Checkpoint-S is a free Android app to support substitution treatment and reflection on consumption. It is developed in close cooperation with patients and practitioners in order to create a tool that is tailored directly to the needs of the user. Various functions are intended to support patients in everyday life and help them to better understand their individual behavior.
Checkpoint-S is the result of a research project at the Merseburg University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with addiction aid facilities in Halle (Saale) and Berlin. Updates and add-ons for the app will be provided at regular intervals until the end of March 2022.
What functions does the app offer?
* Substitution diary: Here you can document your prescribed substitution drug with dose and time of use. When you enter it for the first time, the app creates your personal substitution plan. The daily confirmation of intake gives you an overview of whether and when you have taken your substitute. It is also possible to enter depot medication.
* Wellbeing diary: In this area you can write down your physical and emotional wellbeing every day. For this you can choose from four states of mind. You can also record the reasons for your moods. A graphic tells you when you felt how and what the most common reasons for your positive or negative well-being were. This can help you in the future to avoid negative influences and to care more about positive impulses for your life.
* Consumption pressure diary: You can use a slider to record how strong or weak your consumption pressure and thus your desire for certain substances was. Here, too, you can state what the reasons for high or low consumption pressure were or what influenced the urge. This data can also be visualized in the statistics area. In this way you can find out how the substitution drug works for you, what things in life are good for you and what you should rather avoid.
* Consumption diary: This diary offers you the opportunity to note down all substances consumed or the like, such as hours of play, with reasons. With the help of the diagrams, you can later see whether there are certain regularities that keep you going to consume.
* Goals diary: Here you can set personal goals and track how you are progressing on your way on a daily basis. Such goals could include eating regularly, exercising, meeting friends, or going for a walk.
* Reminders: You can create notifications that remind you of appointments, diary entries or medication intake, for example. Or you can use it to send motivational messages to yourself.
* Data security: The app is provided with a pin protection so that nobody has unauthorized access to your sensitive data. You can set it when you first use it or later in the settings. All your data is only stored in the app and will not be passed on to third parties. No internet is required to use the app. Nobody is allowed to unlock your phone without your consent. If you still feel uncomfortable entering certain substances, you can replace them with “code names”.
* Data export: You can export your collected data to a spreadsheet. This gives you the opportunity to share your data with your practitioners. You alone decide whether you want to share the data.
* Tutorials: The use of the app should be made easier for you by means of tutorials. The individual functions are explained in a video. You can find these directly in the app, on YouTube or on our website.
More information about the stand, planning and development is available at www.checkpoint-s.de.