Summon a thunderstorm light show using your Philips Hue lights. Watch your lights pulse and flash to the sounds of a storm.*
*Hue Bridge required
• Strong Thunderstorm — Heavy rain with frequent lightning and thunder nearby
Lights pulse quickly to the sound of heavy rain. Booming sounds of thunder accompany bright flashes of light.
• Normal Thunderstorm — Steady rain with a full range of lightning and thunder
Lights pulse to the sound of rain. The sound of thunder can be heard from various distances. The closer the lightning, the louder the sound, and the brighter the flashes of light!
• Weak Thunderstorm — Light rain with occasional lightning and thunder far off
Lights pulse slowly to the sound of light rain. Dim flashes of light are followed by soft sounds of thunder.
• Passing Thunderstorms — Rain and lightning intensity changes as the storms pass
Lights pulse and flash at different rates to correspond with the current strength of the storm.
• Change the color and brightness of your lights
• Toggle rain sound effects
• Change rain audio (default, heavy rain, steady rain, light rain, rain on tin roof)
• Set rain volume
• Toggle rain light effects
• Change rain pulse rate (default, slow, medium, fast)
• Target lights for rain light effects
• Change rain transition effects (pulse, fade quickly, fade slowly)
• Change the color and brightness of the rain light effects
• Toggle thunder sound effects
• Set thunder volume
• Change delay lightning
• Toggle delay thunder
• Toggle lightning light effects
• Target lights for lightning light effects
• Change lightning transition effects (random, flicker, flash, pulse, fade quickly, fade slowly)
• Change lightning/thunder occurrence (default, never, occasional, normal, frequent, unreal)
• Change the color and max brightness of the lightning light effects
• Change starting storm for Passing Thunderstorms (weak, normal, strong)
• Change cycle time for Passing Thunderstorms (15 min, 30 min, 60 min)
• Toggle background sounds (birds, cicadas, crickets, frogs)
• Set background volume
• Change default end state (on, off, revert)
• Change sleep end state (on, off, revert)
• Auto-start, Auto-stop, and Auto-restart thunderstorm (auto-restart activates auto-start and auto-stop)
LIGHTS / GROUPS
Select one or more lights for your thunderstorm light show on the Lights/Groups tab. Choose a group that you set up using the Philips Hue app, or create a new zone in the Thunderstorm for Hue app. To edit a zone in the list, swipe the item to the left and tap the pencil icon. When you add, remove, or change lights, pull down the list to refresh.
• Lightning on demand. Start a storm and tap one of the lightning buttons at the bottom of the page.
• Sleep Timer with audio fade out. Sleep End State setting lets you choose what happens to the state of the lights when the sleep timer ends.
• Bluetooth and Casting supported via Google Home app. Delay Lightning setting lets you choose how much time to delay the lightning to compensate for the wireless audio delay.
I'd love to hear your thoughts and appreciate you taking the time to rate the app. By leaving a review, I can continue to improve Thunderstorm for Hue and create a great experience for you and future users. Thank you! —Scott