A visit to Venice through the "Nizioleti", the place names of the city streets, which tell of the arts, crafts and characters of the Serenissima.
This app describes a number of tours in Venice, that combine tourism, history, arts and crafts.
Each tour addresses a specific theme, leading through beautiful places, which names and nature tell about Venice history and arts, and passing by craft shops that produce and offer splendid artistic products.
The app allows to:
- View a list of tours, and choose among them
- Search tours, places or shops by means of keywords, possibly within a given range from one's current location
- View a tour route on an interactive map, including the location of places and shops
- Find the route to a given place or shop
- Read the description of each place, with a special care for the origin and history recalled by its name
- Read the description, richly illustrated, of the artistic products offered by each shop
- Find the contacts of each shop: phone numbers, e-mail address, website address, facebook page
- Manage a list of favourites
- Download the contents in order to use them off-line
- View a glossary of local terms used to name Venice places, and an index of the Nizioleti, divided by category
This app that was developed on behalf of Confartigianato Venezia, on a project by Massimiliano Bianchi, and graphic design by Sevollai Computer Art.
For more details, please read the "info" page on the app itself.
The app also has an associated web site: http://www.artigiani-ve.it/