I wrote this app for my own use because I hadn't found one that did what I wanted. This one does (for the most part).
It's totally free. No ads. No in-app purchases. It doesn't collect or share any personal information. The only permissions it needs are storage (for sharing and exporting recipes) and camera (for scanning printed-out recipes).
Everything should just work (again, for the most part). If you run across anything that doesn't look quite right, please leave feedback. I'll look into it. Want more features? Leave feedback or contact me.
- Search your recipes by keyword, or by a list of ingredients.
- Add a recipe by typing it in, pasting in text, scanning an image, or taking a photo. Got an old recipe book lying around? Use your camera to scan the recipes. Recipe Wizard will do its best to capture the recipe and format it correctly.
- When viewing a recipe, you can change the number of servings, or switch between imperial and metric, and Recipe Wizard will recalculate the ingredients and instructions.
- If you share the recipe you're viewing (email, IM, etc.), Recipe Wizard gives you the option of sending the original recipe, or the converted version (e.g. altered servings, metric, etc.) The recipe is sent in plain text, readable by anyone, even if they don't use Recipe Wizard.
- If you add recipes you're viewing to the grocery list, Recipe Wizard will combine ingredients from multiple recipes and give you a clean, sorted shopping list.
- Edit your grocery list. Already have a can of diced tomatoes in the pantry? Just delete that line.
- Share your grocery list. You can IM it, send it to Keep, copy it to the clipboard.
- Share your entire recipe book (email, etc.). The recipe collection will be sent in plain text that anyone can use, even without the app.
- Import and export your entire recipe collection. Useful for creating backups, or sending your collection to a new device.