Run free version on Samsung Galaxy S5 w/ Android 5.0. Have used for 2 track days. Worked great. Downloaded track(s) to phone. At start of session simply press START button while in pit and but phone in center console. Stop it when back in pit. RaceChrono "finds" the track I'm at by itself, nice. Very helpful info for comparing my driving performance lap-to-lap and even session-to-session. Easy to see where I slow too early or accelerate too late/slowly. Being able to see my driving line on the map is cool. My only complaint is a limitation of the phone GPS, not RaceChrono. The 1MHz phone GPS is too slow to accurately measure position and speed at track speeds. Need to add an external Bluetooth 10MHz GPS receiver; about $150. Read RaceChrono forum for recommendations.
Almost PERFECT !!! I've been using this software for years now and it is absolutely amazing!!!! I'm racing a 1000cc bike and the difference between this app and the track official lap timer is only 0.01s! My only hope is that they will add a lean angle recorder as well to make it 100% perfect! *I'm using it with Qstarz BT-Q818XT GPS receiver in order to get accurate lap times.
The best and free I have been using this app since the symbian days. I have been using this to record laps on my motocross bike with a Qstarz 816 and has always been accurate.
Absolute shite Timed my laps at Castle Combe at 3.15-3.25. Mate on stads and gopro video timed me 1.35-1.45. A bit too far off
Best app for lap timer Must have to every track rider
Change log for v4.2.4:
- Added Air/Fuel ratio OBD-II channel
- Fixed several track auto-selection bugs
- Fixed manual track selection when no network connectivity
- Fixed export and graphs for sessions with two data logger devices
- Fixed "show relative times" setting was not saved
- Fixed rare crash in lap and video lists
- Fixed lap list summary settings were lost on every app update (will be lost once more, but fixed after that)
- Fixed sometimes mixed icons in Upgrade screen