Jerry the Bear is a best friend for children with type 1 diabetes. Jerry provides comfort and education in a safe environment by focusing on Jerry's simulated diabetes.
By taking care of Jerry, this app enables children to gain hands-on experience with diabetes management through play! Kids can check Jerry’s blood sugar, administer insulin using a pen or a pump, and feed Jerry a variety of foods with different carbohydrates.
• Use your camera to look into Jerry’s world, and interact with your Jerry the Bear stuffed animal!
• Practice diabetes basics by caring for Jerry.
• Check Jerry's blood sugar with a glucometer, test strips, and lancet.
• Prepare Jerry's insulin pen and dial a dose of insulin.
• Activate Jerry's infusion site to use the insulin pump.
• Jerry's Kitchen! Explore carb values in a variety of foods in the pantry and prepare a plate of food for the hungry bear!
• Learn about the effects of carbohydrates and insulin on Jerry's body.
• Jerry's Stories! Follow along as Jerry learns new sports and activities to compete in the All Star Games with 21 animated storybooks.
• Tasks with Navi. Check in with Navi, Jerry's trainer, to unlock Jerry's stories by completing a set of tasks to help take care of Jerry's diabetes!
Jerry the Bear is a free app to help children about their type 1 diabetes. To enhance play and learning, this app can be used with a companion stuffed animal available at www.jerrythebear.com.
Sproutel is a patient-centered research and development company focused on kids' health. This app is the latest in diabetes education technology, based on our original, award-winning Jerry the Bear and over 5 years of research, development, and testing with the incredible type 1 community! Learn more about us at www.sproutel.com.