VTech Kid Connects lets you keep in touch with your child even when you are away from home.
VTech Kid Connect works with VTech's InnoTab® children's tablets* to allow kids to communicate between their InnoTab®, Android phone or other smartphones. All contacts must be approved by parents before any communication can take place. It's completely safe for your child!
NOTE: Kid Connect is meant for communication between an InnoTab® and a smartphone. Smartphone users cannot add other smartphone users without an InnoTab® user in the group.
WHY USE KID CONNECT?
• STAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR CHILD ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. Kid Connect uses an Internet connection to let you communicate with your child even when you are away from home - anywhere in the world. Parents can also add family members and friends to the child's Friends List, so grandparents can stay close too.
• KID SAFE. All contacts must be approved by parents before communication can take place. Users who are not on a child's Friends List cannot contact your child.
• GOOD FOR ALL AGES! Even the youngest kids can use Kid Connect to share voice messages**, photos**, drawings, stickers, and pre-recorded messages. And as children grow, they will be able to share text messages too!
• GROUP CHAT. With Group Chat, your child can communicate and share with multiple family members or friends at the same time.
• SHARE MOMENTS. Parents can easily share photos** or drawings from their children and post them to social media sites with a single touch.
• IT'S FUN! You can customize your Kid Connect avatar with your photo, or choose one of several cartoon designs. There are also fun stickers and pre-recorded messages. Your child can even use the voice changer** to record a robot voice or a mouse voice!
USING KID CONNECT
One parent will receive a Kid Connect ID and password when they register their VTech device. That parent is considered the account owner and can use this app to manage their child's Friends List. They can:
• Send friend requests on behalf of their child
• Accept or reject friend requests their child receives
The parent who is the account owner is automatically added to their child's Friends List. The other parent and other family members will have to sign up for a separate account and be added to their child’s list as a Friend.
Other Family Members:
You must get parental approval before you can contact a child. Once you've signed up for a Kid Connect account, let the child's parent know your Kid Connect ID so they can send you a Friend request.
* Kid Connect works with InnoTab® MAX and all InnoTab® 3S models only.
** A parent must consent to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) before their child is allowed to send photos and voice messages. Log in to your VTech Parent Account on Learning Lodge for instructions.
For more details about VTech, please visit our website: