What is Barterchain?
A peer to peer platform, where members can swap their skills & services for free! Our matchmaking technology will find you a direct trade unlike any other barter site, based on what you need & what you can offer in return.
We’re at a time in history where our monetary system is failing many. But why should we depend solely on money? Everyone has time, everyone has skills, everyone has gifts - which make for the perfect cashless exchange!
* Matchmaking technology - our algorithms will find you the perfect matches, based on the categories of services you can offer & those you want in return.
* Swipe function - we’re used to swiping to find romance, so why not swipe to find barters? Left for no, right for yes, or save to come back to later.
* Advanced searching - if you haven’t found exactly what you want you can use the filter options to search by category, subcategory & distance.
* Barter in person or online - with each offer you put up or service you search, you can choose to barter locally, or internationally - to increase your options.
* Internal chat - once you’ve found a match, together you can negotiate the terms of trade. Here you can agree or refuse the barter, or report the user.
* Statuses of barter - once you’ve agreed on a fair barter, it will move from ‘pending’ to ‘active’ & afterwards, to ‘complete’.
* Barter Tokens - after a successful barter, both users will be issued a token. These are displayed on your profile, so others can see how active you are.
* Rates and reviews - after a barter, both users will be asked to rate the other. These will also be visible on your profile, so others can see how skilled you are.
* Personal dashboard and profile - here you’ll find your barter history, your tokens, things you’ve saved & have the option to edit your offers / wants.
* Community Page - here you’ll find the profiles of everybody else in this barter network. It’s a great way to find other users, even if you’re not a direct match.
Who would want to barter?
Maybe you’re a microbusiness owner or a freelancer, trying to cover all aspects of the business yourself, but with gaps in your skills. Bartering allows you to outsource tasks & network with others, without affecting your budget.
Maybe you’re unemployed or underemployed & can’t afford the things you need. But you do have time & skills! Exchanging them allows you to use your time productively, keep your skillset current & get what you want & deserve.
Maybe you’re a student, a trainee, new to a city & can’t take on a full time job. But there are services you’d like to avail of & there are of course skills you can offer in exchange! You don’t need a degree, to be of use to someone else.
Maybe you’re a stay at home parent & minding your kids is a full time job. You spend your money on the kids and the household, but you’d love to be able to treat yourself for once. Trading your many skills lets you do exactly that.
Or, maybe you’re a survivalist, interested in self-sufficiency & you don’t want to depend on currency for everything. A barter economy is an alternative structure for meeting human needs & a great way to meet like minded people.
Need more reasons to barter?
For individuals - the connections that come from barter are personal, meaningful & long lasting. Trust us when we say - it’s like a social prescribing for loneliness.
For communities - a barter economy is built on inclusion, equality, reciprocity & trust. It revives communities & leaves its members feeling connected, abundant & valued.
For an organization - bartering emphasizes collaboration over competition. It’s very beneficial within organizations that want to foster team building, community strengthening & member wellness.
If you’re interested in a closed bartering network for your organization, that’s an option too. Reach out to us at email@example.com