- Welcome to the best app to read and listen to the Holy Bible. It contains the most important English Bible: King James Version.
- Download and use totally free
- This app contains an audio version of the Bible. A new way of experiencing the Bible! Touch the audio icon to select the chapter or verse you want to hear.
- King James Bible free works offline! Once downloaded you can use the app everywhere, even if you are not connected to the Internet.
- With this Bible app, you can select, bookmark and save verses of the Bible in a list of favorites, as well as add notes.
- Furthermore, you can send verses by email, SMS or WhatsApp or share them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Increase or decrease the size font of the text and activate night mode if you are reading at night.
- This very renowned version of the Bible was translated in 1604 by 47 scholars members of the Church of England. Commissioned by King James I of England, it was completed and published in 1611 becoming one the most important books in English culture.
The translators of the King James Version took into account all the previous versions translated into English.
The first English Version of the Bible made from the original texts in Hebrew and Greek was the Bible of William Tyndale. He was persecuted and murdered.
Other examples of translations were the Geneva Bible in 1560, the Bishops’ Bible in 1568, Coverdale, in 1535.
Geneva Bible was very popular but King James prevailed and became the “Authorized Version” of the English-speaking people.
KJV stands out for its power, beauty, simplicity, and rhythm of language. It has been named “the masterpiece of English literature”
- The Sacred Scriptures made up of the Old and the New Testaments:
The Old Testament, the first part of the Bible, is a collection of 39 books written by various authors over a period of centuries. It contains the creation of the universe, the history of the Israelites, the books of the biblical Prophets (who spoke for God), and the Wisdom Books.
The books are:
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi.
The New Testament, the second part of the Bible, is a collection of 27 books written in Greek. The name refers to the new covenant (or promise) between God and humanity through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The New Testament consists of the narratives of the life and teachings of Jesus, the acts of Apostles, twenty-one letters called epistles written by various authors and an Apocalypse, the book of Revelation, which is a book of prophecy.
The books are:
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, Revelation.