* King James Version Bible
* Matthew Henry commentary
KING JAMES VERSION
We present for free download the King James Version, the most important English Bible, also called the "Authorized Bible".
In 1604, King James VI ordered a new English version in response to the problems of the preceding translations detected by the Puritans. The translation was done by 47 scholars, all members of the Church of England.
The new version would comply with the practices and the episcopal structure of the Church of England. It was translated from the original languages (Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic) to English.
This version of the Bible became the most widely printed book in history. Its powerful and awesome style has astonished millions of believers over the centuries. Definitely, it is the most used English translation in Anglican and Protestant churches.
MATTHEW HENRY COMMENTARY
This app offer Matthew Henry commentary, a treasure of biblical knowledge, which is comprehensive and user-friendly, providing the reader an indispensable tool for devotions, reading or studying.
Matthew Henry was a nonconformist minister and author born in Wales in 1662. He wrote the renowned biblical commentary “Exposition of the Old and the New Testaments”, an excellent verse-by-verse study of the Bible, covering the complete Old Testament and the Gospels and Acts in the New Testament.
Verse-by.-verse you will find explanations, remarks, and notes that will help you in your understanding of God’s Word.
A cross-reference is a verse that has a similar theme or topic as the verse that you are reading.
Cross-references are a great value for the Bible readers. They can help you to understand the difficult passages, which can be compared to other similar passages to make them more clear and understandable.
The Bible’s authors did not write their books of Bible with chapter or section headings in mind. Translators added them later in order to help organize and divide the Bible.
OUR APPLICATION ALLOWS YOU:
- Read or listen to the Bible without an Internet connection
- Enjoy a completely new and user-friendly interface
- Adjust text size to read easier
- Copy and paste the passages you like
- As in a paper Bible, a bookmark will help you return to a verse of interest.
- Save any verse so you can jump right back to it later
- Share with friends on social networks, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Add notes
- Set up Night Mode to protect your eyes
- Receive verses on your phone
Main divisions of the Bible:
- The Pentateuch: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy.
- Historical Books: Joshua, Judges, Ruth, First Samuel, Second Samuel, First Kings, Second Kings, First Chronicles, Second Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther.
- Books of Wisdom (or Poetry): Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon.
- Books of the Prophets:
Major Prophets: Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel.
Minor Prophets: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi.
- The Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.
- History: Acts
- Pauline Epistles: Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon.
- General Epistles: Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude.
- Apocalyptic writings: Revelation.