Are you tired of carrying around multiple devices/ hiring a Musician? Worry no more, here is the totally free version of Your Tanpura app!
* The app supports 14 scales ranging from .G#,.A#,A, B, C, C# and so on up to A in Panchama (Shadjama and Madhyama coming soon)
* Seamless playback of the each scale will make you think that you have a real Tanpura at hand!
* App is smart enough to save the last played scale, so you don’t have to go and pick it every time
* Worried about interruptions from Incoming/Outgoing phone calls? Don’t be. We’ve made sure that App pauses during call and resumes at the end of it.
* App will continue to play in background, so you can safely put your phone in Locked mode and concentrate on your singing. Local notification will be shown when the sound file is playing.
* Found a bug? Use the Report a Bug to send us mail from within the App
* Spread the word, visit our Facebook page and drop in your valuable feedback!
--Visit http://shruti.hejje.com for PC version of Shruti Box.
--Tanpura/Tamburi and Harmonium shruti available for Hindustani and Karnataka Sangeeta (Karnataki/Carnatic Music).
--Harmonium with higher volume for 3rd octave shadja for better harmony with Yakshagana Chande
--No Madhyama and Panchama notes as in traditional Yakshagana shruti.
--Designed keeping traditional aspects of shruti in mind and after months of research on Yakshagana shruti.
--Designed in association with Yakshamitra Toronto and Hejje Systems, Markham, Canada.
ಯಕ್ಷಗಾನದ ಮೊಟ್ಟ ಮೊದಲ ತಂತ್ರಾಂಶ: ಯಕ್ಷಶ್ರುತಿ
--ಭಾಗವತಿಕೆ ಅಭ್ಯಾಸ, ವಾದ್ಯಗಳನ್ನು ಶ್ರುತಿ ಮಾಡಲು,
--ಯಕ್ಷಗಾನ ತಾಳಮದ್ದಲೆ, ಗಾಯನ ವಾದನ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮಗಳ ಅನುಕೂಲಕ್ಕೆ
--ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಮತ್ತು ಹಿಂದೂಸ್ತಾನಿ ಸಂಗೀತಕ್ಕೂ ಅನುಕೂಲ
Copyright (c) 2003 - 2014 Ragu Kattinakere, Markham, ON, Canada.
ShrutiBox for live performance and practice.
--Already in use for live Yakshagana shows in India. Example a show in Bhatkala on Jan 26th 2014.
--Can be used for tuning Maddale or any other instrument using Android phone or PC.
Pitches fine tuned for perfect match to western keys.
--Display of key names in Kannada and in traditional key colours.
--Display of key names in western names.
--Can play both Tanpura and Harmonium at preferred volumes simultaneously.
To leave feedback or for online version of the app visit www.shruti.hejje.com and visit www.yakshamitra.com to know more about our projects. Help support and promote traditional Yakshagana.
Developed by: Ragu Kattinakere
In Association with: Yakshamitra Toronto and Hejje Systems, Canada.
Musicology: Vinayak Hegde Kalbhaga, Composer, Hindustani Vocalist, New Market, ON, Canada
Harmonium Samples: Ganesh Desai, Singer, Composer, Bengaluru, India
Sound System: Param & Sharada Bhat, Richmond Hill, ON, Canada
Audio Edits/Usability: Prabha Hebbar, Hejje Systems, Markham, ON, Canada
Copyright (c) 2003 - 2014 Ragu Kattinakere, Markham, ON, Canada.
Keywords: Sur peti, Shruthi, Shruti Box, Harmonium, Reed, Tanpur, Drone, Yakshagana, Classical music, Carnatic music, Chande, Maddale, Tala, Pada, Padya, Karnataka, Kannada, Yakshamitra, Hejje Systems
Tambura caters these major Indian languages -more Languages are added as we speak.
Hindi - Top Bollywood Hits
Telugu - Latest Telugu hits and
Tamil - Kollywood's Top hits
Listen to your favorite Bollywood, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, and Gujarati music with Tambura - the most popular app for Indian music on Google Play! Plays the best songs from Bollywood, Tamil, Telugu, bhangra, bhajans
Try this and let us know what do you think, your feedback will definitely make a difference to our team.
Please share it with your friends if you like it. :-)
★ Simple UI, Even kids can use it! Everything happens in a Single page, you don’t have to navigate to a channel and come back to change it.
★ Around 30 channels in each language, and still adding (Only channels that have good quality will be screened and added with careful testing to give best user experience)
★ Displays the Current playing song information.
★ Sync the latest channels from our server instantly with a click of a button. No more dead channels and more channels will be added daily and upon request.
★ Listen to Bollywood , Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Punjabi and other popular languages
★ You can set the Sleep Timer for the Radio, the Radio plays for that time and turns itself off, You can sleep to the tunes of your favorite songs without bothering to turn off!
★ Connect to Facebook and share Thambura with friends Help us improve with your feedback!
★ Listen to unlimited songs for FREE from different languages or genres like Hindi, Oldies, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Punjabi, Bhajans, Ghazals, Pop, Remixes, Relaxation, Meditation and many more
Need any more features? just let us know we are evolving and your feedback really makes our life easy.
Like Swar Saptak this tools will prove great companion to that.
< * This is a silent app and does not generate any sound * >
Some of the things which can be fun with this app
- Practicing saragam, alankar ,swara, aakar etc.
- Doing riyaz, singing as hobbyist, pitch practice.
- Visual feedback for playing musical instrument or singing.
- Tuning any instrument for indian music mode.
- Works in live/real-time through the microphone.
- 12 Musical Notes / Swara in real-time on Indian classical musical scale.
What is NOT there in app:
- if you can not keep your eyes open while singing it may not be useful. (because the feedback is visual)
- this app does not record any music
- this app does not playback any swara.
*Easy to use
*Must have for every singer/composer
*Beautiful tone of manual tabla and tanpura
Taals : 10 taals (Dadra, Rupak, Keharwa, Matta, Jhaptal, Rudra, Ektal, Ada Chautal, Pancham Sawari, Tintal)
Tempo: 60 - 240 BPM (with increments of 1)
IN PREMIUM VERSION TOTAL TAALS: 29
Dadra - 6 beat (5 Variations) | Rupak - 7 beat cycle | Tewra-7 beat | Keharwa - 8 beat cycle (6 Variations) | Matta - 9 beat cycle | Jhaptal - 10 beat cycle |
Surfakta-10 beat | Rudre -11 beat | Chautaal - 12 beat cycle | Ektal - 12 beat cycle | Vishwa - 13 beat | Ada chautaal - 14 beat cycle |
Deepchandi - 14 beat cycle | Fardost-14 beat | Jhumra - 14 beat cycle | Pancham sawari 15 beat | Addha - 16 beat cycle | Tilwara 16 beat |
Tintal - 16 beat (2 Variations)
All of the music samples were recorded in-studio by professional musicians and are exclusive to this application. Care has been taken to ensure the highest quality audio playback, including non-destructive tempo and pitch shifting.
*** CUSTOMIZE ANYTHING! ***
- Tempo (BPM)
- Pitch (Frequency, Semi tones, cents, swar)
- Taal or Tala (including Teentaal, Dadra, Deepchandi, Ektaal and more)
TANPURA (or Tambura):
- Choose notes for strings (Sa, Re, Ga...)
SRUTI BOX (or surpeti)
- 13 individual reeds / swara
Pocket Raaga is great for anyone with interest in classical Indian, Hindustani, Carnatic, or Bollywood music. The virtual instruments (tamboura and sur peti) can be used in a concert or for riyaaz on your Droid. The tabla can even be used as a metronome for bharatanatyam or kathak!
*** DEMO ***
Audio will be restricted after 5 minutes of use. However, the restriction is reset every 30 minutes.
*** PERMISSIONS ***
- Network communication: For sending user feedback and crash reports to the developers.
- Coarse location: To better understand where the application is being used.
- Phone state: To pause playback when you receive a phone call.
- Shows the name of note or shruti, currently being played.
- Shows frequency of a note being played.
- Shows the equivalent or nearest western note being played.
- Shows the frequency of 'Sa' / base note of octave.
- Shows the distance from nearest perfect note.
For information on how to use app, please visit http://shrutituner.blogspot.in
This app is based on the research of 22 Shrutis by Dr. Vidyadhar Oke ( http://www.22shruti.com )
The application contains pictures and sounds of following musical instruments
Pungi / Been
Good application to play with
Specially for classical singer to practice singing.
you can play tabla's bol..
you can select the appropriate scale of tanpura
you can record your voice+tabla+tanpura and share across all over media
you can also upload your recording file on the dropbox also.....
I am a signal processing engineer by profession and Hindustani classical singer by passion. I have developed this app after rigorous analysis of the resonance of instrument. Connect your android device to good speakers and enjoy the sound in high fidelity. Ideally place the speakers at least 3 to 4 feet away for the best effect.
I have included several digitized tanpura profiles. Use them and adjust the tempo/pluck-style to get the best combination that suits your taste.
The fully functional version will run for few minutes before terminating.
FYI : My great grand father made wonderful tanpuras from wood, about 80 years ago and in this digital age I have taken to computing !!! I will update the app with the profile of the only available tanpura he made..
* About Bheema Tanpura *
"This application takes its name from one of the greatest hindustani classical singers of our times, Pt Bhimsen Joshi, the maestro of Kiraana School of North-Indian classical music. He has been an inspiration for me and I belong to his school of Music; this software is a tribute to that great personality"
Enjoy the Naada and your new pair of tanpuras
* Acknowledgements *
Calcutta tanpura : Courtesy, Omkarnath Havaldar of Bangalore
Current Features of Shadjam:
- Thousands of Ragas with information and playback of Aarohana and Avarohana for each Raga
- Search or Browse Ragas by name or by Swaras
- Moorchana / Scale playback for all ragas
- Sruti / Pitch adjustment
- Gati / Tempo adjustment
- Continuous playback option in loop
- Raga info can be shared
- Ragas and Composers can be searched from the global android search by enabling Shadjam in search options. E.g; Google Now, QSB.
- Information about 35 Talas per 'Suladi Sapta Tala' scheme. Talas can be looked up by Tala name and Tala Jaati
- Audio playback for all talas
- Tempo / BPM adjustment
- Continuous playback option in loop
- Tala info can be shared
- Brief biography of well-known Carnatic composers (Vaggeyakara)
- Search or Browse composers by name
- Carnatic lessons for learners. Current lessons include: Sarali, Janta & Datu Swaras, Alankarams, Geetams, Swarajatis, Varnams and other non-carnatic songs with notes. Lessons will be updated on a regular basis.
- Basic Lessons can be played in any of the 72 Melakarta ragas
- Playback options: 5 speed variations, 128 instruments, Pitch adjustment, repeated playback
- Glossary with information about key terminology of Carnatic Music (Ragam, Talam, Sruti, etc.)
- Usage info
- Change themes with dark and light variations of different colors to suit your mood and style
- Configure default Sruti/pitch
- Configure default instrument for Lessons
- Enable extended list of Ragas, which includes thousands of Ragas. Please note that it takes a little while to load the long list of Ragas. If you think you are seeing too many not so well-known ragas in your Raga page, disable this option. You can enable it anytime.
- Enable background playback. Sometimes you might want to turn off your screen or switch to another app while practicing lessons. Enable this setting to keep the audio in Shadjam running while you take care of other things.
Please email your feedback, suggestions, feature requests and issues, if any, to the developer (Shadjam.Carnatic@gmail.com) or post them in our social network pages in Google+, Facebook or Twitter.
Please download the PRO version @
This will not contain full list of Raagas. Please download PRO version to see full list of Raagas. You can still continue using the FREE version.
"Raga" is a melodic mode used in Indian classical music. It is a rhythmic expression of a mood in Indian melody. "Indian Classical Ragas" is an e-Learning application where you can learn the Ragas by knowing Aaroh, Avaroh, Vaadi, Samvaadi, Prahar and some more information. Application also displays the list of famous hindi songs based on the ragas for reference.
We are in continuous process of adding more and more songs to the application hence you can expect more frequent updates to the application. Application works very well on mobile devices as well as tablet devices.
Application shows few Devnagari letters like "Swara's". To view them correctly; we would recommend using the application on Android version 4.2+; though few earlier versions are able to render the application without any issues. Our recommendation to use 4.2 is because; Android has officially started supporting Indic Fonts from version 4.2
We are adding support for viewing the application in English and Hindi.. hence stay tuned.
You are most welcome to send your suggestion to us t email@example.com.