The app for the island of Norderney on the North Sea is particularly suitable for all water sports enthusiasts (especially sailors, kiters, wave and wind surfers) but also very helpful for "non-water sports enthusiasts" among holidaymakers and residents and "sun worshipers". It offers extensive information on weather, wind, beaches, surfing and kite spots, traffic, restaurants, the campsite and other accommodations, events etc. This app is being further developed and we look forward to your suggestions.
This free app is financed by the occasional full-page advertising displayed at the bottom of the screen - if you click on it, you will support the further development of the app. If you are annoyed by the advertising, you can buy a supplement under the menu item "Advertising away" that hides the additional advertising away. Please test the free app first to see if it works properly on your device.
In addition to climate tables with average day, night and water temperatures as well as sunshine hours and rainy days, this app also contains travel checklists for your first-aid kit and your holiday luggage, which you can refine yourself and use again on your next vacation. You put a tick behind the things that you have already packed with a tap of your finger. Before the next vacation, you can remove all hooks with one click. In addition, we also have a look at the history and our short beach overview, as well as our excursion tips for those in a hurry. You can also keep a travel diary within the app and there is also a currency converter.
Furthermore, there is a collection of relevant websites for the region and gives you the opportunity to access all information that is interesting for your stay on Norderney or for you as a fan of Norderney as easily as possible on the Internet:
- Weather forecasts with water temperature, tides and current measurements
- rain radars
- Wind forecasts with wind maps
- Spot guides for kiters and windsurfers
- Traffic situation in East Frisia
- Timetables of local transport on Norderney and the Verkehrsverbund Bremen / Niedersachsen
- timetables of the Norderney ferry
- Events and news
- Facebook page of Norderney
- Access to restaurants and beach bars
- Overview of the campsites on Norderney and direct links as well as a map of the places
- Where to park
- Direct connection to various agencies for accommodation, especially holiday apartments
- Contact details of the various tourist information
- Link to the "Norderneyer Morgen Online"
- Link to the Facebook page of "Mein Norderney" with nice current photos
- Overview of the hippest beaches
- Nudist and dog beaches
- barrier-free beaches
- Information on the golf course, riding stables and tennis on Norderney
So that you get all information as up-to-date as possible, most menu items are linked via links to the Internet and thus represent a kind of favorite collection so that you can get the information you want quickly without having to type in search terms or Internet addresses. Depending on the speed of your internet connection and the size of the website displayed, the times for displaying the information can vary and - especially with videos - can cause greater data consumption.
We would be happy to receive your ideas and suggestions for the further development of the app at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, the app works on a few devices such as certain tablets with Intel CPU and Android 5.1.1 not yet! For all problems with the app, we would also be happy to receive an email.