“Exercise Values” is a program for children of primary school age and beyond. A solid understanding of importance is one of the most important goals in learning mathematics in elementary school, and it is fundamental for successful further learning in secondary school.
"Practicing values" trains the understanding of the relationship between ...
- numerals ("twenty-seven")
- Numbers (27)
- Quantities (two tens and seven ones)
In eight different modules you will be given tasks in which you will do your
Can practice number comprehension.
You can choose between two basic modules for sorting and bundling quantities and six exercise modules for laying, writing, listening and reading out numbers.
“Practicing places” helps you to distinguish between tens, units and hundreds with certainty.
- practice up to 100 or 1000
- Bundle and unbundle quantities
- Sort hundreds, tens and ones
- Read out numbers and type in
- Set and move quantities by touching them
- see how many tasks have already been completed
Many functions will help you with this:
- Selection of the number range (two or three-digit numbers)
- Detailed tutorials for the individual modules
- Voice input and speech recognition
- Automatic feedback with solution tips
- Documentation of progress
- Multitouch technology
- Lasso function for selecting several objects
- Clean-up function for a clear arrangement
You can find a didactic commentary on the app here:
The didactic design of the app was designed by Axel Schulz (University of Bielefeld) and Daniel Walter (Technical University of Dortmund). The software was programmed by Marcel Moiser (Technical University of Dortmund).
The app was developed as part of the 'Maths Safe' (https://mathe-sicherheit-koennen.dzlm.de) project, which is supported by the Deutsche Telekom Foundation.