World In Sign Europe GmbH (WIS™ EU) now offers with this free "WIS Emergency" an accessible emergency call app system for deaf, hard of hearing and speech impaired people who also want to report an emergency in sign language.
In case the app is not handy in case of emergency, we have a mobile emergency button for this purpose, which is connected to our app and further described via our website - Click here: https://worldinsign.de/wis-barrierefreier-notruf/
The special feature of this emergency call app is that in case of an emergency the affected user (w/m/d) can send an emergency call to our WIS Sign Language Interpreter - Center as well as to the police or fire department / rescue services in German-speaking countries (D, A, CH, LI) and abroad (worldwide) to the responsible embassies / consulates.
In the current test phase, our sign language interpreting center is available for the first time Monday - Friday from 8am - 3pm German time, as we have not yet received government funding for a 24/7 service.
- Emergency call incl. 5 W-questions (Who, Where, When, How many people, What happened) and photo/sound documentation (evidence) as well as emergency passport.
- Emergency call transmission within seconds via email, SMS, fax, chat, video telephony as well as an emergency call receipt for the user
- Precise localization via GPS, GSM radio networks, WLAN, beacons
- Exact emergency profile for police, fire department / rescue services
BARRIER FREEDOM (Inclusion / Participation):
Accessible emergency call without call, without speech, without local / language knowledge without manual fax and SMS emergency messages.
See video / interview with sign language and subtitles: https://youtu.be/WfHWPdiZDao
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR INSTALLATION:
So that you get optimized help in case of emergency, please complete all details in the menu items "SOS data" and "Helper".
Please select 5 trusted persons from your contact list with mobile phone number and email.
For the complete, one-time setup you need only a few minutes.
- Free updates
- Free technical support
- WIS Emergency is initially available in English, French, German language versions (more languages to follow).
World In Sign Europe GmbH (WIS™ EU) is the licensee of App-Sec-Network® UG in Germany.
WIS Emergency was further developed in cooperation with the emergency app HandHelp™ by App-Sec-Network® UG, which already exists since 2014, especially for and by deaf people.
App-Sec-Network® UG has a granted European patent that has been validated in 21 countries.
Granted European patent in the emergency call system: EP 3010213
AUTOMATED SENDING OF AN EMERGENCY MESSAGE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY CALL