• The App provides information related to Cases filed in the Subordinate courts and most of the High Courts in the country.
• One can use this exclusively for District Courts or High Court or both. By default the app is set for District Courts however you can change to High Court or Both. So decide your requirements and configure your settings accordingly.
• eCourts Services App is useful to Citizen, Litigants, Lawyers, Police, Government Agencies and other Institutional Litigants.
• In the App services are given under different caption viz. Search by CNR, Case Status, Cause List,calendar and My Cases.
• CNR is unique number assigned to each case filed in District and Taluka Courts in the Country, through Case Information System. Simply by entering the CNR one can get the current status and details of the case.
• Case Status can be searched by various options like Case Number, Party Name, Filing Number, FIR Number, Advocate Name, Relevant Act of the Case and Case Type.
• All above options are shown in the App with identifiable separate icons under the Case Status tab
• Initial search result of case status is displayed with Case Number and names of parties.
• Once link of case number is clicked current case status and entire history of the case is displayed with expandable view captions.
o Case Details caption shows information of Case Type, Filing Number, Filing Date, Registration Number, Registration Date and CNR Number.
o Case Status Option shows information of First Hearing Date, Next Hearing Date, State of Case, Court Number and Designation of Judge.
o Expandable view captions viz. Petitioner and Advocate, Respondent and Advocate, Acts, History of Case Hearing, Judgment and Order, Transfer Details can be viewed when user clicks any of these expandable captions.
o The “History of Case Hearing” caption shows entire history of the case from first date of hearing to current date of hearing. When we click date of hearing shown in the form of link, it will show business recorded on clicked date.
o Judgment and Order caption shows links of all judgments and orders passed and uploaded in the selected case. Link of the Judgment and order can be clicked to view the same.
o “Add Case” button can be seen while viewing the case history, on the top right corner “. Any case can be saved with the help of Add Case button. Once a case is added, the button changes its appearance and caption to Saved Case.
• In the option named Advocate under Case Status, information can be searched by name of Advocate or his bar Code. Once Bar Code of any advocate registered with system is entered, it generates list of all cases wherein his name is tagged with the case.
• Date Case List is unique cause list option which generates cause list all cases of Advocate listed before all courts in the Complex.
• Litigant or Lawyer can save all cases of interest, which will be shown under My Cases tab. This helps them to create and manage Portfolio of their cases or Personal Case Diary for further use.
• Today’s Cases button shown under My Cases tab provides facility to view only today’s listed cases from all cases saved under My Cases. One can select another date to see the cases listed on selected date.
• When case details are accessed through My Cases, it gives option to “Remove Case”
• Refresh button is given adjacent to Today’s Cases to update the information saved under My Cases.
• If any case is not updated or refreshed because of connection issue, App will show this information as “connection error”.
• Cause List option generates cause list of selected Court.
• Backup facility is provided to take backup of saved cases on mobile Device
o By using Export option backup can be taken in text file format on device
o By using Import option data can be restored in My cases tab.
Facilities like calendar, caveat search, and court complex location on Map.