Have a Plan. Register. Have a Back Up Plan. Make Roll Call. Get Selected. Get Airborne.
Or search for and access Local Info--before you depart, just after arrival, anytime.
MilSpaceA app allows authorized U.S. government users to register for Department of Defense (DoD) military space-available travel. It is the exclusive app for all DoD travelers wanting a quick, easy, reliable, and authorized means to sign up for Space-A at primary departure terminals.
VISITING FAMILY MEMBERS and TDY military & contractors are now using MilSpaceA app as well--there's MUCH MORE here than just space-a signup.
Expanded LOCAL INFO: billeting, car rental, dining, BX/PX/NEX/MCX info, links to air terminals' pages, USOs & more.
AIRCRAFT GALLERY: depictions & basic descriptions of DoD pax aircraft
TRAVEL ADVISORIES - announcements of temporary conditions affecting space-a
SIGNUP ARCHIVE - stored in-app (as well as in user's own e-mail "Sent" items)
FOREIGN CURRENCY - daily exchange rates for AOIs
DOCUMENT LIBRARY: key space-a documents: policy, guides, handbooks, AMCGrams
ENHANCED ONLINE MAPPING: Your location relative to points of interest in the app (requires active geolocation & Internet access).
First, browse through "Airfields of Interest" so you can call ahead to various terminals (call-enabled; just tap the number). Or visit terminals’ flight schedule pages (if they have them--most don't) Then fill in your details, select departure airfields & destination countries & send out the signup to register for travel. Some terminals will reply; most will not. Just keep a copy of e-mail(s) as proof of signup
• Remote space-a registration for multiple airfields. Prepare signups off- or online--then transmit when you have connectivity
• Multi-branch terminal support (Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Guard & Reserve)
• Complies with Air Mobility Command rules: Signups generated by you, your e-mail as the sender and reply-to address. Copies saved directly in your e-mail Sent items, retrievable anytime
• Data privacy: No SSAN required. Exclusive AMC-authorized Pseudo Person ID (PPID) auto-created. (Some Navy locations still insist on SSANs--contact them directly after signup to pass SSAN). (Some Navy locations still insist on SSANs--contact them directly after signup to pass SSAN)
• Full control of your data, ability to purge anytime
Policies governing space-a travel are implemented in DoD Directive 4515.13-R (Air Transportation Eligibility) and AMCI 24-101 Vol 14. Determine your eligibility before registering for travel. CONTACT YOUR LOCAL TERMINAL if you have any questions of eligibility. Refer to http://www.amc.af.mil/amctravel for current official AMC policy. Utilize and support pepperd.com, spacea.net & takeahop.org for unofficial discussions, info, and desktop-based space-a signup.
Only after military mission requirements are met will remaining seats be offered up for space-a. Be prepared for delays or short-notice diversions. Space-A is a privilege, not a right--movement is never guaranteed. UNDERSTAND THE BASICS OF SPACE-A before signing up.
More about Take-a-Hop
Since inception, Take-a-Hop has generated over 1,000,000 signups. Trusted by passengers and passenger service agents (PSAs) alike. Used by thousands of DoD travelers. Solely managed by a USAF veteran who has also traveled military space-a & knows what travelers are up against. MilSpaceA app is not endorsed by the US Federal Government, DoD, or any branch thereof. And still, it's a name recommended by thousands and earning your trust for years now.
Thanks and Happy Travels!
WEB at www.takeahop.com/app
LIKE on www.facebook.com/takeahop
FOLLOW on www.twitter.com/takeahop