug
-remember scroll position
-fix search error that some books are not indexed( try search the word 'witchcraft' in 1 Sam 15:23, if you can't find it, pls update)
-add text-to-speech, you can listen to the verses now
-other minor improvements
-make tts an option for those don't needd or want TTS feature
-bring the lacate button back in front panel
-fix tts crash
-continue reading when screen orientation change
-keep screen on for daily reading tts
-change default verse per page to whole chapter
-change default font to large system font size
-fix titles for context menu
-list fast scroll
-read a little bit slower
-remove "return" buttons
-add horizontal layout for daily reading selection and verse quick location
-listview item style
-even more large font size
-many minor improvements
-Keep Search History
-Fix TTS on ICS
-other minor improvements
-Fixed menu bug on android 3.0 and above devices
-Fixed bookmark and favorite lists minor bug
-Fixed some possible causes for Application Not Responding error
-removed verses per pages option
Fixed empty locator list error
Fixed Locator Crash error
Fixed Search Crash with *started search criteria
Red letters in bookmark, favorite and daily reading
Change the green label to orange
Fix search minor error
add context menu for search history
fix return button in search result list
add color for bookmark tag
fix minor daily reading plan bug
Move to SD Card
Improved/Reorganized User Interface
Pinch to Zoom
New Daily Reading Progress Calendar
new front page
red letters in search results
some other minor adjustments
custom search result highlight color
daily reading and search result title for sdk 2.x
fix search result limit illegal input error
A simple, powerful design will enable you to easily read the KJV Bible, navigate, search,share(through Facebook, twitter, Gmail goolge+, email, sms, evernote, bluetooth,ColorNote,Messaging, Yahoo Mail and many others), highlight verses, bookmark, make/copy/paste notes.