GRETA - your app for magical shared big-screen moments! The GRETA app plays different special versions at the cinema and at home. This way, foreign language speakers and people with visual or hearing impairments are able to experience and enjoy films together in the same cinema hall.
The GRETA app currently offers the following features (not all features are available in all countries at this point, please check the details in the app):
Multilingual dubbing, subtitles, and original versions
Audio versions: English original versions, as well as dubbed versions in Spanish, French, Ukrainian, Turkish and more
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French, Ukrainian, Turkish and more
Audio description for visually impaired film fans
SDH subtitles for film fans with hearing impairments
NEW: Sound amplification for film fans with hearing impairments and hearing aid users
COMING SOON: Sign language videos
- The film sound combined with the audio description lets you enjoy the film with the original film sound and actors’ voices, whether you are at home or on the go.
The app automatically recognises the film sound at the cinema and at home and plays the selected special version in sync with the film. The syncing only takes a few seconds.
With GRETA, you can finally experience films the easy way. You can now watch any film in any cinema at any time, alone or with your friends. We provide the films on behalf of the film distributors.
This is how it works:
Install GRETA, register using a strong password, and download the desired version, ideally while you are still at home (WiFi). When the film starts, all you need to do is press “Play”, and the app automatically recognises the film sound. Don’t forget to take your favourite headphones! Of course, you can pause GRETA at any time, and when you carry on, the selected version always starts automatically at the correct point of the film. Sounds easy? It is easy!
For multilingual versions: The app checks if the time of the show is correct and whether you are actually at the cinema. Please allow accurate localisation. After a successful check, a play button appears, and the film fun can start.
Special features of this app:
• Compatible with Android 8.0 / iOS 14.0 onwards
• You can go to any cinema of your choice at any time, autonomously and independently
• Get started right away and try GRETA so you can experience magical shared film moments.
• Can be used in any cinema with any film (local language)
• Straightforward and simple to use
• Flawless, reliable performance at the cinema and at home (DVD, VoD, Blu-Ray)
• An integrated stop function enables you to pause the film version at any time
• Needless to say, you can also sync all versions manually at any time and adjust the volume of the spoken audio versions as well as the font size of the subtitles • For film enthusiasts who have a visual or hearing impairment: You don’t need anyone to accompany you, nor someone to whisper in your ear or point out what is being said or what is happening on the screen