• Be as beautiful and easy to use as possible without sacrificing security or privacy
• Rely on existing, well established protocols
• Do not require a Google Account or specifically Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
• Require as little permissions as possible
• End-to-end encryption with either OTR or openPGP
• Sending and receiving images
• Intuitive UI that follows Android Design guidelines
• Pictures / Avatars for your Contacts
• Syncs with desktop client
• Conferences (with support for bookmarks)
• Address book integration
• Multiple Accounts / unified inbox
• Very low impact on battery life
Conversations works with every XMPP server out there. However XMPP is an extensible protocol. These extensions are standardized as well in so called XEP’s. Conversations supports a couple of those to make the overall user experience better. There is a chance that your current XMPP server does not support these extensions. Therefore to get the most out of Conversations you should consider either switching to an
XMPP server that does or - even better - run your own XMPP server for you and your friends.
These XEPs are - as of now:
* XEP-0065: SOCKS5 Bytestreams - or rather mod_proxy65. Will be used to tranfer files if both parties are behind a firewall (NAT).
* XEP-0138: Stream Compression saves bandwith
* XEP-0198: Stream Management allows XMPP to survive small network outages and changes of the underlying TCP connection.
* XEP-0280: Message Carbons which automatically syncs the messages you send to your desktop client and thus allows you to switch seamlessly from your mobile client to your desktop client and back within one conversation.
* XEP-0237: Roster Versioning mainly to save bandwidth on poor mobile connections
Main features are,
* Loads and display Avatar of buddies using VCard.
* Chat history
* Run the app in background and get notifications on new messages.
* Option to add and delete contacts.
* Change your status,status message and avatar as you needed.
* Chatroom support.
This application is not tested with other servers except G Talk
This application supports the following capabilities:
• Integrated voice
• High-quality video with interoperability to Cisco TelePresence and other video endpoints
• IM, presence
• Visual voicemail
• One-tap escalation to WebEx meetings (cross-launches the Cisco WebEx® Meetings application)
Device and Operating System Requirements:
Cisco Jabber for Android Release 10.6 is supported on the following smartphones and tablets with Android OS combinations officially. (Refer to Release notes for more details and any potential updates):
• Samsung Galaxy SII, SIII, S4, S4 mini, S5, S5 mini, Note II, Note III, Note 4 and Rugby Pro (Android OS 4.4.x)
• Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, Tab 4, Tab PRO, Tab S and Note Pro (Android OS 4.4.x)
• Google Nexus 5, 7 and 10 (Android OS 4.4.x and Android OS 5.0.x)
• Sony Xperia ZR, M2, Z1, Z2, Z2 Tablet and Z3 (Android OS 4.4.x)
• LG G2 and G3 (Android OS 4.4.x and Android OS 5.0.x)
• HTC One Max, M7 and M8 (Android OS 4.4.x)
• Motorola Moto G (Android OS 4.4.x)
For more information about Cisco Jabber, visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/jabber
IMPORTANT: Customers taking advantage of the Single Sign On (SSO) functionality on WebEx Messenger and deploying Client Certificate-based Authentication to Android devices through a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution may need to deploy / upgrade to the Jabber for Android 10.6 release utilizing the URL configuration option. Please refer to the Jabber for Android release notes for more information.
IMPORTANT: Cisco Jabber IM for Android has been rebranded to Cisco Jabber for Android. Cisco Jabber IM for Android users can use this latest version for their chat needs. NOTE: Prior to migrating from Jabber Voice for Android, check with your administrator to ensure that your infrastructure configuration is supported by the latest Jabber for Android release. Also, when migrating, make sure to REMOVE the Jabber Voice app to avoid conflicts with your Jabber accounts.
IMPORTANT: If connecting to Cisco Unified Communications Manager, administrators must enable the correct Cisco Jabber for Android configurations, or proper connectivity will not be established. For details, review the Cisco Jabber Installation and Configuration Guide.
IMPORTANT: Most of the features described above are specific to a particular system configuration. Please check with your IT administrator to determine the specific features that are available to you.
Portions of Cisco Jabber are licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), and are “Copyright © 1999 Erik Walthinsen email@example.com”. You may obtain a copy of the LGPL license at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html.
Cisco, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Jabber are trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. Copyright © 2013 - 2015 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
By tapping “Install” you agree to install Jabber and all future software updates, and you accept the terms of service and privacy statement below:
Consult the Cisco Support Forums at http://supportforums.cisco.com if you encounter issues with unsupported devices.
- Multiple accounts
- Quick switch between simultaneous chats
- Rich visibility settings for contacts and groups
- Compatible with all standard XMPP servers
- Pre-configured support of Gtalk, Facebook chat, Livejournal chat, Vkontakte, Ya.Online, Google Apps Gtalk accounts
- Multi user chat (MUC)
- Chat history
- Export history to SD card
- Server side message archive support
- Inline hyperlink support (web pages, YouTube, e-mail, phone numbers, XMPP Uri)
- View contact's information (vCard)
- Grouping contacts by groups and/or accounts
- Contact list management: add/remove/edit contacts, groups, subscriptions
- Contact search
- Integration into phone's contact list (call from the chat and chat from the phone contact list)
- Notification setting for each contact
- Notifications based on key phrase
- Full Unicode support, chat in any language
- Portrait and landscape views
- Stream compression (not all servers supported for now)
- OTR encription
- TLS support
- Legacy SSL support
- SASL support
- Check for the server certificate
- SRV record and DNS round robin support
- Client software icons in contact list (Adium, Empathy, Gajim, Gtalk, iChat, Miranda, Pidgin, Psi, QIP, Xabber, Xabber VIP)
- Typing notification support
- Message delivery receipts
- Shortcut to a chat on home screen
List of supported (pre-configured) services:
- GTalk (Google Talk, Google Apps accounts are supported too)
- Windows Live Messenger / MSN (Android 2.2 or higher required)
- Facebook chat
- Livejournal chat
- Tablet interface
- File transfer
RFC-3921: Instant Messaging and Presence
XEP-0030: Service Discovery
XEP-0128: Service Discovery Extensions
XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities
XEP-0153: vCard-Based Avatars
XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat (incompletely)
XEP-0078: Non-SASL Authentication
XEP-0138: Stream Compression
XEP-0203: Delayed Delivery
XEP-0091: Legacy Delayed Delivery
XEP-0199: XMPP Ping
XEP-0147: XMPP URI Scheme Query Components
XEP-0085: Chat State Notifications
XEP-0184: Message Delivery Receipts
XEP-0155: Stanza Session Negotiation
XEP-0059: Result Set Management
XEP-0136: Message Archiving
Check Xabber Development version for new functionality.
Source code of Xabber is available at https://github.com/redsolution/xabber-android under GNU GPLv3 license.
For more information visit our website http://xabber.com or follow @xabber_xmpp at twitter.
yaxim aims at security, low overhead and keeping your server connection open. So far, it only supports a single account.
* Connection with a single XMPP server (or GTalk, or Facebook Chat, or …)
* Immediate reconnection on 3G/WiFi network changes (seamless with XEP-0198)
* You are asked about self-signed SSL certificates
* Allows automatic connection after turning on your phone
* Roster management support
* Persistent message history
* Message Carbons (XEP-0280)
yaxim is optimized to use the yax.im free XMPP service: http://yaxim.org/yax.im/
AstraChat is always connected to your XMPP server in the background and provides you with immediate push notifications of new messages.
AstraChat is very efficient with the network connection and data consumption so you can be confident that it will use very little of your battery or data allowance.
NEW: Google Talk (Gtalk) Preconfigured Settings
NEW: Facebook Chat Preconfigured Settings
• Reliable direct connection to the XMPP server
• No proxy server that might compromise your password or message content
• No account to sign up - just download and connect to your own server
• Secure connection with SSL and TLS
• Compatible with all XMPP servers
• Works on all mobile and WiFi networks
• Immediate push notification of new messages
• Is typing support
• Message delivery receipts
• Last seen presence (XEP-0012 if supported by XMPP server)
• Fast picture sharing
• Unlimited chat history
• Easy to use
• Fast and modern WhatsApp like interface
• Efficient network use
• Optimized for mobile devices
• Low battery consumption
• Low network consumption
AstraChat is suitable for large or small enterprises. With AstraChat, you will be ALWAYS ON!
For more information visit http://www.astrachat.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supported XMPP Protocols:
• RFC-3920: Core
• RFC-3921: Instant Messaging and Presence
• XEP-0012 Last Activity
• XEP-0016 Privacy Lists
• XEP-0054 vcard-temp
• XEP-0085 Chat State Notifications
• XEP-0153 vCard-Based Avatars
• XEP-0172 User Nickname
• XEP-0184 Message Delivery Receipts
• XEP-0191 Blocking Command
• XEP-0198 Stream Management
• XEP-0199 XMPP Ping
AstraChat is a product of Rockliffe Systems - developers of rock solid communication software since 1995.
• INSTANT MESSAGING: Your unique Trillian username can be used to send unlimited messages free of charge. Trillian uses your existing data plan and/or WiFi.
• ANYWHERE: Trillian's continuous client feature delivers your chats instantly between all of your connected devices. In addition, Trillian automatically silences push notifications on mobile devices if you're active on a desktop - no more dealing with a phone buzzing on your desk all day!
• SIMPLE: Trillian places a strong emphasis on fast and reliable message delivery and a beautiful, easy-to-use interface.
• SECURE: All communication with Trillian servers uses TLS to ensure third-parties can't read your chats.
• INTEROPERABLE: Of course, Trillian wouldn't be Trillian without support for Facebook Chat, MSN, GTalk, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, and Jabber.
1. connect and disconnect to a jabber server
2. set your own status
3. chat with friends in your roster
4. subscribe to new friends or respond to subscription requests
tags: google+, facebook, chat, xmpp, jabber
★ EFF rates as most secure: https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard
★ PC Mag “100 Best Android Apps of 2013.”
★ COMPLETELY FREE, UNLIMITED MESSAGING: No charges, ever. Chat all day with your friends across the street or across the ocean
★ CHAT WITH ANYONE, ANYWHERE: Chat with your friends on Google Chat (GChat), Facebook Chat, VKontakte, Yandex, Hyves, Odnoklassniki, StudiVZ, Livejournal, Jabber, and more!
★ FACEBOOK USERS: Add your Facebook "email address" as existing XMPP account type
★ WORKS ON EVERY PLATFORM: Android with ChatSecure, iPhone with ChatSecure, Mac with Adium, Linux with Jitsi, Windows with Pidgin, and more!
★ UNBEATABLE PRIVACY: We keep your messages 100% private using state of the art Off-The-Record (OTR) encryption. Your conversations cannot be logged or intercepted by anyone. NOTE: These security measures only apply when your friend uses a compatible OTR client like ChatSecure, ChatSecure, Adium or Pidgin
★ NO SNOOPING: Your connection is encrypted so nobody can spy on your conversation. And the messages aren't even kept in system memory for any prying apps to find
★ AUTOMATICALLY ADDS YOUR FRIENDS: When you login with any account, including Google and Facebook, your contacts are added immediately
★ FUN BUILT-IN: Multiple themes are included and you can create your own custom wallpapers. Your friends get cute personal icons too!
★ CHAT THAT CAN’T BE BLOCKED: Use ChatSecure with our privacy plugin Orbot to bypass almost all firewalls, network restrictions and blacklists. Get the Orbot plugin, powered by Tor: https://goo.gl/lpnda
★ CHAT ON ANY SCREEN: ChatSecure is designed to be beautiful on any Android phone, tablet, or phablet
★ AD-FREE: We want your love, not your money
★ EASY TUTORIAL: ChatSecure is easy to use. Click here for a quick, interactive walkthrough: https://guardianproject.info/howto/chatsecurely
★ WANT ACCESS TO LATEST BETAS: Join our group here: https://plus.google.com/communities/108480576214602821006
★ WE SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE: ChatSecure is available for friends who speak: العربية, Български, 中文(简体), 中文(台灣), Català, Čeština, Dansk, עברית, Nederlands, English, Esperanto, فارسی, Français, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Magyar, Bahasa Indonesia, Italiano, 日本語, 조선말, Norsk, Polski, Português, Русский, español, español (España), Slovenčina, Slovenščina, Српски, Svensk, བོད་སྐད།, Türkçe, and Tiếng Việt
Don’t see your language? Join us and help translate the app: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/chatsecureandroid
★ ABOUT US: Guardian Project is a group of developers that make secure mobile apps and open-source code for a better tomorrow
★ OUR WEBSITE: https://GuardianProject.info
★ ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/guardianproject
★ OPEN-SOURCE: ChatSecure is free software. You can take a look at our source code, or join the community to help make ChatSecure even better: https://github.com/guardianproject/ChatSecureAndroid
★ MESSAGE US: Are we missing your favorite feature? Found an annoying bug? Please tell us! We’d love to hear from you. Send us an email: email@example.com
The Guardian Project makes apps that are designed to protect your security and anonymity. The protocols that we use are widely regarded as the state of the art in security technology. While we are constantly upgrading our software to combat the latest threats and eliminate bugs, no technology is 100% foolproof. For maximum security and anonymity users must utilize best practices to keep themselves safe. You can find a good introductory guide to these topics at https://securityinabox.org
Keywords: Adium Cypherpunks Encrypted Messages GChat GTalk Hidden Hyves iMessage Jabber Jitsi Off-the-Record (OTR) Pidgin Private Secret Secure Message Viber vkontakte WeChat WhatsApp XMPP
This is the messenger hub we’ve all been waiting for. Disa will unite your messaging & communication services seamlessly while keeping your device clutter free. The design is clean, features are constantly being updated, and merging messages cannot be any easier.
Over 36,000 private alpha-stage testers in the Disa Google+ community believe this app is ready for beta testing, so now we’re putting the app in your hands. Let’s get together and make this what a messenger service hub should be!
Please be mindful this is a beta release and we are still testing. However, it is stable enough for you to enjoy with us as we perfect the app. If you have any questions join the Disa Google+ community (find it at http://www.disa.im) where fellow users and a handful of moderators will help you. Or, visit the FAQ page (http://www.disa.im/faq.html).
What can you do with Disa?
You can easily organize! Merge contacts and messenger services together within two clicks. There are plenty more fun features and we will be constantly updating them to give you the best user experience. Just download the app and discover everything Disa offers.
How to start using Disa?
• Pick your services - Open the app > click settings > click services > click add service > and select the service from the plugin manager list.
(After setting-up your service the last 10 conversations will load. Don’t worry, your previous conversations are not lost; load them manually by creating a new message with a contact or group-chat and it will appear in your conversation list.)
• Merge conversations - Go to your conversations list > long press on the first conversation > click on the other conversation(s) you wish to unify > and click the merge icon on the bottom action bar that pops up.
What plugins exist?
With this beta release the text plugin automatically ships. A plugin for Facebook Chat can be downloaded and installed immediately right now. Third party plugins may also be available on our community. You can find these third party plugins by clicking the search link(s) in the plugin manager of the app.
Don’t worry if you don’t see your favorite plugin available yet. It will come!
What else do we have planned?
More plugins! Tons of new innovation using our patent pending technologies will birth features you’ve never seen before. Disa is not limited to just messenger services; within a few months you will experience communication and organization in a whole new way.
Yes, yes, and more yeses to come as we expand to every type of desktop and mobile device. Not every tablet size and desktop feature is optimized for use yet… but they will be!
What if I need help?
Please try our interactive FAQ page on our website and see if your questions have been answered. If you have any other concerns by all means check the Google+ Community (find it at http://www.disa.im) for quick responses from other users and moderators.
Who can use Disa?
Everyone! This app is meant for the old, young, middle-aged, super organized, and even the lazy. Disa is even optimized down to the “Talk Back” features for the physically impaired.
Enjoy the app and tell all your friends about it. There’s so much more to come!
Questions, comments, requests? Please visit the following websites:
© Disa 2015
Пользоваться uTalk просто и удобно, каждый сможет быстро разобраться в приложении и отправлять сообщения друзьям и близким уже через пару минут после регистрации в программе.
Специально для телефонов на платформе Android создана версия uTalk, которая обладает всеми полезными функциями IM клиента и порадует вас стильным интерфейсом и стабильной работой. Клиент для мобильного общения uTalk будет работать в свернутом состоянии, но не даст вам пропустить ни единого сообщения, благодаря чему вы будете всегда на связи со своими друзьями!
Список доступных социальных сетей для подключения:
We specifically support Cisco Jabber Guest for Android on audio and video for the following Android device and operating system combinations:
Google Nexus 5 (Android OS 4.4.x and Android OS 5.0)
Google Nexus 6 (Android OS 5.0)
Google Nexus 7 - 2013 or later (Android OS 4.4.x and Android OS 5.0)
Google Nexus 10 (Android OS 4.4.x and Android OS 5.0)
HTC One M8 (Android OS 4.4.x)
HTC One M7 (Android OS 4.4.x)
HTC One Max (Android OS 4.4.x)
LG G2 (Android OS 4.2.2 to Android OS 5.0.x)
LG G3 (Android OS 4.4.x to Android OS 5.0.x)
Motorola Moto G (Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy Note II (Android OS 4.2 to Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy Note III (Android OS 4.3 to Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy Note IV (Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2-inch (Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (Android OS 4.2.2 to Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy SII (Android OS 4.1.2 to Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy SIII (Android OS 4.1.2 to Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android OS 4.2.2 to Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (Android OS 4.2.2 to Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch (Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7-inch, 8-inch, and 10.1-inch (Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 8.4-inch and 10.1-inch (Android OS 4.4.x)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4-inch & 10.5-inch (Android OS 4.4.x)
Sony Xperia M2 (Android OS 4.3)
Sony Xperia Z1 (Android OS 4.2 to Android OS 4.4.x)
Sony Xperia ZR/A (Android OS 4.1.2 to Android OS 4.4.x)
Sony Xperia Z2 (Android OS 4.4.x)
Sony Xperia Z2 tablet (Android OS 4.4.x)
Sony Xperia Z3 (Android OS 4.4.x)
Note: We support Cisco Jabber Guest for Android with tested Android devices. Although other devices are not officially supported, you may be able to use Cisco Jabber for Android with other devices.
Portions of the Jabber Guest application are licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), and are "Copyright © 1999 Erik Walthinsen firstname.lastname@example.org". You must obtain a copy of the LGPL license at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html.
AVC/H.264 PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSE NOTICE
The binary form of this Software is distributed by Cisco under the AVC/H.264 Patent Portfolio License from MPEG LA, and is subject to the following requirements, which may or may not be applicable to your use of this software:
This product is licensed under the AVC Patent Portfolio License for the personal use of a consumer or other uses in which it does not receive remuneration to (i) encode video in compliance with the AVC standard ("AVC Video") and/or (ii) decode AVC Video that was encoded by a consumer engaged in a personal activity and/or was obtained from a video provider licensed to provide AVC Video. No license is granted or shall be implied for any other use. Additional information may be obtained from MPEG LA, L.L.C. See http://www.mpegla.com.
You can use Bruno if the other IM apps are just not stylish enough.
★ Joyful colors: magenta, pink, ice and pine
★ Connection with a single XMPP server (or GTalk, or Facebook Chat, or …)
★ Immediate reconnection on 3G/WiFi network changes (seamless with XEP-0198)
★ You are asked about self-signed SSL certificates
★ Allows automatic connection after turning on your phone
★ Roster management support
★ Persistent message history
★ Message Carbons (XEP-0280)
Bruno is optimized to use the yax.im free XMPP service: http://yaxim.org/yax.im/