The Vertical shaft alignment app is designed to be used with the SKF Shaft Alignment Tool TKSA 51 or TKSA 71. Together, the TKSA alignment tool and the app form an alignment system that allows vertical shaft alignments of many rotating machines to be made in an intuitive and easy way.
The system uses line laser to PSD technology that enables highly accurate and reliable shaft alignments. The TKSA 51 or TKSA 71 and the apps communicate wirelessly via Bluetooth®. Without the hardware the app can nonetheless be used, as it features a fully functional demonstration allowing the complete alignment process to be experienced before purchasing a TKSA 71 or TKSA 51.
• Very easy-to-use – The Vertical shaft alignment app is designed to make vertical shaft alignments as easy and intuitive as possible, supporting fast and accurate alignment results.
• Quick Three Point Alignment Measurements - Follow the guidance of the app and perform a full 9-12-3 measurement on the vertical shaft.
• Support for various bolt configurations – The app supports vertical shaft machines with 4, 6 or 8 bolts on a circular flange mounting and calculates corrective shim values for each bolt position to facilitate the alignment correction.
• Demonstration mode – The Vertical shaft alignment app offers a fully functional demonstration mode allowing the complete alignment process to be experienced before purchasing a supported SKF Shaft Alignment Tool.
• Automatic alignment report – Automatically generated alignment reports give a complete overview of the alignment process and results. The reports can be customized with additional notes, a machine picture and a signature. The report can easily be shared via email or cloud services.
• Easy to follow explanatory videos – Short explanatory videos are available in the help section of the app and show in easy steps how to set up and perform accurate alignment measurements.
• 3D Animations – 3D animations guide the user through the alignment process, allowing accurate shaft alignments to be performed in a very easy and intuitive way.
• Machine library and QR code scanner –Helps keeping track of the machines that have been measured. Machine information like distances, the machine picture, and other details are saved for each machine and can be reused the next time the same machine is measured. QR codes can be scanned to identify a machine and quickly retrieve its details. The library can also be used for easy access to all the reports generated for each machine in one place.
HARDWARE – SKF Shaft Alignment Tool TKSA 51 and TKSA 71:
The SKF TKSA 51 and TKSA 71 systems use a pair of measurement units that are combined with laser transmitter and detectors to measure and correct shaft alignment with high accuracy and reliability. The data is transferred in real time through Bluetooth® 4.0 LE to the app.
This app is designed to be used with the SKF Shaft Alignment Tool TKSA 51 or TKSA 71 hardware. The SKF TKSA 51 and 71 can be purchased separately from your local SKF Authorized Distributor.
The TKSA 71 and its Android application are compatible and supported with the following devices:
• Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9506) (Recommended phone)
• Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7” (SM-T230) (Recommended tablet)
SKF will continuously monitor these devices and ensure that every version of the Android App will function admirably on these devices.
In addition, the Android app has been successfully tested on the following devices:
• Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), Android 5.0.1
• Samsung Galaxy S6, Android 6.0
• Nexus 5X, Android 6.0
• Nexus 7, Android 6.0
• Nexus 9, Android 6.0
• Samsung Galaxy Tab A
• Samsung Galaxy Tab Active (SM-T360)
• Samsung Tab 3 Lite
• Galaxy Tab Pro (SM-T320), Android 4.4.2
• Ecom Tab-Ex 01 (ATEX, IECEx, CSA, NCC certifications for hazardous areas)
For more information and technical specifications about the SKF Shaft Alignment Tool, please visit our website.