AOSS lets you easily connect your Android device to your AirStation with secure Wi-Fi.
This app easily and securely connects your Android device to a Buffalo AirStation wireless router using Wi-Fi. Follow the instructions and press the AOSS button on the AirStation. All security (encryption) settings are configured automatically.
If your Android device has Wi-Fi calling (some carrier models such as T-Mobile, Orange UK, etc.), turn it off during AOSS setup.
Android 6.0 or later requires permission to access location services. Follow the instructions for the setting.
This app does not collect location data.
If a device running Android 6.0 or later displays the NO_PACKET_SEQ error, disable the device's mobile data and try again. Enable mobile data after the device successfully connects to the AirStation.
Troubleshooting: If an error occurs, try the actions below.
- Restart the Android device.
- Restart the AirStation.
- Exit all other running applications.
- Move the device closer to the AirStation and try the setup procedure again.
- Change the wireless channel of the AirStation.
- If your AirStation is dual-band [2.4 GHz (11g) and 5 GHz (11a)], switch to 2.4 GHz (11g).
- If other apps that control the Wi-Fi connection are installed, try exiting or uninstalling them. Examples: Wi-Fi Manager app, Wi-Fi Calling app, etc.
- If other Wi-Fi network settings are already stored, delete any unnecessary settings.
Android 2.1 (Eclair)
Android 2.2 (Froyo)
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
Android 3.0 / 3.1 / 3.2 (Honeycomb)
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
Android 4.4 (KitKat)
Android 5.0/5.1 (Lollipop)
Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Android 7.0 / 7.1 (Nougat)
Android 8.0 / 8.1 (Oreo)
Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Nexus 5
- Nexus 5X
- Nexus 6
- Nexus 6P
- Nexus 7 (2013)
- Nexus 9
Compatible AirStations (Access Points):
Any that include AOSS (AirStation One-touch Secure System)
Not compatible with the AirStations models below.
AOSS is a trademark of Buffalo Inc.