An Official US Navy mobile application, produced by the Navy PMW 240 Program.
Revised for 2018, the Navy Financial Literacy application provides Navy personnel with information to help them achieve their personal financial goals and meet the Navy’s financial literacy education requirements. This app allows service members and their families to access financial literacy education anywhere, anytime via their mobile devices.
The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA FY16) made significant changes to the military retirement system and mandated that Navy personnel obtain additional financial literacy training. This app supports that training via checklists, videos, and a compendium of in-app and online resources.
The application is divided into the following sections for ease of use:
• Financial Literacy Touchpoint Checklists offers checklists to track the financial training topics required at each professional and personal touchpoint throughout a service member’s career. Checklists include Initial Entry Training, Arrival at various duty stations, Promotions and Continuation Pay, Marriage and Divorce, Birth of a First Child, Pre- and Post-deployment, Separation or Retirement.
• Financial Literacy Resources includes information on Banking and Financial Management, Credit and Debt, Financial Planning and Spending Plans, Investments, Insurance, and Military Pay and Entitlements.
• Blended Retirement System (BRS) Resources offers various types of information, links, and videos. Of note, information is provided about the Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS), allowing service members to view their BRS status, verify BRS election, elect Continuation Pay, and acknowledge review of their Budget/Financial Plan at designated career touchpoints.
• BRS Comparison Calculator helps Opt-In eligible service members make an educated decision on which retirement system is right for them.
• Courses offers access to the following courses: Opt-In Training for the BRS, The Uniformed Services Blended Retirement System: Your Retirement System, Leader Training to Introduce the BRS, BRS Financial Counselor/Educator Course, and Family Financial Planning.
In addition, the app includes a Favorites section for bookmarking app pages, as well as an Emergency section, which offers information on a variety of crisis-related topics. The Navy Financial Literacy app is also searchable. Download yours today!