Take a self-guided walking tour of organized crime history in the neighborhood of Little Italy in New York City.
Follow walking directions and see everything on an offline map with no internet connection required for this tour by foot..
Learn about the rise of the Italian Mafia known as La Cosa Nostra including:
- Early black hand gangs and their violent tactics
- The curb exchange where liquor was sold during prohibition
- Giuseppe Morello, the first American mafia don
- Joe "the Boss" Masseria, the most powerful prohibition-era gangster
- Lucky Luciano and the creation of the five families and the commission
- John Gotti, the dapper don, and his social club
- Crazy Joey Gallo and the restaurant where he was gunned down
Also see locations from Mafia movies including The Godfather and Donnie Brasco.
Add comments and share photos to Facebook or Twitter.
Even if you're not in New York, take an armchair sightseeing tour using this as a virtual travel guide.