Krazy Keyboard challenges your memory as well as your ability to stay focused under pressure. You're presented with a "word" consisting of a string of five letters selected at random that you need to type out within 2 minutes. Sounds easy? The problem is that the keyboard is rearranged randomly each time you play so you don't know where the keys are: the "Q" key may be changed to the "F", the "W" to "N", etc.
Once you've succeeded in typing out in a single word, you can try to type 2 words within 4 minutes, 3 within 6 minutes, etc., up to 10 words within 20 minutes. All this is at the Beginner level. After you've gotten past Beginner, you can try out Intermediate, which gives you only 90 seconds per word, then Expert for 60 seconds a word and finally the Master level, where you only get 45 seconds per word. And if you're really up for a challenge, try increasing the word length from the minimum of five up all the way up to ten.
By checking the Order important: checkbox, the app will require that the order of the letters in the word you type out match that of the presented word; in other words, you must type in the word exactly as shown. With the box unchecked, you may enter the letters in any order and after you've entered all the correct letters, the app will rearrange them into the proper order.
We have found that one of the best ways to improve your working memory using Krazy Keyboard is to practice until you can consistently master each of the following steps in turn:
1. One word, five letters in length, letters entered in any order. This is the default setting.
2. Repeat Step 1 with longer words, first six letters, then seven, etc., up to ten.
3. After you are able to beat the game with single ten-letter words, try increasing the number of words, up to the maximum of ten words.
4. After becoming proficient with ten ten-letter words, try selecting the Order important: setting with a single five-letter word. You will need to type in the letters in the same order they are in the challenge word.
5. Repeat Steps 2 and 3.
6. Finally, change the Difficulty level: setting in turn to Intermediate, Expert and then Master.
You'll probably find that the more you play Krazy Keyboard, the more your working memory will improve. The author has found that, after several weeks of training with Krazy Keyboard at the Beginner level, one glance at his shopping list was enough to store it in his memory when he went to the store. Previously, he had to not only bring the list with him, but also glance at it from time to time.
By upgrading the app, you get the following additional features:
1. Increase the number of words in play from one to up to ten.
2. Increase the length of a challenge word from five to up to ten.
3. Specify whether the letters typed need to be in the correct order or not.
4. Additional difficulty levels beyond Beginner (Intermediate, Expert and Master).
5. Display your relative ranking among the rest of the Krazy Keyboard user community.
Try Krazy Keyboard today for free and supercharge your memory!