Copy (almost) any text on the screen and share screenshots with two taps!
1. Open the settings and set Copy as the default assist app.
2. Long-press the home button to activate Copy on any screen.
3. Tap on highlighted text to copy it. Long-press to share. Tap the image button to share the screenshot.
Completely free. No ads. Zero permissions. 😊
1. Apps can prevent Copy from accessing the screen. For example, when DRM protected media is playing (Netflix) or the app has been flagged as 'secure' (banking apps).
2. Copy works by analyzing app layouts. Some apps report incorrect layout information which might cause text to be not copy-able, misaligned text boxes, and overlapping text boxes.
3. Some device manufacturers overwrite the default behavior of the Home button long-press action, which causes Copy to not show up. In that case, please check the Settings of your device. For example, the long-press action on OnePlus phones can be changed at Settings > Buttons > Home Button > Long Press Action.
4. Copy replaces Google Now on Tap / Google Assistant but you can switch back at any time. Simply open the assist settings again and select the Google app. There can only be one assist app set at a time. This is a limitation of Android. If Copy is not set as the default assist app, it cannot access the screen.
5. Devices running Android 7.0 and 7.1 have a bug that breaks the assistant functionality after a reboot. If your device is affected, you have to open the assist settings after rebooting your device. Simply opening the settings will re-enable Copy. As far as I am aware, all assist apps are affected by this bug, with the exception of the Google Assistant.
6. Screenshots taken by Copy do not contain system UI elements and are not detected by apps like Snapchat and Instagram.
If you encounter a problem, please contact me at email@example.com instead of using the Play Store review system.
Reviews and responses to reviews are limited in length and a back-and-forth is not possible.
If you like Copy, please do not forget to post a review! Thank you!