This is an application to reduce the amount of communication for a smartphone/tablet. It works by limit the application(s) to communicate in the certain condition such as screen is off.
This app uses Android's VPNService framework to restrict applications that communicate.
This app is a kind of firewall. But, ROOT is not required.
Limit release by free e-mail registration or in-app billing.
With this app, you can do the following.
1) You can explicitly-define the application(s) which can use cellular communication when the screen is off. This will reduce the amount of communication, and enhance the security.
2) You can also limit the application(s) to communicate while screen ON or through Wi-Fi connection.
3) You can completely shut off the cellular communication at certain time of the day, such as at midnight.
4) It display the amount of communication for each application .
5) In android5 system, the communication that was permitted made directly, there is no performance degradation on communication.(In android4 system, the communication is performed via PackeSave, there is degradation of some performance .)
note 1: This app is available in the android 5.0 or later systems.
note 2: In the Wi-Fi only model (which means android devices disabled a cellular communication function), you can not use all functions.
I will recommend to use this app for a smartphone/tablet that have a cellular communication function.
- android 5.0
- VoIP app