This free version includes Interactive Phonemic Charts for British English and American English. Tap to hear a sound, or tap and hold to hear the sound and an example word.
In the Premium version (now available) you can look up, listen to and record words in the WORDLIST; PRACTISE your pronunciation skills; test yourself with the pronunciation QUIZZES; and LEARN with Top Tips, videos and more!
FREE VERSION FEATURES:
- Interactive Phonemic Chart with high quality audio
- Work in British or American English, and switch between them at any time
- ‘Introduction to the Chart' video
- Tasters of both the Practice and Quiz modes from the Premium version
IN ADDITION, THE PREMIUM VERSION INCLUDES:
- Vocabulary Wordlist (with over 650 words):
> Phonemic transcriptions and audio
> Record your own pronunciation
- Practice Activities (Listen, Read and Write)
- Quizzes ('3 Minutes' & '3 Lives' modes)
- Top Ten Tips for Students
- Top Ten Tips for Teachers
- ‘Teaching with the Chart' workshop video
For more information about the chart, the choice of vocabulary included in the Wordlist, and the benefits of Sounds: The Pronunciation App for both language teachers and students, visit the website at www.soundspronapp.com
PLEASE NOTE: QVGA 240 x 320 resolution not supported.
All About Reading is a multisensory, mastery-based program that starts with essential pre-reading skills and continues on to teach all five key components of reading.
All About Spelling teaches encoding skills, spelling rules, and multisensory strategies to help your student become a proficient speller for life.
Our lightly scripted “open and go” lesson plans and mastery-based approach leave no gaps and make this curriculum a favorite of homeschool families everywhere. Suitable for all ages and learning styles!
With this English Pronunciation Training application, you will learn some important topics about speaking English properly such as:
- Short vowels
- Long vowels
- Double vowel sounds
- Voiced consonants
- Voiceless consonants
- Other consonants
- Mouth and tongue positions when pronouncing sounds
- Voiced and unvoiced sounds
Moreover, there are some unique features that helps you learn to pronounce English better:
- You can hear the pronunciation and many examples about that.
- You can tap on the words in practice area to hear the correct pronunciation of that word
- Pronunciation videos with phonetics letters that helps you know the right way to pronounce a word
- You can view your progress
- You can earn points after making correct pronunciations
There are three sections in this app: vowels, diphthongs and consonants.
• Pure vowels are arranged according to mouth shape (left to right, lips wide / round - top to bottom, jaw closed / open).
• Diphthongs are grouped in rows according to their second sound.
• ‘x’ has two sounds, namely, /ks/ and /gz/. These two sounds are not represented in the standard IPA chart; they are put here for the sake of completeness.
• The letter ‘q’ is always followed by the letter ‘u’. Together, they make the /kw/ sound.
- Words written in black or red for ease of reading
- Clear and good quality audio
If you have suggestions or comments on how we can improve this app, whether in content or functionality, please send us your feedback. If you feel this app is useful, please share it with your friends.
e-mail us at: email@example.com
There are three different ways to use the app: Adventure Play, Quick Play, and Random Play.
►Adventure Play contains 72 levels, divided into three skills: pitch awareness, loudness comparison, and sound pattern imitation. The beginning levels are easy, but they become more difficult as the game advances.
►Quick Play allows for directed practice on one skill at a time.
►Random Play presents the games in random order.
All four games feature cute, colorful birds. The first game is matching. The object of this game is to match the birds that have exactly the same sound. The second game involves putting the little feathered babies in the correct order on a ladder, by judging either their pitch or their loudness. The third game is memorizing a short tone pattern and then reproducing it. The fourth game is a bonus game and similar to the game "Simon".
Feedback is immediate, and if the arrangement is incorrect, your child has a chance to go back and try again. He or she can tap on the little birds as many times as necessary to help make a choice.
►Adventure mode with 72 level
►Quick play mode for full control (Pairs/Sequence - Tone/Pitch/Volume)
►Random play mode for endless fun
►Motivating Birds in unlimited colors
►Save the progress for up to 6 Players
You can look up and listen to words and phrases in the WORDLIST, plus record and compare your own pronunciation. If you’re using a Macmillan coursebook, you can now buy additional wordlists directly inside the app.
PRACTISE your pronunciation reading, writing and listening skills
Test yourself with one of the pronunciation QUIZZES
LEARN with lesson plans, videos and top tips for teachers, and study hints for students
COMPLETE FEATURE LIST:
► Interactive Phonemic Chart (British and American English) with high quality audio - tap to hear a sound, or tap and hold to hear the sound and an example word.
► Work in British or American English, and switch between them at any time.
► Vocabulary Wordlist (with over 650 words):
- Phonemic transcriptions and audio
- Record your own pronunciation
- Purchase new wordlists from directly inside the app. Wordlists are available for popular Macmillan coursebooks, as well as topic-based lists. New wordlists feature vocabulary, phrases and audio recordings.
- Turn stress marks on or off to view the primary stress mark in the Wordlist, Practice and Quiz sections.
► Practice Activities (Listen, Read and Write).
► Quizzes (‘3 Minutes’ & '3 Lives' modes) for listening, reading and writing.
► ‘Introduction to the Chart' video featuring Adrian Underhill.
► Three downloadable lesson plans for teaching with the Sounds app.
► Top Ten Tips for Teachers.
► Top Ten Tips for Students.
► ‘Teaching with the Chart' – complete workshop video with Adrian Underhill.
► Full Instructions.
For more information about the phonemic chart, the choice of vocabulary included in the Wordlists, and the benefits of Sounds: The Pronunciation App for both language teachers and students, visit the website at www.soundspronapp.com
Speech Trainer offers full functionality for free with no ads and minimal permissions required. It is free software released under the GNU General Public License.
In the application main screen you can select the week (the set of words) to work with (select the week and press the load-words button.
The application menu allows you filling the table with the words to be used later (in the main screen).
You can select the week in whose file the words will be saved. Thus, you can have words for several weeks (no need of changing them too often).
The table screen allows to examine each week words-file. Of course, those words can be changed.
In order to make the Tex-To-Speech engine work, you must enter the Android settings, then the voice preferences. There, you have to configure TTS Settings (start the engine if necessary, and install the data files if required).
All of the 26 letters of the alphabet from A to Z are sounded out.
This easy to use app will teach you all the letters and sounds using phonics. This FREE app is a great way to learn your ABC letters. It will help with children who are learning to read for any of those attending pre-school, kindergarten, elementary, primary or reception school.
This app could also be used by adults who may be learning English for the 1st time.
The app was designed to appeal to children and adults who like bright graphics that offer fun ways of learning. The games will keep you interested in learning and also test to make sure that information is being learned as they are using the app.
Through using this app users will be able to learn to read more easily and recognize all of the phonic sounds from A to Z immediately.
The app has four child friendly sections.
Here you learn how each letter of the alphabet sounds. Each letter has three examples of how it is pronounced with associated picture e.g. M for Monkey, Mop and Mouse. The graphics are fun pictures to help with recognizing the sounds and the sounds can be repeated as often as the user needs.
Here is where the work from the learn phonics section is put to the test. Sounds are played and the player needs to pick the correct letter to match the sound. Sounds can be repeated so that the user can make sure that they recognize them and there are different levels for the user to try out as they learn more.
This card game helps you recognize letters as you have to match sounds and cards to win the game. The user must match cards after seeing the letter and hearing the sound. This also helps with the user’s memory and ability to recall sound and letters.
In this game the player is presented with a picture and word with a missing letter. The player must pick the correct letter to complete the word. Each letter sound is played as the user presses the button. This also helps users recognize sounds and letters from the alphabet.
- Search the English word and it will display its simple English.
- "Search Options" feature that help to search the word "Starting" with searching word or "Ending" with searching word or "Containing" the searching word.
- Play sound of English Words.
- No need of Internet. Work offline without using Internet.
What you will learn:
- Exactly how a single IPA character is pronounced. You will hear the correct sound of each symbol
- How to pronounce any English word just by looking at its phonetic representation in the dictionary
- How to pronounce words in a sentence
Different from many other languages (French, Spanish, Vietnamese...), you cannot pronounce a word correctly in English just by looking at it. Does that mean there is no other way to learn the pronunciation of words than listening to native speakers?
The answer is no. You can pronounce all words in English if you know how to pronounce the IPA phonetics symbol correctly.
The symbols from the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), as used in phonetic transcriptions in modern dictionaries. If you have used a dictionary before, you will notice that, besides the word you want to find its meaning, there is a part looks like this: /ˈbʌtər/
That's the IPA representation of that word and it's the key to pronounce the word correctly.
Learning IPA characters is not simple but with this application, you can master any IPA sound in a short period of time.
So, what does this application do to help you improve your English pronunciation?
1. It contains the lessons of IPA characters including vowels, diphthongs and consonants
2. It shows you how to pronounce a single phonetic symbol correctly. Our teacher, Ms. Micaela has been teaching ESL students for a long time and she knows how to tackle with the problems you have when learning English
3. The application provides you tool to assess your level. There are many practices that give you feedback right away.
4. It also provides the detailed report on each practice you did. The report will show you your progress and also which words, sentences you found most challenging.
New lessons and features will be added frequently.
Let's get started learning how to pronounce the IPA characters!
tags: phonetics, english pronunciation
# There is options of correct pronunciation.
# lateral consonant
# combination consonant
# forward vowel
# back vowel
# central vowel
# central vowel with r, unstressed (hooked schwa)
The Common Core Foundational Skills 1st Grade states:
Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds
a. Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
b. Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds (phonemes),
including consonant blends.
c. Isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in
spoken single-syllable words.
d. Segment spoken single-syllable words into their complete sequence of
individual sounds (phonemes).
All of these foundational skills are covered in this Phonics Awareness app, making it very usable in any first grade school core program. Over 300,000 people agree. Phonics Awareness is an app any teacher or parent can trust! The check yourself section allows the parent or teacher to see the child’s progress on these skills, allowing them to catch up or keep up with their peers. Using this section as a pretest will target the student’s individual needs.
* Learning through animation, sound and touch.
* Bugs do the teaching to add fun and whimsy.
* The “Check Yourself” section tests your child’s learning and shows you the scores.
* Tutorial format guides your child through the activities.
* Games add to the fun.
* Based on the Common Core Standards for 1st Graders.
*Give your child a head start on first grade literacy.
* Correct answers get immediate and consistent praise while wrong answers simply ask them to try again.
*Multi-sensory learning creates a high degree of interactivity through voice, written words and animations.
*Fun bug graphics holds your child’s attention.
* Personalized feedback every step of the way.