This free version includes Interactive Phonemic Charts for British English and American English. Tap to hear a sound, or tap and hold to hear the sound and an example word.
In the Premium version (now available) you can look up, listen to and record words in the WORDLIST; PRACTISE your pronunciation skills; test yourself with the pronunciation QUIZZES; and LEARN with Top Tips, videos and more!
FREE VERSION FEATURES:
- Interactive Phonemic Chart with high quality audio
- Work in British or American English, and switch between them at any time
- ‘Introduction to the Chart' video
- Tasters of both the Practice and Quiz modes from the Premium version
IN ADDITION, THE PREMIUM VERSION INCLUDES:
- Vocabulary Wordlist (with over 650 words):
> Phonemic transcriptions and audio
> Record your own pronunciation
- Practice Activities (Listen, Read and Write)
- Quizzes ('3 Minutes' & '3 Lives' modes)
- Top Ten Tips for Students
- Top Ten Tips for Teachers
- ‘Teaching with the Chart' workshop video
For more information about the chart, the choice of vocabulary included in the Wordlist, and the benefits of Sounds: The Pronunciation App for both language teachers and students, visit the website at www.soundspronapp.com
PLEASE NOTE: QVGA 240 x 320 resolution not supported.
You can look up and listen to words and phrases in the WORDLIST, plus record and compare your own pronunciation. If you’re using a Macmillan coursebook, you can now buy additional wordlists directly inside the app.
PRACTISE your pronunciation reading, writing and listening skills
Test yourself with one of the pronunciation QUIZZES
LEARN with lesson plans, videos and top tips for teachers, and study hints for students
COMPLETE FEATURE LIST:
► Interactive Phonemic Chart (British and American English) with high quality audio - tap to hear a sound, or tap and hold to hear the sound and an example word.
► Work in British or American English, and switch between them at any time.
► Vocabulary Wordlist (with over 650 words):
- Phonemic transcriptions and audio
- Record your own pronunciation
- Purchase new wordlists from directly inside the app. Wordlists are available for popular Macmillan coursebooks, as well as topic-based lists. New wordlists feature vocabulary, phrases and audio recordings.
- Turn stress marks on or off to view the primary stress mark in the Wordlist, Practice and Quiz sections.
► Practice Activities (Listen, Read and Write).
► Quizzes (‘3 Minutes’ & '3 Lives' modes) for listening, reading and writing.
► ‘Introduction to the Chart' video featuring Adrian Underhill.
► Three downloadable lesson plans for teaching with the Sounds app.
► Top Ten Tips for Teachers.
► Top Ten Tips for Students.
► ‘Teaching with the Chart' – complete workshop video with Adrian Underhill.
► Full Instructions.
For more information about the phonemic chart, the choice of vocabulary included in the Wordlists, and the benefits of Sounds: The Pronunciation App for both language teachers and students, visit the website at www.soundspronapp.com
The Common Core Foundational Skills 1st Grade states:
Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds
a. Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
b. Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds (phonemes),
including consonant blends.
c. Isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in
spoken single-syllable words.
d. Segment spoken single-syllable words into their complete sequence of
individual sounds (phonemes).
All of these foundational skills are covered in this Phonics Awareness app, making it very usable in any first grade school core program. Over 400,000 people agree. Phonics Awareness is an app any teacher or parent can trust! The check yourself section allows the parent or teacher to see the child’s progress on these skills, allowing them to catch up or keep up with their peers. Using this section as a pretest will target the student’s individual needs.
There are three sections in this app: vowels, diphthongs and consonants.
• Pure vowels are arranged according to mouth shape (left to right, lips wide / round - top to bottom, jaw closed / open).
• Diphthongs are grouped in rows according to their second sound.
• ‘x’ has two sounds, namely, /ks/ and /gz/. These two sounds are not represented in the standard IPA chart; they are put here for the sake of completeness.
• The letter ‘q’ is always followed by the letter ‘u’. Together, they make the /kw/ sound.
- Words written in black or red for ease of reading
- Clear and good quality audio
If you have suggestions or comments on how we can improve this app, whether in content or functionality, please send us your feedback. If you feel this app is useful, please share it with your friends.
e-mail us at: email@example.com
With this English Pronunciation Training application, you will learn some important topics about speaking English properly such as:
- Short vowels
- Long vowels
- Double vowel sounds
- Voiced consonants
- Voiceless consonants
- Other consonants
- Mouth and tongue positions when pronouncing sounds
- Voiced and unvoiced sounds
Moreover, there are some unique features that helps you learn to pronounce English better:
- You can hear the pronunciation and many examples about that.
- You can tap on the words in practice area to hear the correct pronunciation of that word
- Pronunciation videos with phonetics letters that helps you know the right way to pronounce a word
- You can view your progress
- You can earn points after making correct pronunciations
Speech with Milo: Verbs is centered on an adorable and energetic mouse named Milo. Milo performs over 100 actions, such as bounce, count, and play. This provides an engaging way to build up an action word vocabulary in the child. Flash cards are typically used for this type of exercise, but the animation that comes with Milo will keep any child focused and attentive. And most important- it is fun!
The app comes with two sets of instructions- one for Speech Therapists and one for Parents. This app can be used for infants and toddlers, as well as children with language delays.
About the app:
- Used in therapy for children with special needs, such as: Autism / Asperger Syndrome, Down Syndrome, developmental delays, cognitive delays, speech and language delays.
- Fun and affordable
- Milo, an animated mouse, keeps children interested and motivated to learn.
- Instructions for Speech Therapists and Parents
- Verb is spoken as the action is completed to reinforce action with auditory input. There is an option to turn this feature off.
- Written verb is displayed at the bottom of the screen to reinforce reading skills.
- Phrase button allows child to listen to a sentence using the verb.
- Milo takes a break every once in a while with some cheese and a dance. The child gets to feed Milo some cheese and watch him dance as a reward for his/her hard work.
- You may customize the actions that Milo performs. On List of Actions from the Home Page, you can do the following: random order, alphabetical order, or select your own custom set of verbs to work on by touching the word(s) in list of actions to activate/deactivate blue button.
Background music can be turned off if it is too distracting for the child
Articulation Coach is a portfolio of apps which provides an extensive library of word cards covering the full range of sounds children often have difficulty producing. The individual apps focus on specific sounds and include a selection of 75 words targeting their initial, medial, and final position as well as the common blends. Meticulously crafted to support a wide range of android devices the Articulation Coach apps are super easy to use even for youngsters, simply swipe and repeat. They are primarily intended to be used for targeted articulation practices at home, a critical ingredient in any speech correction strategy. All in all, a much more engaging way to practice articulation than the traditional worksheets or flashcards.
We encourage you to try Articulation Coach – “P” which is available free of charge – we hope you like it and will check out other apps in the series.
Milo is back to bring you Sequencing exercises like you have never used before! Enjoy 35 dynamic sequencing exercises using animation to keep your child engaged. Speech with Milo: Sequencing was created by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist to help children develop sequencing and storytelling skills. The adorable mouse Milo brings a friend along this time to entertain and help your child.
★★★★★ "This app developer really understands what SLP's find valuable in an app that is used in a therapy setting."
★★★★★ "I use the Milo apps on a daily basis in therapy and the children remain engaged and truly enjoy playing and learning with Milo. This app is a must buy."
Build basic sequencing skills by ordering three cards showing Milo and Melvin performing a task. For example, cards showing Milo “Washing Hands” and “Going to the Movies” are presented in random order. The child is tasked with putting the cards in order by dragging the images into the appropriate box (numbered 1-3). Once the child has put the cards in order, they are provided with the option to play the animation demonstrating the sequence of events. The app is provided with configurable options to view hints, hear the sentence aloud, ‘success’ sounds, etc. Forget those $15 Sequencing cards at the educational stores- this is much more fun for your child.
Watch the YouTube demo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiZ-IBPC6gU
Speech with Milo first became popular amongst Speech-Language Pathologists and parents with apps to help children build language skills with Verbs and Prepositions. The Verbs app represented the education category for the Mobile Premier Awards and was embraced by the parent community. Now Milo returns to help build critical sequencing skills.
The app comes with a set of instructions written by a licensed SLP to help you work with your child.
These are the language skills you will be targeting with this app:
•Storytelling and/or retelling
•Time concepts “first,” “next,” and “last”
•Increasing utterance length
•Developing complex sentences
•Improving grammatical skills
The TALKING AROUND TOWN game has a simple and clean interface created to give families a fun and easy tool to use with their child to practice their speech sounds. Families are busy and it can be hard finding the time to work on ‘speech’ with all of the homework, activities and chores to be done. Children can also do well with their sounds when they are sitting at the table but forget to include them in less structured activities and locations.
Speech sound production is a motor task and once your child has learned their sound it takes practice- practice -practice like any other motor skill (e.g., typing or playing an instrument) for them to use it with ease.
As the saying goes ‘practice makes perfect’.
TAT was designed for parents to work on speech sounds with their child during their daily activities- grocery shopping, going to the park etc. and create an opportunity for ‘on the go’ speech practice.
While playing TAT we hope that you and your child will increase your awareness and attention to speech sounds that are occurring in your environment all around you and be motivated to practice them while playing this ‘treasure hunting’ game doing real life speech practice.
TAT includes a number of features:
- Quick setup
- Fully customizable, the parent/child can select the sound, words and locations to play
- More than 450 target words are included representing all sound positions (initial, medial, final)
- Includes voice recording. The recordings can be played back and re-recorded but are not saved. Voice quality varies so it is best if the parent monitors and evaluates their child’s pronunciation
- The child can use the word on its own, in a phrase or short sentence that they create or repeat after the parent
- There is a challenge level as the child progress (sounds in various positions, multiple target sounds in the word, etc.)
- Independent word scoring system to make the game different every time it is played
- Can be played virtually –the child can pretend to be at the location and practice the target sounds and words without leaving home or the car!
# There is options of correct pronunciation.
# lateral consonant
# combination consonant
# forward vowel
# back vowel
# central vowel
# central vowel with r, unstressed (hooked schwa)
What you will learn:
- Exactly how a single IPA character is pronounced. You will hear the correct sound of each symbol
- How to pronounce any English word just by looking at its phonetic representation in the dictionary
- How to pronounce words in a sentence
Different from many other languages (French, Spanish, Vietnamese...), you cannot pronounce a word correctly in English just by looking at it. Does that mean there is no other way to learn the pronunciation of words than listening to native speakers?
The answer is no. You can pronounce all words in English if you know how to pronounce the IPA phonetics symbol correctly.
The symbols from the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), as used in phonetic transcriptions in modern dictionaries. If you have used a dictionary before, you will notice that, besides the word you want to find its meaning, there is a part looks like this: /ˈbʌtər/
That's the IPA representation of that word and it's the key to pronounce the word correctly.
Learning IPA characters is not simple but with this application, you can master any IPA sound in a short period of time.
So, what does this application do to help you improve your English pronunciation?
1. It contains the lessons of IPA characters including vowels, diphthongs and consonants
2. It shows you how to pronounce a single phonetic symbol correctly. Our teacher, Ms. Micaela has been teaching ESL students for a long time and she knows how to tackle with the problems you have when learning English
3. The application provides you tool to assess your level. There are many practices that give you feedback right away.
4. It also provides the detailed report on each practice you did. The report will show you your progress and also which words, sentences you found most challenging.
New lessons and features will be added frequently.
Let's get started learning how to pronounce the IPA characters!
tags: phonetics, english pronunciation
Speech Trainer offers full functionality for free with no ads and minimal permissions required. It is free software released under the GNU General Public License.
With the voice recognition you can verify the pronunciation and you can listen the right one.
This is a fun tool for everyone to improve the pronunciation.
You can verify the progress in a fast way.
The free version offers exercises with:
The pro version offers exercises with the following sound:
- ea and ea
- Easy to use
- Use low memory and low CPU
- Fast increase of the pronunciation
- No Ads
- Many words
Key words: english, pronunciation, learn, children, Adults, Word, Voice, Logopedic, exercise, voice recognition, speech, therapy
to hear back the user's own voice through headphones after a specific delay in seconds.
The voice is echoed back automatically, while standard audio recorders
would require multiple button clicks to duplicate this process.
The tool has a wide range of applications and can be used effectively in training
for accent reduction, foreign language pronunciation, diction, articulation,
singing, public speaking, and interview practice.
Please visit www.echohacks.com to learn how to use the tool effectively for your
EchoHacks Speech Trainer was created by the developer who wanted to reduce his
foreign accent, and improve his public speaking skills. He developed the app
after realizing that no tools were available that would assist him to focus on
deliberate practice (focused high repetition drills) in speech training.
* The app will only function with a phone headset.
* The app is a speech training tool and does not record audio.
* The app will run in the background.
*** Troubleshooting : Device is not recognizing the headset connection ***
There are some devices that do not auto-detect a headset connection, so the
the app won't run. In this case, you can use the SoundAbout app to overwrite
the default headset setting. Click on the Media Audio section and select Wired Headset.
In most cases, this will solve this issue.
If you encounter any problems, please leave a message on the website forums
(www.echohacks.com/forums) and we will do our very best to help you.
speech, speech training, accent, accent training, pronunciation, articulation, speech, foreign language,
APP for IPA phonetic transcriptions and pronunciation exercises valid for languages (and dialects) in the world. Running the program opens a window to full screen consists of three sections:
- Menu bar
- Area of writing (text box)
- Touch screen keyboard (for character input and playing phones)
Features in this version:
Adaptable to screens 7" - 10"
Can be used for phonetic transcriptions and pronunciation exercises of the world's languages
Text editor with all the functions of file management (opening, saving, etc.) and text formatting functions
Keyboard touch screen containing about 200 phonetic symbols (alphabetic characters, diacritical, suprasegmental) and about 100 phones
Labels for each row and column of the keyboard that explain the arrangement of the phonetic symbols
3 modes: writing with labels, write without labels, only reading (text box)
Ability to listen to every phono transcribed by switching the audio.
We appreciate the comments and suggestions to improve the
N'hésitez pas à télécharger la VERSION DEMO de "Confusion m/n" si vous voulez vous faire une idée précise de nos logiciels d'entraînement sur les confusions !
Le petit conseil de l'orthophoniste : commencez par insister sur les exercices "pour les oreilles", qui développeront l'attention auditive de votre enfant.
Mots-clés : apprendre, enseigner, les enfants, école primaire, orthophonie, orthophoniste, confusions, mélange, lettres, les aptitudes cognitives, éducatif, p/t