What ingredients are in my skincare lotion, shower gel, or face cream? What is the purpose of these ingredients? Which substances do I prefer? Which do I want to avoid? Which should I avoid?
The COSMILE app is a neutral and independent shopping aid for cosmetic products. Based on a continuously updated database of nearly 30,000 ingredients (according to INCI - International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients), the actual composition of products can be digitally displayed - "Know what's in it".
The COSMILE app is highly dynamic - it is constantly being expanded to include products and the respective INCI information, making it a reliable shopping aid. The products are not rated. This remains the decision-making process of the responsible and well-informed consumer.
With the COSMILE app, you can configure your personal INCI filter and then match it with products. Simply scan the barcode on the packaging. If a product is not yet in our database, you can capture the INCI information on the package with your camera. The COSMILE app reads the ingredients using text recognition. Alternatively, you can also enter an ingredient directly into the search screen.
The COSMILE app informs you about:
- which ingredients are contained in the product and what they entail
- the functions of these ingredients in the product
- ingredients that you, as an allergy sufferer, should avoid if necessary
- scientific assessments/opinions on ingredients and their safe use in the product
- product recalls in the field of body and beauty care
- background knowledge (FACTs) on topics discussed in public, e.g., microplastics or parabens (preservatives)
- certified seals/labels for the segment "natural and organic cosmetics" (NATRUE, COSMOS), "vegan", "vegetarian", ...
Individual options for you:
- Determine product favorites to create a personal product shelf with automatic update of ingredients
- Set personal filters for the selection of ingredients
- NEW "Contact Allergens" filter option - ingredients of cosmetic products for which a potential allergic sensitization/reaction is known can be filtered to enable contact avoidance
Advantages of the COSMILE app "Know what's in it" - the PLUS when shopping
- Consideration of the current formulations in the specific product
- Reliable product data uploaded by the manufacturers
- Avoidance of outdated or incorrect information
- Scientific assessments and evaluations by the relevant authorities
- More detailed information on the ingredients
- Free of charge and free of advertising